The best bit of a song EVER

Home Forum Chat Forum The best bit of a song EVER

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The best bit of a song EVER
  • edlong

The song is progressing normally, and then something happens that pushes it to another place entirely, taking your brain along with it for the ride…

E.g. the drums kicking in in “The Air Tonight” .

My two favourites:

1) Adam and the Ants – the guitar riff straight after “…too many antics in the forbidden zowowowowowowowone…” in “Ants Invasion”

2) Janes Addiction – the bit in “Three Days” around “we saw…… shadows of the morning light”

Premier Icon zippykona
    Subscriber

Can I nominate the gap between johnny was and the start of alternative Ulster. You’ve just had one blinding song then the anticipation of the first note of another. My arm hairs literally go up in that gap.

peterfile

Best use of a whistle ever: Guns ‘N Roses “Paradise City”

Best line in a song ever, followed by the best reaction by the crowd, again Guns ‘N Roses ” Sex, Drugs and Rock ‘N Roll”

“i can’t smoke a plant that was made by God
    but i can kill my wife if i’m a football player”

PJM1974

The harmonica riff from Suicide Blonde was inspired I thought.

llama

the end of i am the resurrection when it stops and starts again

dur

nickf

Can I nominate the gap between johnny was and the start of alternative Ulster. You’ve just had one blinding song then the anticipation of the first note of another. My arm hairs literally go up in that gap.

Yess! Abso-bloody-lutey.

A close second is Baba O’Riley – about 2’30” in it’s gone all quiet, then Moony kicks it all off again, then we’re away for another two minutes (including the mad violin bit) to the end.

We had this thread last night. Keep up 😉

tops 5

end of i am the resurrection when it stops and starts again

llama beat me to it but in a similar vein the guitar bit at the end of love is the law (seahorses) is ace

benman

The opening cowbell and drums on the Stones ‘Honky Tonk Woman’

The hum before the opening of the Beatles ‘I feel fine’

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘The best bit of a song EVER’ is closed to new replies.