• This topic has 56 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by ajc.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • The Apprentice – can somebody please tell me why…
  • IvanDobski
    Free Member

you’d want a child’s seat which folds into a rucsac?

I can see no good reason for this product to exist.

project
    Free Member

Slo the child can use it in different cars, and more likely for the parents to tell everyone, they saw it on the apprentice,along with how much they paid.

toppers3933
    Free Member

not watching it, what type of child seat? if its like a high chair type thing i can kinda see the point. we have one that folds into a little bag type thing. thats real useful.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

It’s a child’s car seat. Using it in different cars kinda makes sense but how many times do you yomp across town with a car seat wishing it folded smaller. It’s infinitely more likely that you’d change it on the drive surely.

Anyway, they’re all cockweasels.

scaredypants

my kids often get sent to school with a booster seat, so that a non-working parent can give them a lift to/from off-site events like sports or music during the school day

since they walk to school I reckon they’d like a foldable one

(I’m a bad parent, aren’t I ? 🙁 )

allmountainventure
    Free Member

Didn’t see it but would it be useful for air travel?

A mate once flew into Jerez with his kid only to find their car seat never left Stanstead. The girl at the *no brand* desk nonchalantly said “its ok you don’t need one in Spain, technically it is illegal but the police aren’t bothered”

er…

jam-bo

Anyway, they’re all cockweasels.

This. Except Tom, who should really walk out and go back to inventing stuff.

schnullelieber
    Free Member

Even if it has no other practical purpose you could use it to bludgeon that Melody to a pulp.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

This is it

BOOSTAPAK

Looks really useful

emsz
    Free Member

although you could say that about lots of things…

project
    Free Member

45 QUID, wouldnt a cammel bak do the same job.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I wouldn’t buy one either, but la redoute are obviously confident someone will. Helen seems alright as well I thought.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

schnullelieber – Member
    Even if it has no other practical purpose you could use it to bludgeon that Melody to a pulp.
    POSTED 15 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

I was going to post something very similar – do you want to share a lift to wherever it is she lives and we can take turns at hitting her in the face?

franksinatra

Plenty of good reasons to buy it.

Air travel, we have been quoted 50 per seat to hire for 2 weeks from hire car company.

Lots of people drop kids off at nursery and other parent collects, would save buying seats for both cars.

Travel by taxi usually involves no booster, this would solve that.

I’d buy one.

schnullelieber
    Free Member

@m_f
    Part of me doesn’t want me to share, it wants sole credit for her demise. But that would make me just like her, thinking only of myself. So yes, we could put out an open invite, hire a coach, pack a picnic and some beers and make a day out of it.

djglover
    Free Member

Definatley a good product, our twins could take them on the train and put them in their grandparents car at the other end.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Beers? Stella I think… 😈

atlaz
    Free Member

Even my non-violent wife has decided she’d like to punch Melody in the face repeatedly. I think, in general, the only one who hasn’t come off as a total moron is Helen (I think) who has at least managed to stay polite and keep a little dignity. Wouldn’t work with any of them though.

user-removed
    Free Member

This is quite wierd – just finished watching it on i-player and the first thing I said to my wife when it finished was, “Damn! I have a massive urge to find her and punch her hard in the face”. My wife would normally give me ‘The Look’ for uttering such thoughts, but happily, she concurred.

atlaz
    Free Member

Right, I think we’re all agreed. Someone get a coach booked.

sharkbait
    Free Member

You’ve got it all wrong……… It’s going to take at least 3 coaches.
    I can’t wait for her to be sacked, and she will be.

tyredbiker
    Free Member

So everyone agrees Melody needs a whack but WHY does Sugar commend her behaviour?!I understand she’s got a drive to win but really?!! She needs her business to be global as no-one wants to meet her twice!

aracer
    Free Member

Lots of people drop kids off at nursery and other parent collects, would save buying seats for both cars.

I’m not sure how much a seat for kids aged 4+ is going to help with that one – anything approved for little ones is always going to be big and bulky. Doesn’t even do anything a standard booster seat doesn’t do in that regard.

No particular reason why you can’t take a normal booster seat as handluggage on a plane or on a train, and I’m completely missing the point of the fold up bit to cover the seat (not watching the Apprentice, have just looked at the website linked above). However the idea of making the inside provide storage is quite cunning, and does make it dual purpose – I’m sure there’s a perfectly good market for such things!

Euro
    Free Member

I thought the seat was a half decent idea on paper. Kind of thing parents would buy, then realise it is far too chunky for a child to strap to their back and lug around, and spend the rest of it’s life confined to the attic. Perfect product for an online retailer. 😆

Brycey
    Free Member

Some classic quotes from last night,
    “I speak a little French, petit pois (small peas).” Jim
    “I drew a picture of a teapot, that was my contribution.” Leon

Melody also said something fairly derogatory about “The North” at one point I didn’t quite catch, among all her other smug comments.

Bunch of fannies as usual, although quite entertaining. I wish the one with the harsh face that worked with Tom would stop saying “Yeah” after every sentence.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The seat is a great idea. Who cares if it’s functional (which it is). What the designers have realised is that kids love to wear rucksacks! The trunki brand has already established itself pretty well and people will buy the booster-cum-rucksack on the strength of that alone (apart from actually having to have one from somewhere).

Lifer
    Free Member

Can somebody please tell me why people watch this rubbish?

Drac

Hi Melody.

aracer
    Free Member

Can somebody please tell me why people watch this rubbish?

Car crash TV

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Looks decent to me. It seems to work pretty well as a rucksack so is a good idea. Price is about double what it should cost though.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Price is about double what it should cost though.

The girl that pitched to La Redoute nailed this one though – fair dues to her – got an order of over €200,000 out of them despite them saying it would be too expensive.

cb

Wasn’t that seat on Dragon’s Den? Useful for cinema, theatre type things as well. Seemed to sell pretty well…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Wasn’t that seat on Dragon’s Den?

I think the original trunki pull-along-wheelie-case-for-kids-type-thing was on there…the booster seat is another one of their products.

cb

Yeah but pretty sure I saw that type of back pack on there as well. Maybe Trunki took on the idea and made it better?

schnullelieber
    Free Member

Right then, I’ve got 5 coaches with various pick up points in the north, 3 coaches from the south and a taxi picking up a couple of parisian shopkeepers from the eurostar terminal. If we can get another 50 peeps the nice people at Trunki will do us a special edition Boostapak ‘Melody-Breaker’ for a bargaintastic 35 quid. One condition – I get first dibs.

wwaswas

I loved (hated) that Melodys transalations;

French person told of rucksack idea: “The best thing since sliced bread, I’d buy 10”

Melody’s translation: “They hate it and say they’ve spent their whole adult life looking for a teapot on a rope and so have the rest of the French population.”

I can’t believe Sugar’d work with her – she’d stitch him up at every opportunity if she thought it would suit her.

sharkbait
    Free Member

^

Just one thing before we all get on the coach though…..

hmmmmm….. spots.

KennySenior
    Free Member

You want to send that in to Viz for up the arse corner, might win a pencil or something.

gwj72
    Free Member

Melody has got to stay in the process. I can’t to hear her explanation of being personally trained by Kofi Annan and the Dalai Llama, being crowned “woman of the future” and all these other accolades during the interview show.

Squirm.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Melody – if your business is basically bullshit, you’ve got to be a prize bullshitter.

Tom

This. Except Tom, who should really walk out and go back to inventing stuff.

Agreed; however, it is very useful networking for him, and he is getting to know the mindsets of people in the business worlds pretty well. Useful for when he becomes BIGGER THAN DYSON. I liked him up to that point, WTF? He does need to pull his punches. He didn’t sell, does El groucho really want a salesperson, or someone how makes the right calls and can actually do stuff?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘The Apprentice – can somebody please tell me why…’ is closed to new replies.