Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The Beast… going up?!
  • timizere

Has anyone on here got up the beast in the peaks without dabbing? I might be showing my lack of climbing skills by asking, but is it possible?

docrobster
    Free Member

Next question

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Yep but on an ebike

Climbing Hope Cross on eBikes

funkmasterp

It’s for riding down and walking back up.

scruff
    Free Member

I’m sure its possible by someone with the skills and strength of someone such as Chris Akrigg.

parkesie
    Free Member

Yes a couple of times but shit me it’s hard work get one rock wrong and your pushing.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Hang about. Are we talking the same bit of trail here?
    I love a good techie climb but wouldn’t ever have even considered that to be rideable up on a bike.

timizere

Thanks for the ebike link- still looked like a challenge.

I’m talking about this one: http://monkeyspoon.com/tracks/track-hopex-dh

Nice to know it can be done Parkesie, I’ve only ever made it to the second switchback (turns left), where I rapidly run out of steam and skills!

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Have clean it once on a Motorbike years ago which was a trail/trials bike but never managed to do it on a Enduro motorbike would love to see someone clean it on a MTB.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

It’s a lot less rocky than is used to be*, especially the very top bit before the first corner. I remember trying it at uni, think the furthest I got was to that top corner as the obvious line ends in a big step that’s only just rollable coming down!

If you include the chicken lines on the banks it’s probably easy, but that doesn’t count unless you’re an MBR journo.

*rose tinted glasses and 1.95*26 tyres might affect my memory.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘The Beast… going up?!’ is closed to new replies.