Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 245 total)
  • The Book of Boba Fett
  • dyna-ti

Ep 3 and i think they’re too short. The 2nd was a decent length and if they were 1 hour and not a half it would be more interesting in that it would hold the attention better.

scruff
    Free Member

Quadrophenia, oh dear. The wookie made me jump though.

winston
    Free Member

Overall I’m not loving it. The flashback storyline works quite well but the present day stuff is woefully under written. Shand just looks bored all the time and Fett isn’t convincing. Constant references to the originals doesn’t make up for lack of plot. I agree the episodes are too short to really get into it – that’s probably why E2 was my favourite so far but it’s a low bar. Shame as was really looking forward to this as loved Mandalorian

BenjiM

First two episodes I thought were OK, but the third, oh dear me. The chase scene was horrendous, Danny Trejo was always going to make an appearance with it being directed by Rodrigues. It feels more like “what easter eggs can we squeeze in” than “how can we create a compelling story”. I hope there’s an improvement otherwise it could be a wasted opportunity. The Quadrophenia nod just looked so out of place and just feels like a way of selling more toys (which of course has been a big thing for Star Wars since the 80’s!)

dove1

Possibly the worst ‘car’ chase ever filmed. It was awful.

matt_outandabout

I agree, awful chase with odd physics going on…

fossy

The chase was bad, and it was like the SFX department couldn’t be bothered. I’ll have to watch the episode again as I just didn’t ‘get’ the ‘scooterists’ ! Ep2 best so far.

verses

I mostly enjoyed last night’s, but I agree that the effects on that chase were terrible and the “Mod” Espa gang seem a bit out of place.

Overall though it’s feeling to me like it belongs in the Rebels cartoon series rather than a main live action series.

martinhutch

Was expecting a bit more from a series about a planet-hopping bounty hunter, tbh. There are some nice bits of fan service in the back story and palace scenes, but wasn’t expecting him to just be bopping around a sandy town waiting to see the mayor. There appears to be no story whatsoever.

The Mod Vespa gang might be the kiss of death as far as my involvement goes.

Obligatory Danny Trejo/Robert Rodriguez link up appreciated, though.

Loved the Lawrence of Arabia references in the last episode!

I did enjoy those.

verses

but wasn’t expecting him to just be bopping around a sandy town waiting to see the mayor

Where the prequels were basically Brexit in space, is this becoming the Handforth Parish Council in space?

martinhutch

Indeed. You have no authority here, Boba Fett!

BoardinBob

I was today years old when I learned Ming Na is 58 YEARS OLD!!!

She looks about 30

akira

Yeah the chase was bad, also why was it sooooo slow. Future Vespas should be faster than mobility scooters.

Drac

Future Vespas should be faster than mobility scooters.

Because they’re not future Vespas.

mrwhyte
    Free Member

Just watched all 3 with the OH.
    Glad to hear everyone else thought the future Vespas were bad. Very out of place with the whole star wars feel. far too colourful compared to everything else.
    I do quite like the flashbacks though.
    Much preferred the Mandalorian to this series.

stumpyjon

Yep scooters were out of place and naff, story needs to ramp up a bit now.

wooksterbo

Did I spot a huge number of mirrors on one of the vespa speeders exactly like someone would mod a real Vespa?

I liked parts of episode 3 but it does feel like it’s meandering along with not much direction. That chase sequence was really bad, odd that someone known for his action directing did such a poor job.

ChrisL

Episode 3 crystallised some thoughts I’d been having about Boba Fett.

Boba Fett became such an iconic character in the ’80s partly because of the cool armour but also because he was a sinister enigma. He barely said anything, the armour made him mysterious, Darth Vader treated him almost like an equal and he was obviously a threat to the heroes.

The sinister figure from the Empire Strikes Back doesn’t seem to be the same Boba Fett that is now hiring mods on brightly coloured scooters, taking his helmet off at every opportunity, needing rescued in fights and often looking a bit bemused or caught out by events.

I am going to stick with the show but it is taking me some time to adjust to this new version of Boba Fett and that interferes with my experience of the show.

stumpyjon

He does have quite an angry face though when bashing opponents with a stick, I do think he needs to start the disintegrations regardless of what Darth Vader said.

Drac

Ooooh! This weeks is cracking.

anagallis_arvensis

Yep, I enjoyed that, it’s not great but it’s good fun!

scruff
    Free Member

Begbie Wookie. Much better than last week.

thepodge
    Free Member

Same as others really, terrible chase, vague story, little connection to the original Bobba iconic feel.

Best thing about the whole series is the concept art over the closing credits.

robola

That chase scene really was rubbish. They were going so slowly. I wonder if this something to do with the new VFX tech they are using – filming in front of giant screens instead of green screen with CGI added later.

Overall, I’m enjoying it though. Certainly better than the disappointing finale to The Expanse.

Drac

Begbie Wookie.

Stealing that. 😂

ratherbeintobago

Bit of a tangent this week…

dyna-ti

Just watched and it was pretty good.

Fast ship, smokin’ the cops and a meat plant fight.

househusband

Only 2mins in and Ep.5 looks promising..! Was starting to lose interest,

BenjiM

It says something when using Mando is a massive improvement!

Drac

Holy crap that was awesome. The slow build up is actually working Ok now we’re in to it. Quite liking it a storyline throughout rather than just one episode, the same as Mando.

Had to laugh at the cockerel and wondering if Favreau is a Firefox fan.

Mikkel
    Free Member

My favourite bit was the I used to date a Jawa comment.
    And how they “fixed” the issue with the dark saber have to be won in combat when it was handed over without issue in Rebels.

hot_fiat

Really liked tonight’s episode. That ship is very cool.

ta11pau1

**** yes.

Mando, a new sexy ship, episode 1 pod racing area… YES!

Love the V8 style pancake filter on the ship.

Quite furry. Very furry. Lotta issues… 😁

Tightens the old evacuation port, indeed!

It does sort of prove the boba fett story line doesn’t quite have it yet, though.

Also, was that Dave Batista as the big Mandalorian guy?

anagallis_arvensis

A middling episode of Mando in the middle of a very average BOBF series…still I am loving it all tbh. It’s just masses and masses of fan service.
    Can’t wait to see Grogu in his amour!

BoardinBob

Also, was that Dave Batista as the big Mandalorian guy

No, it was Tait Fletcher, former UFC heavyweight turned actor

stevedoc
    Free Member

Ep 5 .. Awesome …

I would go as far as to say “it wizard ” Anni …

So many little easter eggs

lister

I liked the orbital. Shame it was so small.

monkeyboyjc

Yeah – a good episode loved the ring space station, good ol’  bit of Larry niven….

winston
    Free Member

Goodish  episode….but too too many Easter eggs.

Beggars canyon, wamp rats blah blah..yes we get it…it’s Tatooine now give me a plot that has some substance

Love the mechanic woman and that whole sequence of building the ship, ace mini droids but it’s only a distraction…still no proper coherent interesting new stuff and that Mando woman is doing my swede – please get rid.

What is genuinely amazing is how good Pedro Pascal is even under all that armour – loads of charisma just in his body language.

chakaping
    Free Member

What is genuinely amazing is how good Pedro Pascal is even under all that armour – loads of charisma just in his body language.

Absolutely, he’s got a bit of a Clint Eastwood vibe IMO.

But the Boba actor is pretty good too. I just think this new series feels like it’s had less time and budget than they gave The Mandalorian.

While it’s a slight disappointment and the pacing is a bit off, I still think it’s more coherent and enjoyable than the sequel trilogy.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 245 total)

The topic ‘The Book of Boba Fett’ is closed to new replies.