Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • The best one liner ever….
  • Cougar

A line can contain multiple sentences. This one, for instance.

(Though yes, I broadly agree. A “one-liner” isn’t a one-line punchline to a joke that takes a paragraph to set up. Otherwise you could call Ronnie Corbett’s tales one-liners.)

Junkyard
    Free Member

They very least you would need to do for a one liner is have ONE LINE
    other wise its self evidently contains lineS

That one liner is three sentences and three lines

Worse than that the punchline is crap 😉

One may accept a one liner includes a [very short] set up- Morecambe’s required the siren for example- so I agree with the sentiment if not the argument

Cougar

I’ve just seen Arnold Schwarzenegger eating a chocolate egg in the supermarket. He looked at me and said “Have to love Easter, baby!”

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

As fans of the James Bond movies, my friends all decided to dress up as the man for charity, only for roger Moore to appear in person.

Well that raised a few eyebrows!

badllama
    Free Member

Me and my mate who is 6′ 5″ standing at the bar in our local 2 young ladies came in and stood next to us to order drinks looked like on there way to a club with low cut tops on.

Turns and looks up at my mate
    “I bet your getting a good view from up there”
    My mate
    “Don’t flatter yourself love”

😀

tjagain

When I told my teachers I wanted to be a comedian they all laughed. Well they are not laughing now!

Bob Monkhouse

Pook

Junkyard – lazarus
    They very least you would need to do for a one liner is have ONE LINE
    other wise its self evidently contains lineS

That one liner is three sentences and three lines

Worse than that the punchline is crap

One may accept a one liner includes a [very short] set up- Morecambe’s required the siren for example- so I agree with the sentiment if not the argument

Peak STW right there

kaiser
    Free Member

Bob Monkhouse was never really a comedian .
    probably being dense but don’t get the “Pistols” one ..please explain gently!

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

If you think Bob Monkhouse was never really a comedian then you have little chance of understanding any joke .

Drac

Bob Monkhouse was never really a comedian

What Bob Monkhouse the stand up comic and comedy writer?

chakaping
    Free Member

Bob Monkhouse was the name that popped into my head when I saw the thread title.

“I want to die like my father, peacefully in his sleep, not screaming and terrified, like his passengers.”

kaiser
    Free Member

fair enough re Bob ..got a bit confused as only just woken up !Yes he had some good lines.

branwell
    Free Member

There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don’t.

Cougar

probably being dense but don’t get the “Pistols” one ..please explain gently!

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/nearly-had-fisticuffs-this-morning

Cougar

I bought my friend an elephant for his room. He said, “Thanks.” I said, “Don’t mention it.”

AlexSimon

More Tim Vine:

I visited the offices of the RSPCA today. It’s tiny, you couldn’t swing a cat in there.

Last night me and my girlfriend watched three DVDs back to back. Luckily I was the one facing the telly

I decided to sell my Hoover… well it was just collecting dust.

Conjunctivitis.com – that’s a site for sore eyes

epicyclo

Reply to a snotty tourist who complained that that the local beauty spot was the arsehole of the world.

Local “…and you’ll just be passing through, I presume”

nicko74

From Jimmy Carr’s pre-show:
    My town’s holding its annual incest competition, so I entered my sister

P20

Regarding Bob Monkhouse:
    Last Stand on iPlayer

nealglover
    Free Member

Can’t remember where I first saw or read this but I thought it was pretty good . In response to his partner saying that he never gives her compliments she is told ” For a fat bird you don’t sweat much . “

Chubby Brown.

edlong
    Free Member

Who knows whether the joke police will allow a one-line response given to someone else saying something but it’s very short (two words), very funny, and I found out about it the other day from the put downs thread:

MP 1: I am a country member..

MP 2 (the one liner): I remember.

birky
    Free Member

Say what you like about paedophiles, they always drive slowly near schools

Nipper99
    Free Member

Not a one liner as such. The Inbetweeners having just reached mid Wales. The Camping Trip episode.

Jay: this cow was standing up firing milk out of it t**s

Will: udders

Jay: yeah, there were loads of them.

😀

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘The best one liner ever….’ is closed to new replies.