Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 181 total)
  • The Ashes – 4th test thread (spoilers within… duh!)
  • psychle
    Free Member

Really really looking forward to this one, series balanced at 1-1, everything to play for, 90-100 thousand fans on Boxing Day at the MCG… does it get any better than that? 8)

psychle
    Free Member

Good warm up article for you here, courtesy of The Age, sets the tone well, impartial too 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

does it get any better than that?

Yes, it does. If we can stuff the whining Aussies, that is! 😉

psychle
    Free Member

Not at the MCG Monsieur… though, tbh, I reckon it’s a 50/50 call… fancy a punt Captain? 😉

marty
    Free Member

any good live streams out there?

yossarian
    Free Member

England’s series to lose.

Vital first session coming up.

psychle
    Free Member

Australia’s series to win.

Vital first session coming up.

Agreed 😀

bloodynora
    Free Member

Nervous anticipation here! Good article you posted there psychle, sums up an Ashes test perfectly. Think a lot depends if you Aussies take the form from the last Test into this one and also which England team turns up!

Real shame we don’t have Broad there as his batting ability comes in handy though we do have Swanny who can win a game when he’s on form… Too close to call for me…. Here’s to a good one 🙂

psychle
    Free Member

There is no sport like cricket to make a man look a fool, be he player or pundit.

The nature of cricket – played over days, but often won and lost in split seconds – means that in no other field of human endeavour does hope spring so repeatedly and eternally

Love it 🙂

This morning, there is a frisson in Melbourne

My favourite place in the world, Melbourne on the day of a huge sporting contest… nothing like it, the anticipation of joining the throng at the ‘G, awesome to be a part of! 8) Wish I was there… 🙁

aracer
    Free Member

A lot has to hinge on which MJ turns up – though it’s unlikely he’ll be as dangerous as at Perth whatever. Seems likely Bresnan will play instead of Finn, which will also help lengthen the batting.

psychle
    Free Member

Grrr… one of these days Punter might just win a blingin toss… Australia to bat, going to be a fun first hour!

Finn out for Bresnan, tough on the lad, though he didn’t bowl that well on a seamers pitch in Perth I guess… maybe a bit of rest will do him good. What’s Bresnan like?

aracer
    Free Member

Seems I was right about Bresnan and we’re having first go at throwing the ball. How many runs will Australia manage for the first 3 wickets?

Finn’s almost certainly still ahead of Bresnan in the overall pecking order, but seems like he needs a bit of a rest.

psychle
    Free Member

How many runs will Australia manage for the first 3 wickets?

Not going to even hazard a guess… would love to see Hughes and Ponting hit form though… Clarkey, well… not a huge fan of him for some reason, I think it’s the stupid tattoo sleave 🙄

aracer
    Free Member

If catches win matches, we’re in big trouble already – would have been really handy to get Watson early.

psychle
    Free Member

indeed, couple of reasonably easy chances there…

gone! Watson fails unfortunately 🙁 that was an easier one for Peiterson!

palmer77
    Free Member

Isn’t it funny how quickly Geoffery Boycott changes his opinion 🙂

psychle
    Free Member

Lots of movement so far, bounce to… tricky tricky time to bat!

bloodynora
    Free Member

Sir Geoffrey of Boycott is pretty forthright with his opinions isn’t he! Love/hate character, makes for good commentary though. The reasoned tones of Vic Marks now with CMJ

psychle
    Free Member

what are you guys watching/listening to? obviously not Sky? ’tis Warnie and Bumble for me at the moment…

bloodynora
    Free Member

Test Match Special on BBC Radio here. Ideal combination for me would be Sky plus the TMS commentary!

aracer
    Free Member

TMS – available on Radio 5live SX, Radio 4 LW or iPlayer (and right now also vanilla 5live).

aracer
    Free Member

Bye bye Phil. Now what was the expected /3?

psychle
    Free Member

Bring back Katich ASAP! Hughes just does not look Test match quality, SHIT shot…

aracer
    Free Member

The answer to my question is 37 😀

mboy
    Free Member

38 for 3… GET IN!

psychle
    Free Member

GODDAMN it…! Punter needs to drop down the order, really has to… bad bad toss to lose with our top order… at least that’s all your reviews gone!

aracer
    Free Member

Have gone all statto – Australia currently averaging 78.7/3 (that includes 107 not out in the second innings at the Gabba).

Can’t believe we’ve already thrown away both reviews though 🙁

warton
    Free Member

two very wasteful reviews by Strauss.

palmer77
    Free Member

TMS all the way!

psychle
    Free Member

Indeed Aracer, our top order is fookin scheizer…

indeed Warton poor reviews indeed… let’s hope if costs him eh? 8)

aracer
    Free Member

The big one!

Hairychested
    Free Member

At this tempo by the time my wife finishes her quick shower it’ll be all done and dusted.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Get in!
    58 for 4

bloodynora
    Free Member

That last one was a big wicket

psychle
    Free Member

**** it… I’m off to bed… gotta fly to Morocco in 9hrs… so if I don’t reply it’s because I’m overseas, not sulking 😉

bloodynora
    Free Member

Have a good one psychle…. Sure you’ll be able to pick up the cricket over there…. If you don’t post then I understand 😉

psychle
    Free Member

What a difference 4 years makes eh? wonder if we’ll make 159 in our first innings? WAARNIE.. WAARNIE… WAARNIE… God we.miss him!

bloodynora
    Free Member

Yeah if only you had another Warnie in the wings… Or McGrath or a Brett Lee or…. hmmm Some top, top players there…. God I miss Warnie 😀

psychle
    Free Member

This partnership of Hayden and Symonds they’re showing on Sky… one of the greatest, best mates batting at the ‘G, brilliant stuff (for us Aussies 🙂 )

psychle
    Free Member

a shot or two of ‘Sink the Bismarck’ and I’m out of here… shall see what the score is when I wake up…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 181 total)

The topic ‘The Ashes – 4th test thread (spoilers within… duh!)’ is closed to new replies.