• This topic has 56 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by ajc.
Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • The Apprentice – can somebody please tell me why…
  • Gachet
    Free Member

Leon shoudn’t have gone, he’s got the best taste in watches in the process! Tom didn’t contribute anything apart from a game of ‘paper, scissors, stone’ to decide who pitched to La Redoute. When they showed some sort of interest didn’t he say the minimum order quantity was 10 or something stupid, obviously didn’t have a clue about the size of the buyer.

gwj72
    Free Member

@gachet – he didnt know the size of the buyer because Melody didn’t bother to research them as she was told to. Too busy sorting her own figures out. 10 was still ridiculous mind.

sharkbait
    Free Member

obviously didn’t have a clue about the size of the buyer.

…. because Leon and global totty didn’t supply the information he had asked them to provide *
    Turns out he also used to work for La Redoute and didn’t say anything 😯 ….. nice bloke but had to go in this instance

* Although going into a meeting that SAS had arranged for them in a very big office with about 6 buyers should have given him sort idea of the company size.
    Minimum order of 10 was rather classic.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Tom went about being PM in a very logical manner. He asked the right questions, considered the right issues, made the right choices, but was ultimately let down by his team. As per.

Even if he had pushed for the rucksac, no-one else on his team, especially Melody, would have bothered to try and sell it. They’d have attempted to fashion a mill stone for his neck out of them instead.

He really should have informed himself before walking into the LaRedoute pitch once it became clear he wasn’t going to get anything from Melody though.

bigyinn
    Free Member

She’s all me me me, hate her, although Tom is looking a bit spineless for not sticking to his guns.

Lifer
    Free Member

You’re all being played like a $2 banjo

MikeG

They’ve got the trunki car seats in sainsbury’s, they look pretty good.

I’d also like a ticket for the lets kill melody coach.

Pieface

I think its amazing how Melody can speak to those French people and understand what they’re saying.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

can’t to hear her explanation of being personally trained by Kofi Annan and the Dalai Llama, being crowned “woman of the future” and all these other accolades during the interview show

I think they are setting her up for this, SAS “what’s your company” Melody “it’s a global consultancy” 🙄

her comments about the North and Manchester were hysterical, I really hope one of the tasks is north of Watford so she can dig herself a bigger hole

MikeG

Her global consultancy has it’s registered office in a terraced house in Leicester, I won’t need the coach ticket now – it’s only a 10min walk from where I work 🙂

gwj72
    Free Member

MikeG – epic!

I’m not doubting her credentials as a “youth worker”. But all her work to date, including her business, smacks of voluntary work and charity. All very NGO, not very SAS. And even then it seems more about self promotion than genuine desire to help others.

I predict her downfall – she makes enemies within the group (is already), gets dragged into the boardroom every time she’s on a losing team, uses her big mouth to talk her way out of the job. Or, she gets eaten alive at interview time and she goes the way of Baggs the brand.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I’m not doubting her credentials as a “youth worker”.

I am, when she said what she did for all those awards “youth work” what they should have asked is “what did you actually do”, I’ve a feeling it’s 2/3’s of nothing i.e. talked to groups about her meeting the Dali Lama and being trained by Al Gore whilst “operating at the UN level”, I don’t think it’s going to be working with drug addicts in the inner city

schnullelieber
    Free Member

Her global consultancy has it’s registered office in a terraced house in Leicester, I won’t need the coach ticket now – it’s only a 10min walk from where I work

You just wait your turn MikeG, I didn’t go to all this trouble for sloppy seconds. Anyone know how to remove the speed limiter from a coach?

bikemonkey
    Free Member

I thought they were going to make more of Melody’s ‘market research’:

Asking people on the Metro whether people travel by car or Metro = massively skewed sample?

schnullelieber
    Free Member

I also want to ask her what exactly it was that she learnt from the Dalai Lama. Humility, selflessness, respect for all living things? Or self-aggrandisement, arrogance, selfishness and deceitfulness?

jonrambo
    Free Member

Why. 😆

ajc
    Free Member

My boy has one of those rucksack booster seats and they are great. It cost the same to buy as the hire of a booster seater from a car hire company and he can fit in all his toys when we go away. kids like bags, and need booster seats.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘The Apprentice – can somebody please tell me why…’ is closed to new replies.