Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • The biking industry has angered the loyal and serious mtb enthusiasts
  • matt_outandabout

tomaso
    Free Member

I am so unconcerned and lack any form of outrage on the whole bike industry wheelsize non-issue. I much prefer using my energy for riding my bike :mrgreen:

johnnydrz
    Free Member

“I don’t think the higher end MTB market will support three wheel standards for long

Oh really? Every manufacturer is going the same way 29ers for Hardtail and XC 605b for intermediate full suss so that everything from 120-160mm travel, and 26″ for full on gravity bikes.

26″ wheels aren’t going to disappear, they’ll just get their own niche. And meanwhile back in the UK well still be riding LTHT’s and the rest if the world ( bar the Canadians who also “get it”) will look on like an indulgent parent and when they think we’re not looking, will do that twirling the finger around the side of your head sign….”

Thanks for the “Canadians” comment !!! My wife and I still ride 26″ bikes, all five of them !!!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bland

Can we all just agree that the mountain bike reached the optimum with square taper BBs, 1.25″ headsets, 8-speed cassettes (though I’m sure some will point out that was at least one too many), 26″ wheels and hydraulic discs? Everything since then has been marketing led rather than to actually make our riding better. Suspension also peaked in about 2005, with no real significant improvements since – about the only new technology since then which has made any difference to the way people ride is dropper posts (I’ll give you that one even though I don’t use one myself).

All very true and that’s why we are where we are at today! Bike sales were grinding to a halt so a new wheel size meant new bike sales, simple. Only 29ers are boring and who would want a 29er dh bike? Cue no growth of sales for companies like norco who sell in the AM market. The halfway house size offers some fun while still delivering fresh bike sales!

So long as people buy them they will keep selling them, so simple, just buy an old prophet from early 2000’s which is near identical to a 2013 orange 5 and have done!

You choose, speed boat or canal boat! I know what I’d go for!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

surely they knew years ago that bigger wheels would roll better

The 26″ “standard” is historical. Mountain bikes have come a long way from their origins descending SoCal fire roads.

Penny Farthing

Really? 🙄

……but no, no no, the industry is getting too god damn greedy

Persuading people to spend their disposable income is called the “business”. Where does your income come from, the tooth fairy?

big clumsy wheels have no place in my world of mountain biking

You’ve not actually ridden a modern mountain bike have you? Put a sock in it.

Drac

I think they’re great for taking the piss out of riders under 6 foot.

There are different sized wheels available for mountain bikes ?

Why did no one tell me ?

Maybe I’m not loyal and serious enough.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘The biking industry has angered the loyal and serious mtb enthusiasts’ is closed to new replies.