Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • the Armstrong lie – Anyone going to see it?
  • xcgb
    Free Member

Might just wait for the DVD!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

DVD for me too.

xcgb
    Free Member

The trailer looks interesting though!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukOJ_1b-8lQ[/video]

piemonster

I’ll wait until I can view it without giving him any money.

avdave2

Surely the only appropriate way to see this film is via an illegal download.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Does he get money from this…?

coogan
    Free Member

Nah. No interest in it really.

xcgb
    Free Member

Will he make money out of it?

Apparently

“Though Armstrong has no plans to see the film – he sent his representatives instead – the disgraced cyclist will receive a small portion of the film’s profits.
    “When the original deal was made with Sony, Lance had a financial participation,” Gibney explained, thus entitling Armstrong to a backend deal with the new film. The film’s producers said the original deal with Armstrong was partly to secure his cooperation in making “The Road Back” but that he was not an investor in the film.”

DezB
    Free Member

Yeah, what? An hour and a half looking at that face? Nah, not me.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Still making money out of his lies!

If we all ignore him maybe he will go away.

Haze

I’ll steal it from the torrent sites, then make everyone else do the same.

atlaz
    Free Member

To be honest, you have to torrent it to be competitive in the film watching community. Everyone is doing it. It’s just those French people that hate you for being so good at downloading torrents.

deviant
    Free Member

The more brazen he becomes the more i like him…loving his big F-you to everybody by taking a slice of the proceeds from this film…he certainly lives life his way and to hell with the consequences!
    What did he do again?…cheated in a bike race, big deal, give the guy a break.

xcgb
    Free Member

Didnt just cheat though aggressively bullied and sued the arse of anyone who dared to suggest cheating, making millions out of it, gotta expect some fallout from that if you get caught

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

deviant – Member

very appropriate moniker!

AdamW
    Free Member

What did he do again?…cheated in a bike race, big deal, give the guy a break.

And ruined people’s lives. I don’t care (that much) about the doping. I do care about the bullying and wanton destruction of others. For that he can rot.

atlaz
    Free Member

Even the ones that make the papers are enough to make even a hardened fan see the truth I think. Ruined careers for Simeoni, Bassons and Andreu, ruined reputations for Emma O’Reilly and Betsy Andreu to start with.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Chapeau atlaz and Haze. 🙂

eddiebaby
    Free Member

The man is bullying scum. Sort of like John Terry turned up to 11.

brassneck

Yeah, what? An hour and a half looking at that face? Nah, not me.

I wonder if now that really is All she Wants To Do?

neilthewheel

It’s all a lie, apparently.

franksinatra

I still think he was clean. And he can cure cancer so leave him alone. He is a hero

iolo
    Free Member

Looks like Sony spent a whole load of money making a movie before he confessed.
    Thought damn, what can we do now?
    I know, let’s give the lying pr@@k some more money to lie and say whatever he wants to finish the movie.
    I doubt people will bother going to see it. Does anyone actually care about him?
    May he live in a gutter while a tramp wees on him.

chipsngravy
    Free Member

As soon as it’s on iTunes I’ll be watching it.

sq225917
    Free Member

I’ll not be watching that via any means that ever results in money being paid to ‘him’.

GrahamS

FFS is this really still so controversial???

Surely the rafts of evidence are now very public and well documented. I have no idea how anyone can really still believe that he didn’t go to the moon.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I’ll watch it. Your money goes to much worse places on a daily basis.

jon1973
    Free Member

the original deal with Armstrong was partly to secure his cooperation in making “The Road Back”

butcher

I’m looking forward to it. From what I’ve read, the film maker was drafted in to make a documentary about his return to professional cycling, then once it was finished and they were about to release it, the whole doping scandal blew up. Cue plan B.

There’s an interview with him here http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/oct/20/lance-armstrong-drugs-in-sport

atlaz
    Free Member

It’s a slightly weasel-y interview with Gibney. I’d be really interested to see the original film (or even original interviews) to see how hard he pushes Lance on doping allegations because, as Kimmage said, the stuff in the USADA report was hardly new, just the eyewitness testimony was new. I get the feeling that like a lot of the press, once he’d been told “I never doped” he moved on and ignored any doubts to stay inside the bubble.

footflaps

To be honest, you have to torrent it to be competitive in the film watching community. Everyone is doing it. It’s just those French people that hate you for being so good at downloading torrents.

🙂

I’ll watch it. Your money goes to much worse places on a daily basis.

You mean like watching Murdoch channels?

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Makes me laugh all this, he’s a cheating sportsman amongst many many cheating sportsmen and people want him dead (or worse) But if he was a politician he would get a raised eyebrow and sneer at the very most! And they constantly lie through their teeth and affect Our lives daily. Wtf!

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘the Armstrong lie – Anyone going to see it?’ is closed to new replies.