Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • the best rideable glens are???????
  • ton

done glen tilt, which was awesome.
    what other glens are the best to ride………or those bealach things.

trail_rat
    Free Member

glen esk is good , glen clova is good , gypsys glen is good (rode that today)

glen isla is horrible on the road bike 😀 (because its always at the end of super long audax rides )

sc-xc

The descent from Medeiros is sublime…

coylumbridge
    Free Member

Glen Einich (or Gleann Eanaich) down to Loch Einich and Braeriach

marty
    Free Member

glen michael

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Campbell is pretty good too. The "Rhinestone" trail is guaranteed to be the Time of Your Life.

jamesy01
    Free Member

Glentress…….someone had to get it out the way 😈

GlenMore
    Free Member

Did someone call?

stuartie_c
    Free Member

I think Close used to be a cracking ride, but I'm not sure anyone has been there for a while so things might have become a bit overgrown.

kennyp
    Free Member

Glen Feshie has some nice singletrack at the top. And there's Gypsy Glen.

nbt

*Bump*

anyone got a link to a map for a Glen Feshie ride? We're in Aviemore next week…

pistonbroke
    Free Member

You could try Glen Campbell if you are ever in Wichita. Oh I am old!!

duckman

Trail-rat +1 Glen Miller is good if you are "in the mood" Can be a bit wet mind.

chakaping
    Free Member

Glenn Hoddle?

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Another Heavenly one is Glen Gregory.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Glen Close is unsurprisingly lacking in rabbits.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

NBT, if you're going up Glen Feshie do the Carn Ban Mor loop – an absolute classic and one of the best descents in the UK. Park at Auchlean at the end of the road. Singletrack along the glen to the landrover track at 847938. Head up the track, turn left onto the path at the top of Moine Mor and you're away

drew

+1 for the Carn Mor loop but it ain't easy going up the track if you're heading into the wind. Or least it wasn't for me! Ace ride down though.

swavis

I would say CBM is a no no for a couple of weeks yet. Walked Sgor Gaoith on Saturday and there's still a lot of snow up there

Looking up the descent

Looking back to Carn Ban Mor from Sgor Gaoith

More here… http://www.flickr.com/photos/swavis/sets/72157623804235897/

cynic-al
    Free Member

Glen Clova.

nbt

Ta, We're primarily going for the Mayday skiing @ Cairngorm so the snowy pics are good – will call in @ Bothy Bikes and see what they recommend 🙂

If all else fails, we can hit Golspie and Laggan, just thought it might be nice to do some natural stuff as well

goodgrief
    Free Member

glen affrick is worth a look if you're in the loch ness area. I've only done a basic loop around loch affrick but there's potential for an out-bothy-back style trip in superb scenery

trail_rat
    Free Member

Corrieyarrick pass aint a glen but its pretty good .

Stiff climbing both ways though – you are rewarded for it though – 20k downhills either side … 900m pass twice – can you guess what i did today 😉

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘the best rideable glens are???????’ is closed to new replies.