Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • the best curry you can have is…
  • Johnboy373
    Free Member

chicken tikka south indian garlic masala!! beautiful!!

damitamit
    Free Member

any one my gujarati mummy cooks 🙂

onewheelgood

Anything from the Orchard Maharajah. The Vegetable Jalfrezi is particularly fine.

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

Chana Pallak Panneer is pretty nice.

I like a stodgy bitter Dannsak with a peshwari nann or a really good biryani.

SSP

pegasus
    Free Member

mutton madras please

backhander
    Free Member

Lamb Vindaloo.
    Keema rice.
    Onion Bhajis.
    Mibees a Keema naan if I'm hungry.

iainc

chicken tikka south indian garlic masala!! beautiful!!

lol – I was scrolling down looking for an Ashoka one…found it, **** starvin now -)

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Kingfisher 😆
    Chicken Chat
    Kingfisher 😆
    Mushroom rice
    Chic mushroon tikka madras
    Bombay alooooooooooooooooo
    Onion baj
    Mint sauce
    Cheese chilli Nan
    More beer and in 12hrs, a good old clearout 😳 ! 🙄

lister

lamb spinach rogan
    3 chapatis
    side of tarkha dhall
    pops, lime pickle and raita
    sorted

best if from the kashmir in bradford in about 1997 🙂

Ti29er
    Free Member

Have you been watching?
    http://www.rickstein.com/Rick-Stein%E2%80%99s-Far-Eastern-Odyssey-News.htm

If you really want to eat Indian (etc) you need to eat at a restaurant where there are no knives or forks.
    If it's full of Indian diners – you're in for a treat.
    This I believe answers your original question.
    If it's full of Europeans, it's Indian-food-for-the natives, not Indian food for Indians.
    There is a difference.
    In the same way that you must use chop sticks in good Chinese restaurants. If your place setting has chop sticks, eat. If not, move on.
    In Harrow for example, there are Indian Mess's / clubs. Here you wash your hands and use the Nan bread and your fingers. They are discreet and have no advertising.

If you really like Indian food, ask the local Indian population where they eat out. Your average high street Indian is fine, but don't be lulled into thinking it's the real-deal!

jedi

chana,naga and paneer patia

Surfr
    Free Member

Chicken Tika Pathia with garlic rice and peshwari naan. Must learn to do pathia at home.

MicArms

I'm quite partial to chicken tarka, it's like a tikka, only a little otter.
    IGMC….

Ti29er
    Free Member

I think Gordon Ramsay stated his favorite Indian dish was Chicken Jalfrezie (?).
    I'd second that at a high street Indian restaurant.

The best food I've ever had was whilst back packing through Indonesia (Flores up to N Sumatra) over a 2 month period. Vietnamese cooking came pretty close. All the food in China was just dire.

samuri
    Free Member

In the same way that you must use chop sticks in good Chinese restaurants. If your place setting has chop sticks, eat. If not, move on.

Agreed but I went to Hong Kong once. I was taken to an authentic Chinese Restaurant. The food was all fresh, for sure, we knew this because it was alive before we placed our orders. They proved this by bringing it to our table. I'm sure I saw cats being brought to other peoples tables.

Anyway, fresh meat is great but in reality, Europeans like their meat to be 'hung' as it improves the flavour and texture. The chicken I ordered was fairly bland and very limp. No structure to the meat at all. Wasn't impressed.

tony_m
    Free Member

Whichever one I decide to have in Rusholme at the end of of our annual Christmas Shopping Trip Crawl round Manchester today…

Just for the record, I had Chicken Sultani at Lal Haweli. And very nice it was too… 🙂

Ti29er
    Free Member

To top it all, my tenant brought home a curry and chips last night; from a Chinese take away.
    Where's the logic in anything there?
    Mind, he's a alcoholic and thinks pasta's exotic and wouldn't even entertain it nor even rice. He even up and left from a local pub 'cause the menu had French words in some of the dishes!

kevonakona
    Free Member

Had a Naga on saturday, either i got an sti or it was forwards ring sting.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

… free, and served in a bucket with an egg on top.

votchy
    Free Member

Can't beat a nice Chicken Korma, pilau rice and a naan bread 😀

pjt201
    Free Member

masala dosa.

italspark
    Free Member

had a thali once in aslamabad in gujurat, never topped it despite being a scotsman in a dry state on hogmaany

waynekerr
    Free Member

Another Pathia lover here

TN
    Free Member

I got a recipe from a friend just before christmas for malai kofta.
    It is home made paneer mixed with chillis, cumin and coriander, shaped into balls and fried, then served in a lovely spicy tomato sauce.
    I made garlic naan to go with it.
    THAT was the most delicious curry I have ever had and could have been improved only by being served to me by Trent Reznor and Brian Molko.

Oooh, I'm drooling now and I can't decide if it is the curry or the Reznor/Molko-combo that did it… 😉

emac65
    Free Member

the best curry you can have is

Not bought at any curry house………

Got a few Asian mates & the best stuff is cooked by their wives or moms :FACT:
    Hardly ever eat from a curry house these days as I know what it should taste like now…..

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

the best curry you can have is

Pretty much anything with about 15 pints of ale/lager as an aperitef

italspark
    Free Member

just back from the banana leaf in glasgow, top quality south indian food
    "moont recomended"

CheesybeanZ

the next one 😆

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘the best curry you can have is…’ is closed to new replies.