Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • The Apprentice
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

They must realise they are a parody of middle management types surely to God.?

crazy-legs

This is too cringeworthy to watch.
    What genius thought that Cheesy Wotsits in a VIP box was a good idea??

Pook

a parody of middle management types

Whereas i recognise a lot of them….

theotherjonv

most middle management is already a parody of middle management, full of cliche-speak and skulltwattery. This just turns it up to 11.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Is it like Trump? Or Dragon’s Den? If so, I’m out.

Rich_s

Boom

Boom

BOOM.

cinnamon_girl

Good wasn’t it. 😀

jambalaya
    Free Member

Felt a bit for Ansia but she wasn’t going to win it overall so as good a week as any. Charles is only 24, what a fuddy duddy ! I am surprised he lasted as long as he did.

I thought the housemates reaction was priceless, more dinner plus Michaela’s put down of Harrison.

the-muffin-man

I still can’t see a winner yet. There are usually a couple of stand-outs by now.

Elizabeth seems to be the one set up as a buffoon to start with, but seems to be the only one with an ounce of common sense!

I’d have bought Sarah back in and sacked her as well.

wwaswas

shame he got fired really, he seemed one of the saner ones.

globalti
    Free Member

There is only one small redeeming feature, which is that S’rAlan is a cyclist.

I can’t watch the show though as the crass idiocy upsets me. As somebody else says above that show has probably done more damage than anything else to the image of business and industry in young people’s minds.

razorrazoo

The issue is that in the chase for the sort of narcissist buffoons that want to parade their idiocy on national TV, they neglect to actually ‘cast’ anyone based on actually being any good at ‘business’.

Most of them are in their early twenties, and don’t have the first clue abut what they’re doing (Charles – Management Consultant, 24 – ie just done the grad scheme)

Some may end up being great assets to their employers or make a load of money on their own (most seem to have their own business, which is no surprise as there is no-one to tel them what they are doing wrong), but at the moment just don’t have any real world experience and it shows – it’s all just mouth.

binners

Last nights episode was an eye-opener in showing that idiots with more money than sense loving pet owners will pay daft money for literally any old shit

the-muffin-man

Last nights episode was an eye-opener in showing that idiots with more money than sense loving pet owners will pay daft money for literally any old shit

I couldn’t believe the size of that dog grooming ‘spa’ – most dog groomers round our way operate from a big shed!

razorrazoo

binners – Member

Or indeed to have any old sh!t cleaned up!

I’m sure all these ‘customers’ are set up, not just the ones that they have to pitch to.

crazy-legs

I’m sure all these ‘customers’ are set up, not just the ones that they have to pitch to.

Set up in as much as they have to be spoken to beforehand by the production team to get permission to be filmed which is why these tasks of them running round aimlessly trying to buy from and sell/pitch to random peole always seem to take so long.

The production team has gone in there beforehand, obtained all the necessary permissions and then the candidates do the “walk up, knock on door” thign.

Last night’s was too cringeworthy to even watch in places. Although watching the first 10 minutes of You’re Fired on BBC2 afterwards, Andrew actually came across very well and the crowd seemed very on board with him.

razorrazoo

^^^^^^

Exactly. It also concerning when, on the food manufacturing tasks, they can just walk into a pub/restaurant off the street and sell them a load of burgers or such like – if I was the owner of a food business I’d not want my customers seeing that I’m prepared to buy food from any old chancer that walks through my door with a ‘bargain’). It’s like an episode of Only Fools and Horses.

the-muffin-man

Looking forward to tonights show – traditionally the best one of the series! 😀

cozz
    Free Member

Claude is gonna hand them their arses

jimmy

First episode I’ve seen this series.

Mikaela… 😯

fatmax

Dennis Taylor you mean?

pondo

At least she had an entrepeneurial (sp?) track record – nothing against the other two but I’m not minded to watch the final now. 🙁

This is always the best episode -Claude, Claudette and Mike are just brill, but the other lady was a bit like a crap John Humphries, speaking over the top of every answer.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Well that’s me done… Anyone who tell Alan he ain’t getting mates rates is a worthy winner

Kryton57

For some reason thats the first time ive focused in Joanne’s body, Crikey…

Anyone watch the extras program, wtf did June Sarpong think she was doing with that hair…

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘The Apprentice’ is closed to new replies.