The Black Mountains – route help

Home Forum Bike Forum The Black Mountains – route help

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The Black Mountains – route help
  • snaps

You’re welcome to join us for this Black mountain bash

DeeJay

That looks excellent – will just have to work out how to get to the start point . . .

Thanks

smiffy

You don’t want to ride in the black Mountains. They’re horrible. it’s all rubbish.

DeeJay

I am going to be staying at Felindre near Hay-on-Wye over Easter weekend and MrsJay says I can take a bike 😀 – AND she says I can play out all day on the Saturday. I’ve bought the maps – can anyone suggest a route? I will need to start from the village as I dare not suggest I have the car as well.
    Better still anyone fancy a spot of guiding?

DeeJay

You don’t want to ride in the black Mountains. They’re horrible. it’s all rubbish.

Too late – I’ve seen pictures

DeeJay

Snaps – YGM

smiffy

Too late – I’ve seen pictures

Doh! secret’s out! 😉

richc

Anyone got a link/description on how to get to the start of the Myndd Du DH track in that area?

sofatester

“I dare not suggest I have the car as well”

Glad to be married?

richc

is it very dry up there at the moment? as I know the peat at the top is a very fragile environment, so bikes can actually knacker it up for decades if its gopping up there.

DeeJay

“I dare not suggest I have the car as well”

Glad to be married?

Yup – for 30 years on the 11th! 🙄

cymohndee

Myndd Du DH woo… Its a bike eater in places: loads of ugly loose rocks from what I remember, I wouldn’t ride it without a recce. My son did a Dragon practice day there once. The one guy who turned up on a hardtail did one run and went home shaking his head!

richc

any pointers on how to get to the trailhead? or where it finishes? as I don’t mind pushing up it

cymohndee

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&hl=en&geocode=&saddr=&daddr=&ie=UTF8&ll=51.949238,-3.088585&spn=0.003518,0.010246&t=h&z=17

Park up here, push over the stream bridge(West)and theres a stand of trees just ahead. Thats the bottom of the track. I’m not sure what permissions you need. Please don’t ride alone or irresponsibly.

richc

cool, thanks I will mark it on my map.

I won’t ride it alone or like a loon.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘The Black Mountains – route help’ is closed to new replies.