Viewing 26 posts - 201 through 226 (of 226 total)
  • The awful, shocking, terrible, horrible realisation…
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Unless it totally blights your career, life, prospects etc. ……..rolls eyes for a bit !

Oh I see, he didn’t mean a problem for society as a whole, but in certain individual cases.

He should of made that clear, given the ample opportunities he had.

*rolls eyes*

Junkyard
    Free Member

Easy, isn’t it

of course it is easy to say things you dont mean that dont make sense . well easy for you apparently, so easy you seem to not even notice it.

nick1962
    Free Member

Anecdotally, one of the main stated appeals drawing immigrants to the UK is language

And pies 🙂

nick1962
    Free Member

Thankfully, racist murders are actually so rare that the names of victims are often household names, like Stephen Lawrence for example.

So can anyone name the two seperate victims from Pollokshields without searching on Google?
    In fact anyone ever heard of Pollokshields?

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Some people try really hard to find reasons to hate people don’t they? Selective interpretation of news and reports. Selective blindness to the problems of their “own” kind. And also blindness to how obvious their own prejudices are.

It’s also such a shame when people (white/black/brown/green) need to define themselves by differences from others. They must feel really insecure about who they actually are.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Oh I see, he didn’t mean a problem for society as a whole, but in certain individual cases.

He should of made that clear, given the ample opportunities he had.

I didn’t make the distinction Ern. There isn’t one. I think you’re foundering a little there, have you reached the limit of your intellect? If you want a distinction, racism on a “society level” only affects a small minority of the population, thereby one could argue that it’s not as big a problem as the Guardianistas like to suggest.

If you weren’t so hamstrung by cerebral mediocrity, perhaps you’d be able to point me in the direct of examples that regularly occur in the UK where racism or bigotry causes equally horrendous problems…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I think you’re foundering a little there, have you reached the limit of your intellect?

If you weren’t so hamstrung by cerebral mediocrity…….

Are you still banging on about your huge intellect over mine ?!…..that’s hilarious 😀

But yeah, you must be right…..’cause you’re so clever !

nick1962
    Free Member

binners
    Raise you

Shibboleth
    Free Member

But yeah, you must be right…..’cause you’re so clever !

I’m waiting for you to prove me wrong Ernest. That’s how these things work: I make a point, you, having a differing opinion, try to debunk my assertions and offer evidence to prove YOUR point.

You managed the first bit, but you really seem to be struggling with the second. Come on, speak up old chap…

binners

nick – I’m seriously impressed!

Judging by that dogs stance, he’s multi-tasking. 😆

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’m not interested in proving you wrong to your satisfaction Shibboleth.

False allegations of racism and bigotry are a serious issue, but to pretend that it’s as serious as actual racism and bigotry, is, quite frankly, absurd.

And it would be laughable if it wasn’t such an insult to the victims of hate crimes and those who live in fear of them.

That’s about it mate, I don’t want, or need, to elaborate. You are obviously not going to agree with me – apparently it’s because I’m of average intelligence and you’re so much cleverer than me, OK, let’s leave at that shall we ?

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I knew you were foundering… 🙄

nick1962
    Free Member

What are pancakes without

jamj1974

Poor dog….

CountZero

Your understanding of the word was so well established that you felt the need to google its meaning!

Ha! Shows how much you know then, doesn’t it. I had no need of Google, and, contrary to what you seem to think, only use Google when I need details about something I’m rather hazy about. I actually copied that from the dictionary on my iPad for the purposes of showing the definition as it would be in a dictionary, in order to add my own definition, a visual effect clearly lost on you.
    Shibby, your lack of insight extends to not being able to recognise when something is put up to add a graphic or typographic effect.

Edukator
    Free Member

Well I hadn’t got a clue what shibboleth meant till you quoted the dictionary, Countzero, and I’ll be making no effort to add it to my active vocabulary. I generally take things at face value on forums, if it seems sarcastic, I assume it’s sarcasm; if it seems nasty, I assume it’s nasty; if someone seems to be trying to be clever I assume they’re not.

Cougar

<mod>

Just a gentle nudge to keep this civil, guys. Not singling anyone out but it’s been somewhat ad hominem for a couple of pages now; if you can’t debate a subject without calling each other idiots I’ll just close it.

</mod>

Edukator
    Free Member

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Even if they are right?

Cougar

Well, if I were pulling up people for actually being idiots, the forum would be empty. (-:

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Good point Cougar ….. there’s nothing wrong with being an idiot.

Thanks for your support 🙂

Rockape63
    Free Member

False allegations of racism and bigotry are a serious issue, but to pretend that it’s as serious as actual racism and bigotry, is, quite frankly, absurd

(My God, is this still going!)

Yes, yes Ernie, you said that at the outset and shib has tried (in vain) to explain why its not ‘frankly, absurd’

Sadly, you over estimated your intelligence level at mediocre!

Dobbo

That dog is ubber cute, the back leg at a jaunty angle helps.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I like the way it’s managing to make part of a femur and the clavicle of a small mammal hover round the top of the maple syrup bottle. A genuiney bone-a-fidey talent.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Rockape63 – Member

(My God, is this still going!)

Well it hadn’t for 15 hours, until you decided to revive it ……. just to complain that it was still going on !

And then to cap it all, you accuse me of being thick…….brilliant ! 😀

Dobbo

Have you got clever in those 15 hours then? 8)

Viewing 26 posts - 201 through 226 (of 226 total)

The topic ‘The awful, shocking, terrible, horrible realisation…’ is closed to new replies.