Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • The Bob Graham Round – Film
  • EddieFiola
    Free Member

Hi, i tend to make a film once a year. Generally an outdoor film skating/biking, whatever. This year its a Documentary about the Bob Graham and Epilepsy (and me)

Its 12 mins long so you’ll need a cup of tea. (it also has lots of fell running legends in)

DrJ

Great – my brother did that a couple of years ago so it’s interesting to get a proper perspective of it!

vondally
    Free Member

Brilliant.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Cheers enjoyed that, well done!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’ll watch that with morning coffee, cheers fella.

dashed
    Free Member

Nice – really enjoyed it! Thanks 🙂

If I had one minor criticism (and it’s totally minor!) the pub / interview footage wasn’t the same quality as the fell stuff – light balance was wrong and very yellow but probably only noticeable as the quality of the running footage was so good!

I’ll get back in my box now!

fabs

Wow. Good effort, looks brutal!

P20

Saved for later 👍🏻

TomB

Cracking film, well done! -after 2 failed attempts I’ve got unfinished business with the Bob. Maybe next time my stars will align…..

muddylegs
    Free Member

Cheers for sharing. Not a runner myself but I love this sort of filming. Nice one

alanf
    Free Member

Fabulous work, both the film and the BG – Fantastic

EddieFiola
    Free Member

Nice – really enjoyed it! Thanks 🙂

If I had one minor criticism (and it’s totally minor!) the pub / interview footage wasn’t the same quality as the fell stuff – light balance was wrong and very yellow but probably only noticeable as the quality of the running footage was so good!

Dashed – I know, I messed up camera 1 and that was all the footage I had, I couldn’t light it or colour grade it. No one else has mentioned my obvious GAFF!

rascal
    Free Member

Really enjoyed that – great film and superb effort on the Bob itself. The ‘gaff’ isn’t that obvious at all as the film is so engaging. Like.

whitestone
    Free Member

Nice one Ian. And no, you needn’t have worried about the ethos 😉

dickydutch

That was brilliant. Doubt I’ll watch anything better this week!
    The BG is secretly on my to do list and all the talk of “just needing long days on the hills” as training gives me a bit more confidence.
    Thanks for sharing.

dthom3uk

That was ace. Well done.

bikebouy
    Free Member

👍👍

robw1
    Free Member

Epic. Well done….amazing achievement, and a really inspiring film. I think I want to give it a go!!

I lost my driving licence for medical reasons a couple of years back (since had it reinstated)….that in itself can be a kick in the teeth when dealing with a long term condition.

inspired.

postierich
    Free Member

Nice one Ian respect to anyone attempting that!

Rich

Wookster

Well you were under pressure I had a toasted tea cake, a fresh mug of Coffee and high hopes!!!!

It was just brilliant!!! Loved it!!!! Lots of friends who fell run so I’m in awe of you crazy people!!

MrSparkle

Well done Ian. I think you mentioned having a go at BG when I saw you at a Kendal Winter League race last year. Good going fella!

bikebob

Personally more of a 10k runner, but fabulous and inspiring film. Well done for giving it a go and more so for completing it. I genuinely admire you and all that can achieve such a feat. Great effort and respect.

djglover
    Free Member

I enjoyed that thanks! I did my round last year off 5 months running, so a fast conversion is doable, key thing is plenty of downhill running.

oldtennisshoes

Excellent – would like to see that on the big screen – any chance of getting it played at Kendal or on the Banff circuit?

taxi25
    Free Member

Its a 👍👍 from me.

slowoldman

That’s brilliant. I did a bit of fell running back in my climbing days just as training. Never raced but thought it was a brilliant way to be out on the fells. Out in the morning and back down for a pint at lunchtime. Lacked the application to really get serious about it though. I have enormous admiration for those who take on challenges like the BGR, with or without epilepsy!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Awesome film Ian, loved that. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Spud

Brilliant that, thanks for sharing!!

LittleNose
    Free Member

I’ve no interest in running, but that was a brilliant and entertaining bit of film.
    Thanks for sharing !

spandex_bob

Truly excellent film, would echo the comments re: getting it into KMFF and/or Banff. Perfect combination of stunning visuals + audio, and inspirational to boot, great desk-job-lunchbreak material, especially on a Friday with the weekend looming to go run/ride that little bit harder/further/higher.

nickc

Really enjoyed that, tremendous effort.

Lionheart
    Free Member

Excellent, great effort and really enjoyed the film. Cracking job Grommet!

bigsurfer
    Free Member

Brilliant film, great content and excellent images.

mt
    Free Member

Now that was excellent. Well done!

j4mesj4mes
    Free Member

Bit late to the party, but really enjoyed that film

bob_summers

How did I not see this? Excellent, sent it on to a few non-runners.
    Wouldn’t mind a crack at it…

j4mesj4mes
    Free Member

Have you heard the ‘Bob Graham Sounds’ podcast @bob_summers? first ep was very amusing

surfer
    Free Member

I think its a bit cruel teasing us during lockdown…. 🙂

Getting a cuppa now ….

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘The Bob Graham Round – Film’ is closed to new replies.