Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The Black Mountains – route help
  • DeeJay
    Free Member

I am going to be staying at Felindre near Hay-on-Wye over Easter weekend and MrsJay says I can take a bike 😀 – AND she says I can play out all day on the Saturday. I’ve bought the maps – can anyone suggest a route? I will need to start from the village as I dare not suggest I have the car as well.
    Better still anyone fancy a spot of guiding?

snaps
    Free Member

You’re welcome to join us for this Black mountain bash

DeeJay
    Free Member

That looks excellent – will just have to work out how to get to the start point . . .

Thanks

smiffy

You don’t want to ride in the black Mountains. They’re horrible. it’s all rubbish.

DeeJay
    Free Member

You don’t want to ride in the black Mountains. They’re horrible. it’s all rubbish.

Too late – I’ve seen pictures

DeeJay
    Free Member

Snaps – YGM

smiffy

Too late – I’ve seen pictures

Doh! secret’s out! 😉

richc
    Free Member

Anyone got a link/description on how to get to the start of the Myndd Du DH track in that area?

sofatester
    Free Member

“I dare not suggest I have the car as well”

Glad to be married?

richc
    Free Member

is it very dry up there at the moment? as I know the peat at the top is a very fragile environment, so bikes can actually knacker it up for decades if its gopping up there.

DeeJay
    Free Member

“I dare not suggest I have the car as well”

Glad to be married?

Yup – for 30 years on the 11th! 🙄

cymohndee
    Free Member

Myndd Du DH woo… Its a bike eater in places: loads of ugly loose rocks from what I remember, I wouldn’t ride it without a recce. My son did a Dragon practice day there once. The one guy who turned up on a hardtail did one run and went home shaking his head!

richc
    Free Member

any pointers on how to get to the trailhead? or where it finishes? as I don’t mind pushing up it

cymohndee
    Free Member

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&hl=en&geocode=&saddr=&daddr=&ie=UTF8&ll=51.949238,-3.088585&spn=0.003518,0.010246&t=h&z=17

Park up here, push over the stream bridge(West)and theres a stand of trees just ahead. Thats the bottom of the track. I’m not sure what permissions you need. Please don’t ride alone or irresponsibly.

richc
    Free Member

cool, thanks I will mark it on my map.

I won’t ride it alone or like a loon.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘The Black Mountains – route help’ is closed to new replies.