Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The cops takes on dashcams and usefulness (vid)
  • Poopscoop

Just as applicable to bikes these days with the rise of the bar or helmet cam.

Watch that bloody van get some air too!😳

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-norfolk-45843691/shocking-dashcam-videos-released-by-norfolk-and-suffolk-police

PrinceJohn

You should follow idiot drivers uk on facebook – some of the driving is mind boggling.
    Not in a good way

thepurist

Disappointing that they are having to rely on the public submitting this sort of stuff rather than having the capacity to actually go and police it.

geuben
    Free Member

What did the white BMW do wrong?

Poopscoop

Did he indicate? 😉

martinhutch

Seemed like completely normal BMW driving to me. 🙂

They hopefully warned Honda Jazzman as well for an interesting lane selection. 🙂 He took rep-man’s lane, but BMW was going a tad fast to adjust, so just took him on the inside and carved up dashcam man for lols on the exit.

I suspect even if Jazzman hadn’t wandered into his way, BMW would have taken the racing line there.

nbt

geuben wrote

On a more serious note – on approaching the roundabout in the left (or perhaps middle) lane, he accelerated out of the lane into the right hand lane, which is normally used for turning right on a roundabout. He then accelerated past traffic already on the roundabout (which might well have been continuing round to the next exit), then cut across them to exit straight on. That he didn;t hit anything or cause an accident is good luck, not good judgment and not nearly good driving.

geuben
    Free Member

He went straight on (unless the video was poorly cut) so indicating would have been wrong! (a broken watch is right twice a day and all that)

geuben
    Free Member

“On a more serious note – on approaching the roundabout in the left (or perhaps middle) lane, he accelerated out of the lane into the right hand lane, which is normally used for turning right on a roundabout. He then accelerated past traffic already on the roundabout (which might well have been continuing round to the next exit), then cut across them to exit straight on. That he didn;t hit anything or cause an accident is good luck, not good judgment and not nearly good driving.” – nbt

There are loads of roundabouts that are signed (on the road) telling you to use both lanes to go straight on.

(this forums quoting functionality is so busted)

PrinceJohn

On a more serious note – on approaching the roundabout in the left (or perhaps middle) lane, he accelerated out of the lane into the right hand lane, which is normally used for turning right on a roundabout. He then accelerated past traffic already on the roundabout (which might well have been continuing round to the next exit), then cut across them to exit straight on. That he didn;t hit anything or cause an accident is good luck, not good judgment and not nearly good driving.

That’s true, but not sure what the Honda was doing switching lanes as they crossed the roundabout with no indication.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Derbyshire Police still don’t have facilities on their web site to submit dash cam footage whilst Cheshire have been accepting it for a year or so now.
    A problem I’ve discovered though is that a 3 minute clip on my cam is about 300mb which makes it difficult to email or upload.

chevychase

You indicate to come off at any exit on a roundabout – so yes, you indicate left to come off a roundabout when going straight on.

DezB
    Free Member

The van one is awesome. Hope he wasn’t too badly hurt (I lie).

I saw a funny one last week, I think it was a bit too far away for my cam. I was slowing for a pelican crossing as the lights were changing (note – I was riding a bicycle!) – a motorbike (moped type), iirc was just in front, accelerated to get through the red light, sped through. I stopped, then noticed up ahead the traffic had stopped and moped twonk was fishtailing about, just missing the stopped cars.

I was laughing, the bloke crossing the road looked at me, I pointed and told him what happened, but I don’t think he was even aware of the moped. Might’ve been a zombie or something.

garage-dweller

Will watch later but the thing that always astounds me is the number of people driving in a manner that is at best careless who are merrily recording their crap overtakes, late braking, aggression and tailgating…

I don’t mind on principle that they’re collecting evidence for their own prosecution but seriously how lacking in self awareness must these chumps be about the standard of their driving that they think it’s a good idea to record themselves driving 3mm from the carbon front flashing their headlights (yes Mr Insignia driver this morning I am thinking of you).

(Yes I know the dash cam will probably go in the ditch before the cops turn up to the crash scene).

scaredypants

That flying van one – is it definitely for real ?

I know there’s a police comment on there but it seems to take off at about mach3 and yet there’s zero debris round the other side of the roundabout.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘The cops takes on dashcams and usefulness (vid)’ is closed to new replies.