Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The campaigners attempting to turn Scotland into a nation of 'hutters'
  • geoffj

I was expecting to see McM’s work in here somewhere

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-23036096

athgray
    Free Member

That sounds fun. Sorely tempted to give it a go.

yunki
    Free Member

hut me right up guv’nor, that looks like the future..! I imagine you would 20 years in chokey if you tried that in England though.. 🙁

footflaps

McMoonter seems to have a large estate – maybe he could offer land to aspiring STW Hutters 😉

woody21
    Free Member

Every man should have a shed (or a hut)

piemonster

Hmm, I’ve been trying to convince the GF to move to Falkland area, partly for this reason.

Must step up the efforts

twoniner
    Free Member

The way this country is though It wouldnt be long before some scrotes have smashed their way in and trashed if for you 😐

I’d love something like this though.

stucol
    Free Member

Plenty of trails around Carbeth for starters. Right next to Mugdock and the WHW.

Two birds and all that.

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

I guess something like this would need a communal composting loo or something. I can’t imagine you can have too many people living and sh!tting in the woods in your hutting community before it gets unpleasant.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

The way this country is though It wouldnt be long before some scrotes have smashed their way in and trashed if for you

Many of them date back to the 1920s,

maybe the scotes don#t read the Daily Wail

Northwind

twoniner – Member

The way this country is though It wouldnt be long before some scrotes landowner trashed if for you

FTFY.

falkirk-mark

theres some just north of Peebles.

gusamc
    Free Member

bit late imho

In the 60s in Arran people were still living in sheds (*and railway carriages). Nowadays it’s a lot trickier, rules and regs, same amount of land, lots more people (many of whom are very profit orientated). It was part of working class culture – boat/forest/coast shed, primus, tilley – cups of tea, bread and butter with fresh fried fish on the beach

StirlingCrispin

Cycle clubs often had huts too – generally half-a-day’s ride from their home.

Talking to the old-timers they used to meet at 1 on a Saturday (because factories worked half-a-day on weekends) – cycle to the hut, spend the night telling jokes and then spend all Sunday riding 100+ miles back home.

Over the years I’ve visited a few – Ayr Roads down towards the Galloway Hills, Fife CTC (which had two but now only the one – on Loch Earn). Lothians CTC had one as well. Wonder how many still exist?

GrahamS

Hmmm… I used to work as a barman at the Carbeth Inn and most of the “hutters” we saw regularly were alcoholics, criminals or bums.

That was 20 odd years ago mind (shortly before the entire staff quit when the pub was attacked by a large group of bikers).

Perhaps times have changed up there, but I suspect it isn’t quite the hippy idyll that the article portrays it as!

TPTcruiser
    Trekster

Alex Salmonds new Eco housing scheme 😉

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Oh. I thought you meant:

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘The campaigners attempting to turn Scotland into a nation of 'hutters'’ is closed to new replies.