• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by ojom.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The cheap Crank Bros pedals on CRC
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

Can't go wrong can i? surely they all have a 1 yr warranty so if they go tits up, send em back to 2pure job done?

ojom
    Free Member

Nope. Your warranty is with CRC. They are OEM so 2pure have no obligation to help you. They can only be expected to help you with stock bought through them.

They are top guys though so you may find they help you. It would be unfair to ask them though seeing as the Candys have more than likely not come from them.

racing_ralph
    Free Member
    Slogo
    Free Member

i bought some egg beaters a while back and they werte oem. not boxed.

they sure are cheap at that price i wouldnt worry to much.

Spud

Yep, mine came in a bag not a box but I'm not bothered for that money.

atlaz
    Free Member

Not ridden mine yet but they look fine. 2nd pair of OEM Crank Bros I've bought and the others are going strong after 2.5 years.

Rickos
    Free Member

Look at it as buying cleats and getting the pedals for £3.00. Might do that myself.

taka
    Free Member

ill buy the pedals off someone if there just wanting the cleats?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

nice one for the heads up, been thinking of trying some of these for a while, £20 all in is an absoulte steal!!! cheers again!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

just to re-iterate they do come with cleats ill need to put in my shoes im guessing? i have shimano pedals/cleats at the mo so im guessing ill need to change? still cant over them being £20 thats awesome!

GaryLake
    Free Member

Do not use the cleat bolts that come with the cleats – too shallow, too soft and so rounding-off prone it's almost a given you'll do it unless you remove and regrease the bolts every couple of rides.

Nice pedals but bearing life and cleat life – not to mention not be able to swap bikes with most people – meant I swapped back to 'manos aftera year…

namastebuzz
    Free Member

The cheap MXR ones don't last and aren't serviceable like the pricier Crank Bros models which also have a 2yr warranty as opposed to 1yr.

They are a bargain at £20 though esp as the cleats alone are quite a bit.

Hopefully they'll break before the 12 months is up. Mine broke just after 🙁

Also, the finish rusts within about an hour of getting wet so lube them immediately after every ride.

ojom
    Free Member

Normal Candys come with 2yr warranty.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘The cheap Crank Bros pedals on CRC’ is closed to new replies.