Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • THE Bike you most regret selling?
  • withersea
    Free Member

my schwinn 4 banger from 12 years back, great in its time and my first full suss and disk brakes, no doubt shocking now, but boy I love my first rip around the red bull At old world CyB. ooh when I was young(ish)

zeus
    Free Member

Dirt brown Kona Chute with legendary Marzocchi Z1 Wedge fork. Sold it to a mate so that I could still have “visitation rights” ….. it got stolen a couple of months later 🙁

Coyote
    Free Member

Hora’s been strangely quiet on this thread… 8)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jambon
    Free Member

Well, frame anyway.

binners

Hora’s been strangely quiet on this thread…

Well all the frames people have mentioned, he probably sold them

The Chameleon frame I pictured above I bought off him. He’s a public service, innit? 😀

mrmoofo

Buell cyclone M2 – that was turned into S1 spec.
    And with way better suspension ( and rubbishy hard race forks)

Kevevs
    Free Member

GT pro performer, yellow with skyway Tuff 2 wheels. Sold it to buy a commodore Amiga A500….. how wrong is that!

Beagleboy

My Orange O2 hardtail. I sold it to a new member of the bike club, not having met him, but wanting to encourage him into the ‘club family’, I sold him the frame for a bargain price. He then had it stripped, painted black and turned it into a commuter. The epic adventures I had on that bike, the blood I spilt riding it, only for it to end it’s days as a commuter.I’ve never sold a bike since. When they’re retired they go up on the wall of my garage. Haven’t heard from the guy either,(I seem to recall he was banned from here for sectarian comments), and I can’t say I miss him. 🙁

rotten
    Free Member

Just put my Orange Strange five on eBay, don’t know if I’m doing the right thing.

pinetree
    Free Member

Honestly, this one:

I built it up on a whim cos I fancied a cruiser, but I picked the wrong size frame on ebay- it was too small for me, and too big for my missus. Absolutely gutted…

scottyroyal
    Free Member

My Singular Swift , silly mistake. 🙁

My first 29er, loved riding it, looked awesome. Contemplating buying another 🙂

Rickos
    Free Member

This Kona Howler –

Trail Centre Razzer by Rick T., on Flickr

Sold it a couple of years ago and have missed it ever since, so recently bought another. This one, in fact –

IMAG0524 by Rick T., on Flickr

Sheffield
    Free Member

Reading this thread has definitely helped me NOT become a member of the ‘Regret Club’. I WAS pondering the idea of selling 3 bikes I have stashed in the loft:
    Pace RC200 F7 (Red anodised, with lots of matching Hope and Middleburn parts
    Bontrager Race-Lite (XT, Ti bars and stem)
    Diamond Back Axis TT (Ti frame with all period XT from 92?).

I sort of regret flogging my Scott Spark, but I needed the cash at the time. Now replaced with a Giant Anthem, which is wonderful, for now….

Phil

bigbadbob
    Free Member

My Raleigh Chopper back in 1978, sold to for £10. It was passed down to me from my brother. So wish I still had it now.

MrBlond
    Free Member

’92 Cindercone

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

F900SL with Magura rim brakes. Was too disabled/unfit to enjoy it at the time, also had an F600 and needed cash so parted ways, but it fitted perfectly and rode on rails, everything just worked nice, weighed not a lot either.

moniex
    Free Member

My bright pink cove hustler…

satchm00
    Free Member

No regrets it gets ridden to death or becomes a man shed door stop or wall display!

weeksy

SPecialized HArdrock sport disk. Ddin’t pay much for it, did some work on it, sold it for silly low money… Should have kept it as a winter bike.

Drillski
    Free Member

Not actually sold it yet, but my 1994 Yamaha TYZ which is not being used. Will break my heart to see it go. I know it’s not an mtb but it’s one of my little family of off road two wheelers, and it will be sadly missed, but it’s almost a crime to keep it unused, sob. On the plus side, I feel the ” one out…. One in ” rule may apply too!

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘THE Bike you most regret selling?’ is closed to new replies.