Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • The bike/frame/part you would most like to see launched in 2017 is…
  • orangeboy
    Free Member

Sram etape xx1.
    And maybe an xd fitting road cassette in 10-28 or 10-30 for 1x builds.

takisawa2

A raw, stainless tubed version of my 1st gen SIR.9, with the rear re-jigged to run fat or 29+. The bb would have adapter shells to increase its width. It also features a Maxle rear end & bolt-on cable guides (stainless, obviously),
    It would be called the SSIR.9++

Nipper99
    Free Member

Re-launch of the Shimano XTR UN91 bb.

orangeboy
    Free Member

^^ Id not thought about un91 or even xt level taper bb with a nice hollow axle. At work we still fit loads of taper bb and the modern ones are all rubbish compared to un72 and un91.
    And yes I know Phil and Royce still make nice ones but not at a price that suits many

orangeboy
    Free Member

Oh and I want stans to not discontinue the alpha 340 road rim
    Alloy light and good value

Nipper99
    Free Member
    big_scot_nanny

I’d love to see small, light, highly-functional, easy shifting BB based gearboxes (a la pinion), at a price that everyone can afford and we finally get rid of external mechs/cogs.

I am getting really hacked off with external gears and mud/leaf related issues.

nosedive
    Free Member

550gram dropper post with an rrp less than £100

Goldigger
    Free Member

An orange orange 5..

Imagine how many people could relate it to one of these

benpinnick
    jonnyboi

Affordable drop bar hydro brakes sets

michaelbowden

benpinnick – Member

@fooman – I’m testing these this season to see how they do:

http://www.skf.com/uk/products/bearings-units-housings/engineered-products/bearings-with-solid-oil/index.html

Posted 40 minutes ago # Report-Post

They look very interesting! Make sure you give us some feedback on them. Where they easy to source?

tuboflard

29+ winter or mud tyres that don’t weigh over a kg each or have sidewalls made of tissue paper

Metasequoia

I’d like to see more brands using shorter seat tubes, now that we have nice long droppers – to give us stumpy-legged folk a greater choice of frames.

I’d like the reverse please so us long legged people can use droppers without having lots of exposed post….and while we are at it longer head tubes…

Far too many frames with short seat tubes these days 🙂

ahwiles
    Free Member

As above, anything less than a 500mm seat tube is more or less useless as far as I’m concerned, and I’m only 6’2″.

nach
    Free Member

26+

I’m not joking.

benpinnick

nach I think you’re easy to please: http://www.wtb.com/products/rangerplus

Northwind

chakaping – Member

I’d like to see more brands using shorter seat tubes, now that we have nice long droppers – to give us stumpy-legged folk a greater choice of frames.

The last few years Seatmast Mania was always ridiculous, now it’s obviously ridiculous… But I ride a size large bike despite having size medium legs and there’s still generous room for a 170mm Reverb.

So on that subject, I want more, longer seatposts. KS have a 175mm on the way which also looks to be pretty light, in theory 9Point8 have a 200mm but in practice it seems like the entire production line is committed to keeping the 20 people who’ve bought one in warranty replacements, the Moveloc’s out of production…

Metasequoia – Member

I’d like the reverse please so us long legged people can use droppers without having lots of exposed post….

Why?

nach
    Free Member

benpinnick – Member
    nach I think you’re easy to please: http://www.wtb.com/products/rangerplus

I’ll be wanting something beefier than a Ranger, but it looks like Maxxis will have me covered by April 😀

Northwind – Member
    in theory 9Point8 have a 200mm but in practice it seems like the entire production line is committed to keeping the 20 people who’ve bought one in warranty replacements

Oh dear. Hadn’t heard about this, and it seemed so promising.

tang
    Free Member

Shimano 1×11 cx/groad group set with a clutch mech and de gubbined left shifter.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’d like the reverse please so us long legged people can use droppers without having lots of exposed post….and while we are at it longer head tubes…

Far too many frames with short seat tubes these days

Shall we just swap bikes?

OCB
    Free Member

135mm hub dynamo that is wide enough at the flanges to make the most of the width, (and not have to build a ‘skinny’ 135mm front wheel).

metalheart
    Free Member

Shall we just swap bikes?

You want the medium with 440mm seat tube or the large at 482mm? 😀

garage-dweller

I would like a 28.25″ wheel size as the best balance between the faster handling playfulness of 650b and the better rolling qualities of a full 29r.

It will make the trails come even more alive. 😉

If any of the major bike manufacturers marketing departments are reading this…IT IS A DELIBERATE AND MEDIOCRE ATTEMPT AT HUMOUR NOT NEXT YEAR’S BIG THING.

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘The bike/frame/part you would most like to see launched in 2017 is…’ is closed to new replies.