Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 245 total)
  • The Book of Boba Fett
  • oikeith

Watched the first episode yesterday, am I right in thinking this is based after the OG trilogy, but just before the Mandalorian? If so, I dont get the scene when they are crossing the dessert and see what I thought was Luke’s uncle being murdered, but didn’t that happen in New Hope?

thols2

Acting 😕

Was there any or did i just miss it ?.

Temuera Morrison has never exactly been a highly expressive actor.

peteimpreza

It’s set after the Mandolorian, and that was not Lukes uncle being murdered.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

It is set directly after the Mandalorian series, some time after Return of the Jedi. Empire is dead, many antagonists trying to fill the power void.
    However, when Boba is sleeping in the Bacta tank we see his memories or flashbacks to directly after the fall of Jabba. First him escaping the Sarlacc Pit then being captured by the Tusken Raiders.

If you have seen the Mandalorian you may remember him retrieving Boba’s armour from the Jawa’s, then Boba chasing him down to retreive his armour.

I don’t think that scene was the Skywalker family being killed. They weren’t stormtroopers. I think it was a random settlement being raided just to illustrate the lawlessness of the time after the empire has fallen.

darthpunk
    Free Member

I don’t think that scene was the Skywalker family being killed. They weren’t stormtroopers. I think it was a random settlement being raided just to illustrate the lawlessness of the time after the empire has fallen.

It may have just been a way to set up the swoop bike gang taking a beating to get the bikes to take the train

So far so good, I like all the Tusken Raider stuff and expanding the scope of Tattooine, more Hutts, deception here and there and all that good stuff. Interested to see when he gets Slave 1 back.

Also for the proper Star Wars bores, a real deep cut easter egg in episode 2

!> the two folks in the bar were characters from a deleted scene in A New Hope when Luke went to Tosche Station and met with his friends, the first time you see Biggs Darklighter. The two are Camie Marstrap and her boyfriend Laze ‘Fixer’ Loneozner. <!

johndoh
    Free Member

If so, I dont get the scene when they are crossing the dessert and see what I thought was Luke’s uncle being murdered, but didn’t that happen in New Hope?

Is what my wife said.

I don’t think that scene was the Skywalker family being killed. They weren’t stormtroopers.

Was my reply (along with stating that although it was a similar settlement, it wasn’t the same – being more square with a domed roof whereas the original was more like an igloo).

dirkpitt74

Have we worked out/any idea how long he was in the Sarlac pit for?
    Assuming his ‘skin condition’ is a result of the Sarlac digestive system……

solarider
    Free Member

Loving it so far but the effects are a bit ‘Original Trilogy Edit’ poor quality.

The 2 Hutts for example were very low res.

And the Gamorian Guards eyes are so deep set and human, it is just too obviously a man wearing a mask (and yes, I do know that they aren’t real!).

Otherwise, all good, but if you think back to Boba in the original trilogy, it is hard to imagine him being like this behind the mask.

Maybe just one to enjoy without thinking too deeply about it! It’s a cracking bit of popcorn TV set in the nostalgia-rich Star Wars universe and leave it at that.

ChrisL

I’m finding it engaging enough that I’m going to keep watching it. The two timelines stuff is fine but I didn’t particularly like the way it was handled in the second episode. The episode felt like it was one really short episode set in the “present” followed by a completely separate, longer “flashback” episode, rather than feeling like it was a single episode encompassing two timelines.

BruiseWillies
    Free Member

FWIW I’m enjoying The Mandalorian and Book of Boba WAAAAAYYY more than any of the newer (last 20 years worth) films. Loved the Lawrence of Arabia references in the last episode!

Sui
    Free Member

How come Boba never wears his helmet, i thought that the Mando’s didnt do that (i know they eventually did), i thought it was “this is the way”..?

MrPottatoHead

He’s not really mandalorian though. He was a clone raised on Camino by Jango wasn’t he so prob doesn’t give a shit about ‘the way’.

Mikkel
    Free Member

Its explained in Mandalorian its only a extreme cult that never take their helmet off and Mando do take if off eventually as well.

ta11pau1

He’s not really mandalorian though. He was a clone raised on Camino by Jango wasn’t he so prob doesn’t give a shit about ‘the way’.

Jango was a Mandalorian foundling before becoming a bounty hunter, same as Din Djarin (The Mandalorian), and Boba wears the armour to simulate his father/clone.

And as above Din Djarin was a member of one of the more ‘extreme’ tribes, most didn’t go by the same rules.

Drac

Watched the first episode yesterday, am I right in thinking this is based after the OG trilogy, but just before the Mandalorian?

The very last scene in the Mandalorian was Bobby sitting on Jaba’s throne.

ta11pau1

And a big clue is his armour which was nabbed by the the Jawas on Tatooine just after he escaped the Sarlac pit, and didn’t get back until he met Din Djarin.

anagallis_arvensis

I am enjoying that the main story is the flashback not the ne in “real” time.. quite liked it so far.

Sui
    Free Member

How the hell do you lot know all of this, are there actual books somewhere?

beer247
    Free Member

I’m hoping for a CGI Han Solo appearance! Surely Boba wants revenge for knocking him into the Sarlac pit?!

lister

I liked his stick.

vintagewino
    Free Member

@Sui there is an old paperback book, stories of the bounty hunters or something, that explains how Boba got out of the pit. That’s no longer canon, strictly speaking, but they have recycled the story. (The book also has stories on all of the other bounty hunters standing about in ESB, wish I still had a copy!)

Edit: Tales of the Bounty Hunters: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Tales_of_the_Bounty_Hunters

Oh and there’s a rumour that Harrison Ford has filmed 3 days in London recently for this show…

PrinceJohn
    Free Member

Oh and there’s a rumour that Harrison Ford has filmed 3 days in London recently for this show…

So I guess we can expect him in season finale mimicking the Mandolorian?

chakaping
    Free Member

Still enjoying it, but maybe a bit too much of the Tusken training / initiation scenes. Felt like it was treading water a bit.

It’s more fun playing spot-the-influence from other films than geeking out on the Star Wars stuff, IMO.

How long until he fights that badass wookie anyway?

Klunk
    Free Member

How long until he fights that badass wookie anyway?

maybe some wookie on wookie action ?

pk13

Did anyone see the actor in a water butt just before the hutts made an appearance. All that cgi cannot beat a good bit of dr who prop work.
    I’m enjoying it

chakaping
    Free Member

maybe some wookie on wookie action ?

If just filming recently, I expect that’ll be for the second series.

Klunk
    Free Member

looks bloody claustrophobic

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

That’s a bit tiresome I’m finding (finally).

Thought the Mandalorian got better as it went on.

Hoping this does too because the first two episodes were mind numbing. You could tell my two kids were thinking “wtf” after the end of the second episode…

Drac

How the hell do you lot know all of this, are there actual books somewhere?

Mando covered most of it and then BOB has covered other parts.

stumpyjon

The walking waterbutt was a bit naff.

Drac

The walking waterbutt was a bit naff.

It’s deliberate, a nod to Gonk droid.

anagallis_arvensis

I really like the fact that the Hutts and the Gammorean guards are true to the originals.

BillOddie

Sound the Black Krrsantan klaxon!

That is one badass Wookiee! Kicks Chewbaccas arse in the comics etc.

pk13

I’ve got 2 droids in my garden. From Wilkos not the empire.

Drac

Could you not find the ones you wanted?

Klunk
    Free Member

love the ****** trainer 😀

Drac

Oh yes when they appeared I shouted their name out.

BoardinBob

Cyber punk mods and Danny Trejo. What’s not to love

dazzydw
    Free Member

I thought ep3 was pretty bad. The chase scene was like came from the A-Team.
    And a cute Rankor? Really?
    Meh.

Drac

The rancor off return of the Jedi was loved by its owner, Paul Brooke, got quite upset with it dying.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 245 total)

The topic ‘The Book of Boba Fett’ is closed to new replies.