Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The Best Bits from iceBike* 2023
  • Ben_Haworth

iceBike* is UK-bike-distributor-behemoth Madison’s trade show. We popped down the road to Manchester to roundup the best bits.

By ben_haworth

Get the full story on our front page at:

The Best Bits from iceBike* 2023

We need your support – Find out how you can help by clicking the link below.

sharkattack

I’ve been waiting for MTB dungarees to happen. Keen to know more about them. Then I’ll wait for the Black Friday sale and grab some.

jd13m
    Free Member

can’t see point in Truflo Supertrax volume switch as a track pump will be a reasonable volume anyway – can seat mtb tubeless with mine as well as up to 150 psi

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chipps

Ace report, Benji! Thanks for the comprehensive tour. And retro Ridgebacks, you say? Hubba hubba!

BillOddie

I have used that sort of RX insert in glasses before and they aren’t as good a solution as a proper glazed lens in either photocromic or a clear/pinky tint.

You end up with 2 lenses steaming up and condensation between the lenses which is problematic.

footflaps

My first MTB was a Ridgeback 601, back in the 80s….

dc1988

I have one of those Truflo Airstore pumps except it was branded Lifeline I think. It worked quite well until the little knob/switch on the head broke and I couldn’t find a replacement.

And I really like Madison clothing, it’s really well made but seems to fly under the radar compared to most brands.

sillyoldman

@jd13m Doesn’t the green pump work the other way? The way I’m reading it, you can either have standard big volume per stroke to get big tyres up to lowish pressures quickly, or flick the switch to drop the volume per stroke to help with the mechanical adavantage to get small volume tyres to high pressure?

ampthill

A good reminder of just how much comes in through one distributor

bigrich

Buy more stuff!

ernie

What do you mean: “acoustic Saracen Ariel 60 Pro”. Is it noisy in some what? Does it sing a song when the trail is sweet?

ads678

What do you mean: “acoustic Saracen Ariel 60 Pro”.

Its a ridiculous term that people seem to be using to determine a bike from an e-bike. 🙄

chrismac

<div id=”post-12746655″ class=”bbp-reply-header d-flex justify-content-between w-100″>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-author d-flex align-items-center flex-wrap”><span class=”bbp-author-name”>bigrich</span>
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Full Member</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”p-0 loop-item-9 user-id-2413 bbp-parent-forum-11968556 bbp-parent-topic-12746166 bbp-reply-position-10 even post-12746655 reply type-reply status-publish hentry”>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

Buy more stuff!

</div>
    </div>

indeed it’s all part of their green agenda😁😁

matt_outandabout

*raises eyebrow at retro Ridgebacks*

Thule – I have their panniers and a small rucksack. Over built in a really good way, with some neat design touches. I was pessimistic about the pannier mounts – but either heavily or lightly loaded it has stayed in place well.

Madison clothing – we have a couple of great items from them (jersey, an older waterproof commuting jacket) which are great. And two models of gloves which had clearly never been tested in the real world before being offered for sale – some of the worst materials and design I have seen in a long, long time.

danposs86

The Thule Outway rack, it doesn’t rest on your bumper. It clamps the bootlid at the top and the bottom.

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

The seattube on that Saracen is hideous. I like the look of those Aztec rotors but they should be 2mm thick at 220mm

jimplops

Ridgeback 601Ex was mine

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.