• This topic has 67 replies, 48 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • The British and Colour
  • mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

All green on my screen here. Can’t move for trees and stuff. Almost walked into a brown cow outside the house the other day. Sky was blue, no clouds. Blah de blah blah blah.

If you’re expecting to find grey things, you probably will.

thomthumb
    Free Member

This was my monday picnic. not grey.

I have black bikes though. super black – with pink/ green grips.

Marin
    Free Member

My van is bright yellow, my favourite bike is lime green, my hallway is yellow, kitchen terracotta and Christmas lights colourful as possible. Just planted up the garden with as much colour as possible for summer. You’re talking more nonsense than usual.

fasthaggis

I was just thinking how grey the world was on Saturday night so I drove across to the East coast and took this ….

🙂 🙂

MrOvershoot

Marin

My van is bright yellow, my favourite bike is lime green, my hallway is yellow, kitchen terracotta and Christmas lights colourful as possible. Just planted up the garden with as much colour as possible for summer. You’re talking more nonsense than usual.

You have a colourful turn of phrase now and again 😉

joshvegas
    Free Member

Has anyone pointed out we don’t need to add colour to compensate for a lack of history and culture?

😛

fasthaggis

Ouch!
    Lets go full stereotype.

canuks

perchypanther
    Free Member

I was just thinking how grey the world was on Saturday night so I drove across to the East coast and took this ….

No I didn’t. I was already there.  🙂

bluebird
    Free Member

You emigrated FROM Canada TO the UK 😳

This is exactly what I thought, but back to the OP.

Having spent quite a lot of time in Canada, what’s so colourful about BC compared to the UK? I accept you generally have a bit better summer, and you have more hippy cafes that can be quite colourful, but you get your fair share of grey skies and rain. Your cities/suburbs are just a grey as ours. Don’t get me wrong, I love Canada and would move there tomorrow, but the bits I have seen aren’t especially colourful compared to the UK. You do have a lot more space and there does seem to be more positive people over there, but that could just my naivety and be the people I’ve encountered.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I didn’t vote Brexit to have some American coming over here telling me my green and pleasant land needed more color

DezB
    Free Member

Man, if there’s anything I care less about than the Eurovision Shit Contest it’s what colour Christmas lights people have. Weird.

HughStew

A matter of opinion, obviously, but I think all cars are absolutely hideous, so a muted colour is best.

SaxonRider

what’s so colourful about BC compared to the UK?

BC? Nothing at all. But then again, it’s on the other side of the Rockies from Canada. 😉

It seems I derailed my own thread by describing Britain as “grey”. I don’t actually think it is. I mean, I love the green that can be seen year-round… I was really only making a sarcastic comment about the rain we get here compared to where I grew up. That being so, I stand by what I said regarding building colours, car colours, and Christmas lights.

Nico
    Free Member

I was really only making a sarcastic comment about the rain we get here compared to where I grew up.

Well you’re moving from a continental to a maritime climate. That’s not a British thing as you have some Maritime provinces back where you came from, and BC as mentioned. But yes, clear blue skies are only an occasional winter feature of the British Isles, and more on the east than the west. It’s been like that for a long time and no amount of pastel-coloured houses or yellow cars will change it. Well, the cars might, what with the greenhouse gases.

rOcKeTdOg

In a land that is primarily grey in summer

i’m brown/green colour blind but even i can tell it’s not grey in summer

Drac

Yes no blue skies in the UK.

timbog160

I do agree about the Christmas lights – I’m not sure when they changed to the white twinkly things but man they look s**t compared to the old fashioned red/ yellow/ green ones…

scotroutes

Was it not when everything went over to LED and white was the easiest/cheapest/brightest available?

timbog160

You may be right – I wasted many happy childhood hours trying to find the duff bulb that would put the whole string out of action 😄

mogrim

I’m not sure when they changed to the white twinkly things but man they look s**t compared to the old fashioned red/ yellow/ green ones…

I can clearly remember my sister deciding that multicolour was tacky and white would be far more elegant, and that was probably about 30 years ago… (Obviously it wouldn’t have been LED like these days, but same idea). Amusingly my eldest daughter decided the same thing this year, but as it’s my tree and I’m paying for it no way José.

zippykona

Coming out of Heathrow after a week in New York it was like, wow someone has turned the green knob to 11.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Painting brick and stone houses is just daft. Painting wooden shacks is a requirement so you might aswell paint it a colour.

Having said all that. All my interior walls are nice greys. Makes the greenery pop.

mikey74
    Free Member

Wooooh, I’ve just about survived what Canadians laughingly call “spring” here. Dear God, a more miserable season has yet to be invented, and I haven’t seen the sun for 3 weeks. I thought London autumn was bad but I’m considering moving to Togo just to remember what sunshine looks and feels like…

Where are you? Spring here in Vancouver has been pretty nice.

nealglover
    Free Member

White and silver cars hide minor scratches and imperfections better than any other colours.

Not that I let that detail stop me driving a bright green camper van every day 👍

CountZero

red (which, no matter what the salespeople say, still fades to shit after a few years)

Not any more, it doesn’t.

CountZero

Even our cities can be colourful, like Bristol…

scotroutes

Portree

Tobermory

Drac

That’s awful Scotroutes.

I have to suffer seeing this place almost daily.

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘The British and Colour’ is closed to new replies.