THE BIKE SHOW, is coming back on ITV4 soon.

Home Forum Bike Forum THE BIKE SHOW, is coming back on ITV4 soon.

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • THE BIKE SHOW, is coming back on ITV4 soon.
  • Premier Icon cakefacesmallblock
    Subscriber

I found the show a little “twee”for my liking. Any attempt at in depth stuff seemed a little lost by constant reference to what’s coming up and the bloody short segments, with ads as long as the programme.
    Hey-ho though, at least an attempt at something cycling-wise on TV, which is to be applauded.
    Not all of us live in the conurbations and cities though, there’s a world outside.
    Lattes and poncy specs aren’t for everyone. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Technique, nutrition, maybe even a little tech stuff. Some rides, how to get the best from your old 26er maybe ?
    It’s not the cyclist generally who needs a lesson in how to be safe on the road either and I’m about bored of the “war” now.
    How stuff is made possibly and yes, things like the Guy Martin goes to Orange or Hope perhaps.
    BMX for grown ups who missed it years ago…..

TiRed

We’ve had the “Changing places” lorry at work today so cyclists can see the view from the cab and note the blind spots. VERY informative – the blind side extends a full metre further out than I had previously thought. This would make a good feature even for experienced cyclists, and is pertinent given recent deaths.

You could even let cyclists drive the lorry and see how lorry drivers ride ๐Ÿ˜ˆ (closed track obviously)

Premier Icon one_bad_mofo
    Subscriber

Well here’s the official word on what it’s all about – http://www.scribd.com/doc/146313466/The-Cycle-Show-2013

Premier Icon cookeaa
    Subscriber

As well as our London studio base, The Cycle Show will take to the road this year with a number of visits to Ireland,

I read that as:

“We’ll be poncing about in a Cafe again and having the odd jolly to go and see our advertising sponsor…. “

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Back on tonight at 8pm. (called The CYCLE Show, btw)

Might be worth a watch… might not! ๐Ÿ™‚

MrSmith

I think it should be more London centric and especially centred around Old st, Shoreditch, brick lane and the odd jaunt into the Surrey hills famous downhill ‘Barry’s out West’.
    Now the BBC has gone low-rent and moved to the badlands it’s time to remind everyone that London is where the TV talent is.

hora

As a cyclist I found the first 2-3 episodes embarrassing to watch so gave up

Pretty much summed it up for me. Terrible, cringed.

The only redeeming feature was Anna who came across as passionate.

The pieces, the production- everything was amateurish but not endearing amateurish. Terrible dis-jointed flow too.

Anna’s brothers on STW- Leggyblonde.

Tonight at 8? I’ll give it 10mins then come on here and moan for 2 days ๐Ÿ˜†

MrSmith

As a cyclist I found the first 2-3 episodes embarrassing to watch so gave up

You stuck it out for 3 hours of viewing before reaching your conclusion? Top marks for perseverance. ๐Ÿ™„

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

AFAIK the Adventure Show still only gets aired in Scotland? Their strathpuffer and world cup features are always excellent, they could edit those down a little for length but otherwise use them as-is.

jamiea

AFAIK the Adventure Show still only gets aired in Scotland? Their strathpuffer and world cup features are always excellent, they could edit those down a little for length but otherwise use them as-is.

I’m sure the Beeb will love ITV nicking their productions ๐Ÿ˜‰

Cheers,
    Jamie

atlaz

I think the problem with the programme was that it didn’t really appeal to anyone. More hardcore cyclists felt it wasn’t in-depth enough (weak interviews with Eddy and Obree for example), casual watchers felt it was a bit too much detail.

It’s like going into Evans or Halfords really. Never quite enough of what you need if you’re experienced and are looking for something specific, a bit too much and too confusing if all you want is a bike.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

jamiea – Member

I’m sure the Beeb will love ITV nicking their productions

The BBC sell programs to foreign networks all the time ๐Ÿ˜‰

plumber

I’ve subscribed to global cycling network on youtube.

Theres a lot to like about their approach – very roadcentric but I’ve learned a lot considering I’ve followed cycling most of my life

Premier Icon buck53
    Subscriber

Hhhmmmm, hasn’t noticed before now that this is made by the same company that do the BBC Moto GP coverage.That increases my confidence as that has raised it’s game the past couple of seasons.

I was enjoying much of it by the end of last series, especially Rob Hayles’ stuff. Looking forward to this now.

bland

Still the same presenter, only difference so far is people in background have been replaced with cardboard cut outs

Ro5ey

C’mon the Essex boys

bland

They didnt listen did they, next, one mans view on a bike we care nothing about!

hora

Missed it!

Junkyard

it is on now Hora ITV 4

Premier Icon twistedpencil
    Subscriber

Wow last feature was weak – nice intentions but possibly the dullest VoiceOver ever, feel like a plate of chips and double order of pie is needed to counteract the worthy message.

hora

Missed again! (Phew?) ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘THE BIKE SHOW, is coming back on ITV4 soon.’ is closed to new replies.