Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • The best sub £300 Android phone (not Nokia 8)
  • mattyfez

LGg6 is also waterproof and a bit cheaper that’s why it’s in my sights rather than the Huawei mate 10 Pro.. And it also has a headphone jack which the mate 10 lacks .. The standard Huawei headphones are absolutely rubbish and the audio hardware on the phone is nothing to shout about either.

And I don’t want to buy a new set of wireless headphones due to the hassle of keeping them charged up and my existing headphones are great, from an old Samsung s3.

Slacks
    Free Member

I was heading towards replacing my Motorola X style with the new Moto G6 plus. I’ve been swayed by the Sony Xperia Xz1 compact which is on offer at CPW at the moment £269.  I wanted something a bit smaller.

muddy@rseguy

Another Moto G6 here, got mine off Amazon with the special edition 64Gb version for £230

No issues and it works fine for everything that I want it to do, fingerprint reader, compas, NFC and USB C turbo charger is really useful too.  Only downside is the lack of full waterproofing that my old MotoG3 had.

dirkpitt74

I’ve got the Motorola X4 – really happy with it so far.

onewheelgood

I’ve been swayed by the Sony Xperia Xz1 compact which is on offer at CPW at the moment £269.  I wanted something a bit smaller.

Got one of these yesterday to replace my ageing Z3 compact. It’s a very nice phone – I’ve never never been keen on huge phablets. For £259 (what I paid at CPW) it’s an absolute bargain. The new XZ2 Compact has a better screen, but proportionately worse battery life.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Thanks everyone, in the end I used the eBay 10% voucher, £37 worth of nectar and got the Honor 10 for £295, I’ve not had a play with it yet but will let you know what I think. Other phones that made the shortlist are the g6, g6 plus, honor 9, honor 10 view, mate 10 and one plus 6 but that was a grey import.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

After this thread, I decided to upgrade my Moto G5. Found it slow, camera wasn’t amazing and I’d cracked the screen.

Got a Google Pixel Grade C refurb from Laptops direct for £150.

It’s in excellent condition, I can’t see anything wrong with it. Other than not having the charger but that’s only a tenner.

It’s fast and the camera is excellent

nickfrog
    Free Member

former flagship models that are now “old”, e.g. Samsung s7 edge?

A bit late but that was the right answer. I am paying £15/month for one and it was “free”. I estimate my 4gb and unlimited calls/voice at £10/month so in effect the phone is £5 x 24 = £120 (minus eventual residual value). Oh and I got a free waterproof Bluetooth speaker.

Significantly faster/better than cheaper current phones but I am sure the OP will be happy with the one he got.

sbob
    Free Member

Well, all the kids that I employ tell me that my new G6 is either lit or peng. Both of which I am assured are good. Happy days!

5plusn8
    Free Member

What about the one plus phones, are they any good?

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘The best sub £300 Android phone (not Nokia 8)’ is closed to new replies.