The Buzzard, another winner from Sam at Singular

Home Forum Bike Forum The Buzzard, another winner from Sam at Singular

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The Buzzard, another winner from Sam at Singular
  • fenred

Terrible pics!!…but lovely looking build! 😉

sofaking

Terrible pics!!

sorry too busy enjoying myself and only stopped briefly to snap a couple of times

Gotama

What size frame is that?

sofaking

First local ride on the new bike from Sam today and its another great bike from Singular.

feels lively and handles really nicely on the singletrack

climbed well, front end felt planted and stable, no wandering about

the back end felt firm and let you now it was a short chainstayed hardtail but it wasnt the bum bashing ride I was expecting.
    no serious downs around here but what there was it felt great on and I’m looking forward to taking somewhere a bit more challenging to see what it can do
    [/url] buzz 4 by Kriegaffe 9, on Flickr[/img]

[/url] buzz 1 by Kriegaffe 9, on Flickr[/img]

[/url] buzz by Kriegaffe 9, on Flickr[/img]

[/url] Pump it by Kriegaffe 9, on Flickr[/img]

sofaking

its a large and I’m 5 10
    was a bit undecided about size but after some looking around and geometry comparing decided on large and glad I did

Premier Icon CheesybeanZ
    Subscriber

Bring it to CyB weekend after next , luvy colour frame 😀

Premier Icon Cheezpleez
    Subscriber

Nice! I’m loving my Buzzard. I’ve now had a good few rides on it and finding I like it more and more.

The thing that’s surprised me most is how good a technical climber it is. Despite running 1×9, I’ve consistently cleaned steep rooty climbs that have always been touch and go on other bikes with a full range of gears. Stood up and grunting at near-trackstand speed, it just seems to let you place it where it needs to go.

However, the thing it excels at – and what I bought it for – is just mucking about in the woods. It loves a berm and it’s very happy to get all sidewaysified on the ground or in the air.

It rolls like a 29er but it still knows how to have fun.

Been thinking how much fun it would be in the Alps, although I might want a sturdier fork than the Rev I have on mine.

Only (minuscule) downside is that the clearcoat on the frame seems a wee bit fragile. I already have a few (tiny) areas where it’s chipped but I’m hoping it’s not going to get any worse.

Sofaking – interested that you went for a large. You obviously have longer legs than me. I’m 5ft9 with 31in inside leg and happy on a medium with a 50mm stem and 130mm Rev. If my legs were any shorter I think I’d find the bars too high in relation to the saddle.

Premier Icon Clobber
    Subscriber

Loving mine, the only thing I’d add is what a great, efficient pedaller it is too…
    EDIT +1 on the godawful pics

sortmaster

Hi Sofaking,

Is that the cement factory at Ketton in the background for the first pic?

If so, where’s the second pic taken (if you don’t mind me asking)?

tazzymtb

I love the look off the ebb version that’s been out in the FoD are the production models just for danglers? It’s the first bike I’ve seen that may tempt me to at least own one bike where I have some extra cogs !

Premier Icon Cheezpleez
    Subscriber

Production model has vert dropouts and no EBB. It does have ISCG mounts so a Stinger would be an option for SS tensioning. I may SS mine at some point but I’m enjoying the contrast to my other bikes at the moment.

Premier Icon singlespeedstu
    Subscriber

Gnartastic trails there mate.
    Think i should bring my nomad next week if we’re going to be hitting those epic lines.

Premier Icon postierich
    Subscriber

Stable and planted! reading MBR by anychance

Should bring it up to the Lakes then you will find out how p+s it is 🙂

Mbnut

Ummm… sizing is the thing I am pondering… think a medium as i like a short bike… getting old and being strecthed does my lower back no good. Glad to hear you are liking yours Cheezy as we are simalar dimensions.

Now… what fork

chunkypaul

was looking to get this frame, got the groupset, got the fork, but the sizing totally put me off being 6’1″

way too short for me, especially after you’ve stuck a short stem on it as well, it’d be an inch shorter in the top tube than i’d normally go for

and **** getting an XL

sofaking

Sort master, yes that is ketton in pic 1
    the we second is the small wood in Stamford at the old brick yard as is pic 4. A few nice little trails and jumps in there to play about on for an hour
    Rich, would live to come up before summer is over.
    stu your tallboy should be enough for round here

doof_doof

was looking to get this frame, got the groupset, got the fork, but the sizing totally put me off being 6’1″

way too short for me, especially after you’ve stuck a short stem on it as well, it’d be an inch shorter in the top tube than i’d normally go for

and **** getting an XL

Ditto. I don’t want to ride a gate in order to get the TT length I want. Shame, the frame promised so much.

Premier Icon Cheezpleez
    Subscriber

I was worried about the TT length but took a punt on it and I’m glad I did. I started off with a 70mm stem but now have a 50mm on there and it’s comfy despite being at least an inch shorter than any of my other bikes. Don’t ask me why, but it seems to work. That said, I’ve not done any epic rides on it yet. We’ll see.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘The Buzzard, another winner from Sam at Singular’ is closed to new replies.