Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • The Boys, Season 3
  • argee

The first 3 episodes dropped yesterday on Amazon, they actually appear to have raised it a level in relation to gore, violence and some truly ‘how far are they going to take this’ scenes 😂

I’ll not put any spoilers up, but for me it’s a good way of forgetting all the Disney+ rubbish they’ve released in the last couple of years!

drlex
    Free Member

On my watch list after I finish Stranger Things.
    It amused me that in the BTL comments on the review of The Boys S3 in the Guardian, someone complained about the level of profanity.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Came hereto post this. Will be saving it for this evening.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

“it’s a term of endearment where I’m from”😁

argee

Yeah, it’s not light on the swearing, to be fair you don’t really notice it compared to the bloodiness of some of the scenes!

The cast is just getting better as well, even having some pretty serious cameo level stuff as well, which just adds to the wind up this series does.

You can tell the writers are enjoying a bit of freedom as well, there doesn’t appear to be any barriers!

Caher

Good call excellent series. Odd this and Stranger Things get dropped in the summer when I like being outside.

nuke

Very much looking forward to this after we’ve finished Stranger Things (which so far is definitely an improvement on the last season)

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Brilliant stuff, keeps getting better

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

The show is on form. Great stuff. And very funny. No hanging about with setting up some sizeable plot points neither, they’re keeping it moving.

One of the best shows of the last few years.

bigdean

I really struggled with this show.
    It seems to be ages waiting for something to happen.
    I’ve tried series two twice now and just get fed up with it stalling doing anything. Its not as if it’s building just stalling.
    I had the same with the punisher series two.
    Does series two pick up at some point?

ruggerbugger13

Binged them & loved them, says a lot about mental state!!!! Great show👍🏻, my wife & kids were all talking about Stranger Things. Will get round to it, Ozark aswell.

mogrim

Seen the first two episodes, great stuff and very funny. 3rd episode later tonight.

MartynS

we watched the first two last night as well.. just brilliantly bonkers.

lovewookie

Just finished the third.
    Wasn’t sure what to expect, but it’s great. Butchers accent has changed a little and it’s off-putting, but that’s rectified by the exploding of people.

ta11pau1

And the octopus. Oh god…

#riptimothy

thols2

Butchers accent has changed a little

It seems to change from scene to scene, does a trip round the world every episode.

Has anyone else noticed that the scriptwriters seem to revel in quite excessive violence and gore? Whoever dreamed up that exploding man thing has a very sick, twisted imagination.

montgomery
    Free Member

Butchers accent has changed a little

It seems to change from scene to scene, does a trip round the world every episode.

I think Karl Urban had the same accent tutor as Russell Crowe did for his Robin Hood film. I wonder if Yanks chuckle over all the Brits in Walking Dead doing US accents? The Boys is brilliant, though, best thing on TV at the moment.

desperatebicycle

Ep 1 last night. Top notch. Just the right amount of filth 😀

mrmoofo

The lead (Butcher) has gone from sounding like a Aussie, to sounding like the Dick van Dyke in Mary Poppins.
    As the series 3 – it’s all over the place with a body count in John Wick territory. Wife loved series 1 & 2 – but now will not be watching any more of 3 …

montgomery
    Free Member

with a body count in John Wick territory

You say that like it’s a bad thing?

zilog6128

Awesome, really looking forward to this, series 1+2 were probably the best things I’ve seen so far made by Amazon/Netflix/etc

(also really enjoyed Peacemaker which is vaguely in the same ballpark although not as good obviously!)

lovewookie

The lead (Butcher) has gone from sounding like a Aussie, to sounding like the Dick van Dyke in Mary Poppins.

there were some internet rumblings that Karl Urban was deliberately putting on a really rubbish bri’ish accent, with far more kiwi in it than it needed, to make his character a bit more odd. This season though, he’s gone way more cockney.

Whoever dreamed up that exploding man thing has a very sick, twisted imagination.

wonderful isn’t it.

and yes. #RIPtimothy

(also really enjoyed Peacemaker which is vaguely in the same ballpark although not as good obviously!)

I started to watch peacemaker, similar sort of thing, but lighter. the main character though, I’ve not seen him before….

argee

And the octopus. Oh god…

#riptimothy

Yeah, and the deep’s sex scene before that with the octopus watching 😂

As stated earlier, you can see the show runners and writers just have a bit of freedom, it is the perfect tonic to the way superhero stuff has gone recently.

I even think the overly gruesome stuff is there to kind of take the piss a little about the superhero movies, and other movies that chase the PG rating.

zilog6128

the main character though, I’ve not seen him before….

shades of Judge Dredd lol?! Although according to wiki Peacemaker predates him by over 10 years!

lovewookie

shades of Judge Dredd lol?! Although according to wiki Peacemaker predates him by over 10 years!

not what I was thinking, but see how you got there. 🙂

Stainypants

Was planning just watch episode 1 last night after watching the first episodes of season 4 stranger things but ended up watching all 3. The pace of the show is phenomenal so much happened in the first episode at one point I had to ask if it was still episode 1. By contrast Stranger Things pacing was glacial

BruceWee

With great power
    comes the absolute certainty
    that you’ll turn into a right ****.

Modern poetry.

argee

This weeks was pretty dark, the humour wasn’t around and it felt like this could be a turning point in the season, it’s mad how many things are going on, but it’s good stuff so far!

thols2

I’m quite amused by the writers worrying about what Barack Obama might think when they are planning scenes.

Yes, Homelander on ‘The Boys’ Is Supposed to Be Donald Trump

FuzzyWuzzy

Really enjoying s3 so far, can’t wait for Homelander’s fragile self-control to break down!

montgomery
    Free Member

Episode Six dials it up again!

chakaping
    Free Member

They’ve really maintained, or even increased, the quality with this series.

jekkyl

Watched ep1 this morning with my poached eggs on toast, lol.
    when that guy shrinks right down and goes inside …… and then sneezes, I was like what!!! they can’t do that, who thought that up?! brilliant stuff.

argee

Episode Six dials it up again!

Yeah, when you see a warning at the start of an episode for the first time you know it’s going to get messy!

thols2

Wow, that was quite the party.

piemonster

I was amused ‘that’ character answered the door

ta11pau1

It really is no holds barred this season, isn’t it… 😲😁

Or, no holes barred, more accurately.

montgomery
    Free Member

Great finale. It’s got to be uncomfortable to watch if you’re one of the Trump/QAnon/MAGA brigade. Very interested to see how it goes next season.

piemonster

Yeh, that was a good episode.

Enough deviation from the Comics to keep you guessing.

Is there a “who kills Homelander the sociopath” sweepstake?

martinhutch

It’s got to be uncomfortable to watch if you’re one of the Trump/QAnon/MAGA brigade.

They still can’t understand why Stormfront got killed off.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.