Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • The Christmas thermostat thread
  • geoffj

Currently sitting at a dripping 26 deg c 😯
    Glad we’re on wood not oil! Bloody inlaws!

trail_rat
    Free Member

About 9 billion…..

Thankfully im at my own parents – and its wood from their 6kw cassette stove – its spewing heat.

franksinatra

I didn’t realise they went above 20 deg c 😯

samuri
    Free Member

My wife regularly gets us up to 30 degrees and beyond.

It’s the wood stove. It’s a slow build up but once it gets up to heat it just won’t stop. 26 degrees right now.

ontor
    Free Member

-5 here

br
    Free Member

Lovely and warm here, a combination of an 8kw woodburner and an AGA 🙂

simonm
    Free Member

take the knob off the thermostat, hide it and go to the pub as I have done

IanW
    Free Member

New controls last week and now holding a steady 21 degrees through the day and 18 overnight. The old boilers hardly needed.

Phil_H
    Flaperon

19C here. Heating policy is to keep it set to a fairly low level which minimises the guilt when setting a higher temperature occasionally. Drops to 15C during the day and overnight.

Only problem is that someone wasn’t paying attention when setting the holiday timer and came home today to find the hot water still off and the lounge at 10C…

chrisdw
    Free Member

Only 23.5 here which surprises me. We have had an 8kw and a 5kw stove going full blast all day.

It went up to 32 earlier with the doors all closed.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

soobalias
    Free Member

just dropped to 21
    mrs-alias lit the stove while i made coctails for breakfast, its been a tightrope of too hot/keep the fire lit ever since.

#t-shirt

IanW
    Free Member

Want that app

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

*checks toilet bowl*

Nope not frozen

*turns down heating*

MTFU

wiggles
    Free Member

I have lost the battle for thermostat control, I just pay the bill… And cry

jamiep
    Free Member

Don’t live with the gf – still not had the heating on yet this year

ninfan
    Free Member

Set at 18 degrees, wasn’t used till we had the first frost

set for an hour in the morning 6.30-7.30 (normally leave about 7.45-8) and back on 4.30 till 8 pm

heating always left off overnight, with bedroom windows always part open for ventilation, hot water bottles if its a cold night.

takisawa2

still not had the heating on yet this year

Whenever I see these responses, (& inevitebly someone always pipes up with one), I think why bother having a house…
    Just live rough. Think of the extra money you could save… 🙄

😉

zokes
    Free Member

Aircon currently off and a nice airy 27C here with the doors open and a breeze

globalti
    Free Member

Yep; two woodburners going all day, Aga heating the kitchen AND the CH going to top it all up. I turn the TRV in the lounge down and she turns it up so that the temperature reaches around 30 in there.

Me, yesterday:

br
    Free Member

Don’t live with the gf – still not had the heating on yet this year

Well you certainly don’t live anywhere near me, otherwise you’d be scrapping the ice off the inside of your windows this morning.

Drac

No central heating here into our 4th year now without it.

The log burner warms the house.

Alex

No idea. Ground Source heat pump and all sorts of clever things going on I don’t understand. No thermostats in the house which is heated with underfloor heating and occasionally a wood burner in one of the rooms. It’s nice and warm and that suits me just fine. I did turn the systems from Summer to Winter a while ago.

When we moved in we had Storage heaters and rubbish insulation, The first winter was so cold we ended up running fan heaters as well. One quarters bill was the same as we pay for a year now and it’s a lot warmer.

I really can’t understand why people sit around in the cold. Surely a hair-shirt warms you up ? 😉

lunge

16 degrees here. The gf thinks it’s 20 but I’ve made a few changes to the thermo display. She seems warm enough and isn’t complaining so all is good.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘The Christmas thermostat thread’ is closed to new replies.