Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • The Christmas Dinner Thread 2016
  • glodge
    Free Member

It’s the 1st of December…..

Inspire me with your Christmas Dinner delights

Im going out for a Chinese with the outlaws 🙁 however I need some inspiration for a festive dinner on Boxing Day

km79
    Free Member

Im going out for a Chinese with the outlaws

What sort of madness is this?

bikebouy
    Free Member

If I had my way, it’d be this..

LMT
    Free Member

Going to the pub this year, all booked and paid for.

69er_Gav
    Free Member

Fish pie for Christmas eve
    Roast goat with roast veg etc
    pudding tbc

The best part of the planning is choosing the wines to serve………love it

matt_outandabout

Full roast turkey and trimmings here. Mrs_oab insists.
    She is right on so many things.

Drac

Same as ever.

Roast Sirloin and a free-range chicken.

chakaping
    Free Member

The best part of the planning is choosing the wines to serve………love it

+1

Either a roast chicken & some of the trimmings or leg of lamb here I expect.

A well-aged Tim Adams Semillion for the former and a nice Douro for the latter.

Though my daughter asked for chicken stew and my son wanted spaghetti with meatballs.

😀

ransos
    Free Member

Home-smoked salmon
    Slow roast rib of beef with bone marrow gravy
    Christmas pud

mikey74
    Free Member

We always have Champagne with our trad. turkey. Best meal of the year.

leffeboy

I saw quinoa on our menu 🙁

prototype
    Free Member

My sons want spaghetti and meatballs too… As I’m recovering from a broken jaw for me it has to be something that can be blitzed this year 🙁

duckman

Cannibalism ahoy! Roast Duck with the works for us.

ahwiles
    Free Member

Partridge*, with cherry sauce, etc.

(1 each)

Klunk
    Free Member

roast goose here, and a ham, and possibly a chicken (depending on the fussy eating habits of the guests)

slowoldman

We always have Champagne with our trad. turkey.

Ah we start early. Buck’s Fizz with the breakfast scrambled egg and smoked salmon.

Not sure about dinner. Tempted by pork stuffed with prunes but records show we had that last year.

mikey74
    Free Member

Of course, the alcohol starts flowing well before that, but it’s usually a G&T or a beer/cider :mrgreen:

Oh, and don’t forget the annual family trip down to the local pub, xmas morning.

benjamins11
    Free Member

We shall be doing Turkey – but on the Webber – slowly cooked using an indirect method. Tastes amazing and leaves all the space in the oven for roast veggies/pigs in blankets etc!

SaxonRider

I imagine a pork roast here, alongside some sort of game bird. There is an absolutely fantastic fishmonger at Cardiff Market that also sells game birds. We normally try to buy a few.

Mmmm.

btbb
    Free Member

Some sort of Mexican themed vegetarian meal here!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Rib of beef, a ham cooked in coke ( cola) pigs in blankets etc then Christmas pud.

No starter arranged yet, but I fancy black pudding and scallops.

curto80
    Free Member

Turkey and a side of beef wellington

glodge
    Free Member

Well santas “hopefully” bringing me a decent sized le creuset. Keep thinking a roasted leg of lamb would be best for a maiden voyage but I loved this thread so much last year iil keep an open mind ….

Festive dinner should be ok on the 26th but it’s my pizza party on the 28th using my new Uuni2 which I’m looking more forward to

cchris2lou

no skiing this year so instead Ribeye steak on the bbq .

Neighbours think we are nuts .

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

rotten herring , poisonous congealed white fish and fish eggs on an egg for us!

phil40
    Free Member

We never have full roast as none of us like it! The children want sushi as a starter, maybe a light pasta dish for main, then a raspberry ice cream concoction that my wife makes that we all love!

Breakfast is scrambled eggs in toasted brioche, my daughter and I share the smoked salmon as my wife and son don’t like it!

yossarian
    Free Member

Going out for our big meal on Christmas Eve.

A Mexican Christmas banquet involving citrus and coriander stewed lamb, yucutan pork belly with spicy crackling, a variety of steaks, a huge range of chillies and lots of salsas.

And tequila. Lots of tequila. And Mezcal.

The holy day itself will be spent amidst vast amounts of cold meats, cheese and excellent bread.

zeesaffa
    Free Member

Turkey crown for the traditionalists and lamb for… probably just me! 🙂

Havent decided on pud but a “raspberry ice cream concoction” sounds good!

Lionheart
    Free Member

Traditional in this house for Beef Wellington, roast vegetables and dauphinois potatoes – eaten at 1500 – best meal of the year! In the morning it’s b’fast of scrambled eggs and smoked salmon and then off to ride bikes or horse (gender dependent) back to finish preparing lunch, much having been done the day before.

firestarter
    Free Member

I’m on shift so will be having something out of the microwave at about 8pm 🙁

alpin
    Free Member

Inspire me with your Christmas Dinner delights

buggering off to Italy/Sicily for four weeks….. might be my best plan ever.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Gazpacho Soup
    Fresh Prawns and Oysters
    Moroccan Pork Kebabs with BBQ’d Halloumi
    Roasted Salmon with salad
    Couple of deserts
    Matched wines all the way

Couldn’t face a Turkey at 30c

WildHunter2009

Suspect will be a ham, salmon, seafood and maybe some asian style kebab things this year. Had my turkey and trimmings for thanksgiving so not as fussed and as mike says its too warm!
    Will be bubbly first with smoked salmon on sourdough and then beers, most likely little creatures.

rOcKeTdOg

Last year i had a cheese sandwich on Christmas day

captmorgan
    Free Member

Bacon rolls and Champagne for mid morning, just me and my wife. Then a couple of hours in the local and a walk to the curry house with some of the older singles on the parish so they aren’t alone on Xmas day.

onandon
    Free Member

I can’t stand any of the traditional Christmas dinner and Seasonal foods. Turkey, Christmas pud, mince pies, etc all minging.

stewartc
    Free Member

Im going out for a Chinese with the outlaws

Likewise, but my outlaws will also be Chinese.

myti
    Free Member

We were in Oz last year which was loads of salads, prawns and a huge snapper cooked on the bbq so this year we’re going traditional with an organic free range turkey from the local butcher and probably a ham too. Something light and seafoody for a starter and nigellas white choc raspberry cheesecake for dessert which involves several killos of dairy!

johndoh
    Free Member

Traditional turkey here too, followed by homemade ice cream.

colournoise

Going a bit more traditional than I usually do this year (at the request of my sister-in-law).

Starter will be Yorkshire Pudding with onion gravy, warm pickled onions, crispy shallots and burnt onion.

Main is ballotine of turkey breast (stuffed with cranberry), pigs in blankets (with homemade turkey sausages), confit turkey thigh meatloaf, parmentier potatoes, spiced roast parsnip puree, parsnip crisps, warm ‘pickled’ sprouts, turkey gravy and crispy turkey skin.

Pudding is homemade Christmas pudding and brandy ice cream.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘The Christmas Dinner Thread 2016’ is closed to new replies.