Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The claims guys – mis-sold PPI. Any experience?
  • martinxyz
    Free Member

I had a call the other day from someone claiming to be from The claims guys. He managed to keep me on the phone for quite some time (as i stood outside in near zero temps with my bike..about to go for a ride) and he said he would send out some paperwork for me to fill out.

I received their “claims pack” today with about 5 sheets, all the same, to fill out for each loan or card that i may have had PPI added on to over the years.

I have never thought about giving out the details of previous loans to unknowns and not quite sure what i risk losing if i do (all loans are paid off – is there anything i can lose?)

Obviously if i cut there work short they will want to charge me for their work up to a point but have any of you gone the whole hog and let them finish it to the end.. and what was the outcome?

Heres some of the terms & conditions if it helps.
    http://www.theclaimsguys.co.uk/downloads/A4_Terms_of_Engagement_2010_10_07.pdf

Thanks folks!

Mr_C
    Free Member
    martinxyz
    Free Member

Thanks for that. I had a look at moneysavingexpert as well so i need to gather up what i can find and see if theres anything worth chasing.

cliffyc
    Free Member

Was mis-sold when I took out a loan about 4 yrs ago,(was told by agent on phone that taking out cover would greatly improve my chances of getting a loan),lending Bank contacted me directly when “PPI-gate”,first kicked-off and they gave me the premium refund, directly ASAP.

mrmo
    Free Member

was missold, wrote letter to bank got a cheque. It isn’t hard. Some banks did make a bit of fuss a while ago but with the recent admissions they screwed up i don’t think many banks are going to argue if you ask.

dharmstrong
    Free Member

Had this with Egg. Phoned FSA when the press got wind of it last year (I think) and they sent a standard letter on my behalf to Egg. The FSA said they would not intervene any further unless I disagreed with Egg’s decision. Egg, to their credit, held their hands up and returned the premiums. I suggest writing direct as you get all the money back anyway rather than doing via a “PPI claims company”

john_drummer
    Free Member

I can’t be doing with these people. emails from them are treated as spam. phone calls from them usually go something like this:

“we’re XYZ ambulance chasers & we can get your money back for the PPI you’ve been mis-sold in the last 5 years”
    “I haven’t been mis-sold any PPI in the last five years”
    “Our records show that you may have been”
    “your records are wrong. Where did you get them from?”
    “I’m sorry sir, we can’t divulge that”
    “Well I think that’s the end of the call then”

I sometimes get a similar one revolving around “the accident you’ve had in the last five years”
    “which accident would that be then?”
    the accident you’ve had in the last five years”
    “but I haven’t had any accidents”
    “our records say you had an accident in 2007/8/9*” *delete as applicable
    “where did you get your information from?”
    “from your insurance company sir”
    “which insurance company would that be then?”
    “I’m sorry sir, we’re not at liberty to reveal our sources”
    “you mean you’re making it up, don’t you? goodbye”

These companies are the reason our insurance premiums are going up – don’t bloody encourage them!

hammyuk
    Free Member

Stay FAR away from any of them – get yourself to consumeractiongroup.com
    All the info you need is there FREE!

Cougar

Lot of it about.

My mum keeps getting calls about consolidating her debts. She’s never owed anything to anyone in her life.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘The claims guys – mis-sold PPI. Any experience?’ is closed to new replies.