Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • The Annual Passporte registration thread…..
  • mayan
    Free Member

Anyone else hitting F5 waiting for 9am ??!!

dazzlingboy

Yes

mayan
    Free Member

And it’s crashed ……

dazzlingboy

I think it has crashed already…

mossimus
    Free Member

Yes, aiming for Chatel start on the Saturday

mayan
    Free Member

Anyone got to the registration page yet?

Slacks
    Free Member

No joy here.

If you all stop for a minute, I’ll let you know how I get on with out you.

flap_jack
    Free Member

In. Morzine, friday. Now 4 months to worry about which tyres…

mossimus
    Free Member

I cannot even get the link to registartion to work

dazzlingboy

ggrrrrr

Alex

mate reckons he’s in. The rest of us are on the refresh button. Looks like they’ve taken the registration bit off line. off to a meeting now so no idea if they’ll be any spaces left when I get back 🙁

flap_jack
    Free Member

the site navigation seems completely random. Keep at it and good luck.

dazzlingboy

yes – was all sorted then crashed at the payment stage. Had to start again with a different email address.

Slacks
    Free Member

Just managed it, Morzine on Sunday. It said there were 170 spots left.

woolymonster
    Free Member

It was a drama, but in for Morzine on Sunday (want another shot at the biblical weather from last year :))

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

I’m in. Morzine on Friday.

dazzlingboy

shambles – crashed again – wide variety of error messages being received. bottom line – their system can’t take the pressure. Am persevering.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Booked for Morzine on Friday! 😀

Took quite a few attempts though.

Alex

Chatel full for sat, switched to champery. still not quite there yet. Hope we can switch some friends between start points but best get everyone in

dazzlingboy

In! 3 of us for Les Gets on Friday. Fairly stressful hour there.

Alex

crashed at payment, so close and yet… 😉

Alex

bored now. think I’ll just go to alps and ride some other stuff.

Alex

ok in, Champery. We have 6 of us there and one at Chatel. So if anyone wants a swap on the Saturday, be happy to do that.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Now I’ve got the entry (Friday, Morzine) I suppose I’d better work out how I’m going to get there and where to stay. Any recommendations for accommodation, or is there camping within riding distance of the start?

shadowrider
    Free Member

Les Gets on Friday for me, mate booked it for all 8 of us, had a nightmare apparently and had to split it into 2 booking of 4. Chalet and flights already booked, can’t wait

mrbeach
    Free Member

Hi Mostly Balanced. Also booked in for Morzine on the Friday with my son. Notice from your profile that you are Totton based as we are too. We drove last year and managed to camp at a Les Marmottes which is just outside Morzine. It’s only a couple of miles ride into Morzine from there. We drove last year but are looking to fly this year

eyerideit
    Free Member

We’re driving to Morzine on the Wednesday, to arrive Thursday for a bit of a practice (not been to the Alps before). Then do the Passporte friday, ride some more on Sat then return Sunday.

As for accommodation, if we can get an STW Morzine collective together maybe we could rent one of the big Chalets, that way it’ll be much cheapness for all involved.

Chalet and flights already booked, can’t wait

Now that’s organised.

Alex

we’ve booked the places. On Thursday we’re going to the pub to work out exactly how to morph that into a weeks riding. Not helped by one mate who appears to have booked two places. One in each country 😉

tomstickland
    Free Member

If anyone is looking for a bike friendly chalet then we’ve stayed here a few times: http://www.skimorzine.com/summer-in-morzine/morzine-bike

Regarding Passportes. If you miss registration completely then you can still do the loop on a standard lift pass. You just don’t get the free food and drink (unless you’re cheeky).

Deneo
    Free Member

In case you missed my post –

Yesterday after much stress, keyboard tapping, website crashing, and general French faffing I managed to secure tickets for this years Passportes. However during the whole shenanigans I now have 5 tickets and only need 2. The spare tickets are for the Saturday race, 2 leaving from Morzine and the other leaving from Avoriaz (dont ask).

So before I head back to the organisers and ask for a refund on these 3 tickets I thought I’d put it out there and see if anyone wants them first. Cost is €79, this includes a top.

I’m posting this on other sites so its first come first served.

Cheers

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

@MrBeach and eyerideit, I’d be up for a STW Collective accommodation.
    Easyjet aren’t opening up bookings for Bournemouth to Geneva until mid April but I’m considering driving the van and packing the road bike too. If I do drive I’d happily transport any kit for anyone reasonably local to Southampton.

atlaz
    Free Member

Deneo – Is it possible to get refunds later? I quite fancy doing it starting in Morzine but I’ve got the mega, the marmotte and maybe mountain of hell to get through in the following weeks so might want to get a refund closer to the time. If it’s possible, I’m in.

Edit – Ah, nevermind, quite fancied the Friday. Need to give some thought

cardo

Try these guys in Morzine/ Montriond they have a big chalet, run by a great couple , we stayed there last year.. can hold up to 35 guests, not expensive and a relatively flat ride to the centre of Morzine for the lifts.

Progressive ask for Zeb

frosty87
    Free Member

For anyone looking for accommodation I’d recommend the guys at wildbike – wildbike passportes du soleil trip

I’ve ridden with them in the UK and had a great time. Shame time and funds didn’t allow me to go for this one too 🙁

chakaping
    Free Member

Is it possible to get refunds later?

You can get cancellation insurance for 3 euros when you sign on.

If you want to ride on Friday, see if there are any spaces left from Avoriaz. It’s only a short trip up the hill from Morzine if you have a vehicle.

mrbeach
    Free Member

@ Mostly Balanced, what dates are you looking to go. More than happy to try and link up especially regarding accommodation.

atlaz
    Free Member

Two of us, Friday Montriond. Only issue for the other person is transport, I’m driving as it’s only 5 hours

atlaz
    Free Member

If the booking is for Montriond/Les Lindarets, is it starting from the Lindarets lifts?

Deneo
    Free Member

atlaz, Let me know if you change your mind for the Saturday. I’ve emailed the organisers and asked for a refund meantime, didn’t take the cancellation insurance but hoping given the shambles of the registration they will see fit and refund.

D

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

@Mr Beach. I’m currently thinking of leaving Thursday and returning Sunday. If you want to contact me directly see my shop’s Facebook page here.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘The Annual Passporte registration thread…..’ is closed to new replies.