Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • The Apprentice last night….
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Helen and Tom rocked, easy winners with a slick operation – although I did wonder if the gravy was going to leak out of the cardboard box!
    Jim looked very very worried in the boardroom. The failure of the task looked to me to be entirely down to him and I think the only reason he stayed was because of past performances.
    Helen will walk it (deservedly), Tom second and Jim might get a bit of a battering.

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

Jim deserves a battering. I don’t know why he’s still there. Obviously his charm has won him a few battles. Looks like some sort of interview next week and I think he’ll get pulled apart.

I’d like to see Tom win it but I reckon Helen is the better candidate (from what I’ve seen on TV, not from my (lack of) years of experience!).

Why is Suzy still there?? She’s just annoying and whinges far too much!

sharkbait
    Free Member

Why is Suzy still there?? She’s just annoying and whinges far too much!

They needed 4 people in the final!
    At least Nathanlie had the guts to tell Jim to his face in the boardroom that he’s a nasty piece of work.

Frodo

Why oh why on ‘your fired’ did the panel pitch suzy to win???

I’ve never seen someone so utterly useless.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yeah surely it is Helen’s for the taking. I do like Tom though and perhaps if his business plan involves some amazing invention (like an email phone with built in video perhaps) then Sugarcubes might just go for him.

lunge

I’d like to see Tom win but I have a feeling he might get pulled apart on his business plan in the interview stage. I’d like to see him win but fear he won’t.

Helen has never owned a business and I think that will worry LAS. She did well this week but was close to the axe the week before.

Jim is a sales man and negotiator but does not have a great business brain. He’s a charmer but, like Tom, I think he will get found out in the interviews.

And that leaves Suzy. She is annoying, talks a lot of rubbish and winds everyone up. But, she has run a successful business, she comes up with some good ideas and occasionally talks sence. I think she’ll win as well.

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

Why oh why on ‘your fired’ did the panel pitch suzy to win???
    I’ve never seen someone so utterly useless.

Yeah, I didn’t get that either. Maybe my lack of business/entrepeneur experience tells me she’s as useful as a chocolate teapot but they can see something else in her.

They needed 4 people in the final!

Fair point!

thebunk

I like Suzy – she’s only 21, if she could just learn to think before she spoke she’d be pretty formidable I reckon.

Suzy, Tom & Helen (as joint business partners!), then Jim. I think Jim stayed in mostly because the women that was fired was utterly useless.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I think she’d break down and cry if pushed too hard and has no balls.

At least Natasha, yeah, had balls, right. Actually, watching the way she sits most of the time, I think she DOES have balls…

sharkbait
    Free Member

Tom is a smart puppy and, after a shakey start, has improved all the way. he may be a bit of a ‘mad scientist’ but I could see LAS working with him.
    His lack of sales ability might not be such a hinderance as [whatever business he starts] could simply employ a sales person. Tom and Helen could make a very good team as shown last night – that could have been the final!

schnullelieber
    Free Member

Jim is a waste of space blagger. Helen would walk it if the prize were to be an employee. But for a business partener I think LAS has his eye on Tom or Suzy. Tom is up his street with the gadgets/inventions but in the cosmetic/treatment episode LAS did like the massive margins available so Suzy could be on to winner (Mind you she didn’t do to well in that episode blaming the lack of take-up on every one in Birmingham being ‘so poor’ 🙂

I’m going for Suzy for the win. Got to support the Croydon girl.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I’m looking forward to hearing their business plans. I imagine Tom will have a very good plan, well thought out. He has been good at that side of things throughout. Susie built up from trading on a market stall. She annoys the hell out of me but just may have a good plan. Helen I just have no idea what her plan will be like and Jim’s I think will be the funniest as he fails under interrogation.

I could be so wrong though.

creamegg
    Free Member

what the hell is tom still doing there? whats he actually done apart from mumble a few words in teh boardroom like a scared school kid? Helens got lucky with past tasks, getting high sales 2 weeks in a row but last weeks showed how good (or rather bad) she is. she does come accross well though, and is organised, but then thats what PA’s do. With a bit of guidance Suzy’s prob the most promising. Jim’s still there for entertainment, thats teh only reason he didt get fired a few weeks ago.

sharkbait
    Free Member

what the hell is tom still doing there?

Simple. LAS likes him and can see the potential. He’s been warned about bucking his ideas up and he has performed much better in the last few tasks.

creamegg
    Free Member

dont get me wrong he’s a likeable guy, and probably a good inventor, but he’s not businessman material is he. Helen even cringed when he spoke in front of the fast food experts

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Wasn’t she cringing because he was talking over her, not because he was talking rubbish?

sharkbait
    Free Member

he’s not businessman material is he. Helen even cringed when he spoke in front of the fast food experts

Why not? It’s not all about selling – he seems good at ideas/setup/running, he could/would take someone on to do the selling.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Tom is the worst of all the men on the programme this year, he is a bumbling oaf, with nothing to say, no ideas and can’t even be smarmy like the rest of them. He just clutches at straws all the time.

I’ve not seen him do owt.

Jim seems the most ‘normal’ out of the cretinous bunch, and let’s not beat around the bush here, Helen doesn’t really know what’s going on either, but she’ll win because she’s eye candy.

SugarDaddy is a great businessman, he’s had TV licence money pay for bunch of idiots salaries in the last few years. 😉 Kerching!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Helen doesn’t really know what’s going on either, but she’ll win because she’s eye candy.

Is she? She looks one step away from being a skull in a dress – horrible sunken eyes.

Suzi is pretty until she smiles – her teeth look like they are trying to escape.

veedubba

What Lunge and others have said: Tom & Susan have proven business-ownership or successful products behind them, Helen’s a very good manager/ organiser and Jim’s a one trick salesman pony.

I think that tom lacks confidence when managing people, and Susan has no filter when it comes to what she says and her emotional involvement.

Tom’ll get it if Sugar is focusing on innovative products. Susan’ll get it if he wants someone who’s a proven businessperson. Helen’s the outside chance for me and Jim’s a no hoper.

I’m looking forward to seeing Big Daddy Claude get out the hurtin’ stick next episode.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

It’s all relative though, isn’t it? Anything is nice compared the Karren Brady’s hideous face. 😉

Oh, and some of you lot must be watching a different programme to me.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Big Daddy Claude get out the hurtin’ stick

That made me smile.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yeah Karen Brady – I still can’t work out if she is meant to be attractive or not – it hurts my brain trying to work it out.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

😆

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

To be honest I felt the same about Natasha, yeah, sometimes she looked pretty, others she looked like she had gender realignment, yeah.

But I did decide a few weeks that I would get a couple of surprises if I went Yellow Pages with her…

tyredbiker
    Free Member

I don’t know- Helen and Tom are lovely and I’d rather they won, but the preview clip shows Sugar pointing and saying ‘You’re hired’ to the place where Jim was sitting…

sharkbait
    Free Member

I’d LOL if Tom should win and then offer Jim a sales job – would love to see his [fish] face.

Is it just me or do these look the same?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Perhaps he is just trying to do the ‘Top Gear’ Peugeot impression?

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Helen to win, she deserves it, she’s been the only competent one so far and as far as I can tell isn’t an egocentric idiot like the rest.

Tom – lovely fellow but a bit too wet to make it as a business man I reckon, would be better stuck in a lab somewhere.

Susan – she has achieved a lot for someone so young, and she is Chinese so LAS might want to have her as a tool when dealing with Chinese businesses; but she’s very irritating and clueless; “do the french like their kids?” – a less civilised, less gentle man than me might say she has a very punchable face.

Jim – slimy weasel and full of sh*t, look into his eyes, he is dead inside.

franki
    Free Member

LOL at Sharkbait!

Helen & Tom are my faves.

brakes
    Free Member

the key to winning now is the business plan, what has gone on before doesn’t matter too much, it’s just got them to the final.
    whoever has a solid business case will stand a good chance of winning.
    they will basically pick the idea they like the best/ that has the most chance of success and then use what has gone in the last few weeks to destroy the contestants they want rid of.
    in my opinion Jim is all talk, he’s a manipulator and a BS merchant; Suzie is too dim but has Sugar on side because of her ‘difficult background’ (they haven’t said what this is yet), Tom isn’t that sharp and can’t think on his feet, but that shouldn’t really count against him too much and probably has a good business plan, Helen is hot (most important), sharp and intelligent but is an unknown quantity when it comes to her business plan…
    Tom or Helen for me, I’ll go for Tom because he has business management credentials

monkey_boy
    Free Member

dont talk about ‘claude’ he scares the hell out of me!

the interview stage is the best part of the whole process, last year with this tosser…

the guy ripping him apart about ‘baggs the brand’ then asking him 10 times… “do you own the exclusive rights to your domain company” (words to that effect) him then saying “yes” about 10 times…. then finally cracking and coming clean! it was pure cringe tv at its best!

as above defo helen or tom.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I like Helen and Tom, strongest candidates for me, but I’m not sure I’d want to go into business with anyone who could no think of 3 notable Brits to name their pies after, didn’t know the nationality of Columbus, and didn’t know that it was (supposedly, but not actually) Raleigh who brought back potatoes from Virginia to England for Eliz I.

jam-bo

If it was the old format with a job at the end, Helen would walk it.

Tom will win it. He must have a killer business plan or there is no way he would have survived pretty much every week in the boardroom.

Gary_C

Is it just me that pictures this guy when Alan Sugar is on?

😀

randomjeremy
    Free Member

You have to hand it to Susan she’s done well for herself – emigrated to Oz from China very young with only her mum for support, moved to the UK a few years later and organised her own schooling etc, used the money from her business to pay off her mum’s mortgage – impressive stuff and she’s still only 21!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

@anotherdeadhero TBF though, that is the sort of shit you don’t need to know as long as you have the vision to be able to come up with the idea in the first place – he is looking for a business partner, nor a pub quiz partner.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Gary C 🙂

It’s just the Jeremy Kyle show for the middle class really.

Entertaining enough though.

McHamish
    Free Member

My bet is on two of the business plans being ridiculous and funny – good TV; and the other two being good business plans suitable for Sugar to invest in.

They wouldn’t have let the other 8 (?) leave if they had a good business plan.

sharkbait
    Free Member

They wouldn’t have let the other 8 (?) leave if they had a good business plan.

Unless Sugarcube really didn’t like/couldn’t work with them. Darth Vader had a good business plan (taking over the universe, etc) but you wouldn’t want to work with him.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘The Apprentice last night….’ is closed to new replies.