• This topic has 13 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The Crimes of Grindelwald
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Dont bother.
    Sheesh. Not even so poor as just milking a successful prior film (Fantastic Beasts was great fun) but worse than that: a jumbled, incoherent, blob of a film that quite patently was written by a committee trying to line up the next bankable franchise of X more films.

Now, I have high hopes of Mortal Engines in the new year.
    Holmes and Watson: Less so.

PrinceJohn

Prepare to be disappointed by Mortal Engines…

Stoner
    Free Member

*harrumph*

weeksy

I thought it was excellent.

BillMC

Getting a bit lairy round Derbyshire is it?

wukfit
    Free Member

Me and the swmbo (a Harry Potter fan) watched it last night
    When it finished I asked her what actually happened, apart from meeting some new characters what’s actually changed since the first film.
    There just seemed to be no real development in the story

loddrik
    Free Member

Yeah but Zoe Kravitz is fit…

mrb123
    Free Member

Is it something to do with the Eiger?

reformedfatty
    Free Member

I liked it. Nice investigation of grey areas

mcnultycop

Mortal Engines looks terrible from the trailer; I worry if they have chosen the best bits for the trailer.

Daffy

Mortal Engines has been slated by the critics.

I thought the Crimes of Grindlewald was pretty good.

Bringing in Dumbledoor, the relationship to Grindlwald, the elder wand, the sibling? It was good.

brassneck

It was all right, but very much 2 of 4.

Mortal Engines has to be good. The full quartet of books is great, sincerely hoping it hasn’t been ballsed up.

Surprise for me recently was Into the Spidey Verse .. just a get out to fill a rainy afternoon with 2 of the boys, but really rather good – inventive, funny, clever.

weeksy

Me and the swmbo (a Harry Potter fan) watched it last night
    When it finished I asked her what actually happened

That’s where you’re going wrong, it’s like the people who pick holes in Star Wars plots, just accept it as mindless entertainment for a couple of hours with explosions and magic. I couldn’t actually tell you the names of a single character in the movie, but that’s OK, i don’t care… I still enjoyed it for what it was.

DezB
    Free Member

Empire mag says Mortal Engines is ok. The reviewer praises some right turkeys though, so I don’t think I’ll bother. Why did Peter Jackson drop it and hand it over to a first time director? Hmm.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘The Crimes of Grindelwald’ is closed to new replies.