• This topic has 884 replies, 162 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by jimw.
Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 885 total)
  • The All Night Election Results Thread
  • jekkyl

lol. Look at that face.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

In the dealing room here…. the cheer for Farage not getting in wasn’t quite as loud as Balls getting thrown out…. but it was still pretty loud.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Wonder if the Tories will offer Scottish Secretary post to the SNP?

No, they won’t. They get a majority, albeit slim, they will form a cabinet of tories only

allthepies
    Free Member

You failed.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Ro5ey; What do you think will happen with regard to the grexit? Might it be as close as May 11th?

Lifer
    Free Member

mefty – Member
    Farage makes 2nd easily

Bless

DrJ

For that you need intelligent argument and logic (or a leader who can eat a bacon sandwich).

Unfortunately the electorate consider these as equal qualifications.

Smudger666

pedantmode

They’ve been decimated

they’ve been more than decimated – that’s to reduce by 10% (after the romans’ trick of killing one man in ten as a punishment.

/pedantmode

sorry, its one of my pet peeves.

ononeorange

Allthepies: fair enough. True though.

midlifecrashes

they’ve been decimated

Sheesh, has no one read their latin primer this morning? Decimation would be the removal of one tenth of their force. They have been heavily defeated, routed even, and close to annihilation, but way, way more that decimation.

What have the Romans ever done for us, etc, mutter…

midlifecrashes

Oi, Smudger, what’s the Latin for fist bump?

bruneep

Lots of contenders for I’m a celebrity ex politician get me a career bost.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@smudger, very interesting. Is it not to reduce 90% though, that would make more sense as to go from 10 to 9 isn’t so bad ?

the-muffin-man

Ro5ey
    Free Member

No … ohnohesback… (as much as you want the end of the world… or even a just a little bit of anarchy anywhere to get your rocks off … wierd !?! )… it ain’t going to happen.

Greece has been patched up how many times now… this time will not be any different… sorry to disappoint

jambalaya
    Free Member

George Galloway gone!

In fact properly trounced? Fantastic!

@ninfan
    yes yes yes ! We just need the Tower Hamblets ex-mayor in jail now.

TiRed

How hard is it to win a seat? Twice as easy as average if you are SNP, only 80x harder if you are UKIP. Figures from BBC results page.

PARTY SEATS VOTES VOTES/SEAT RATIO
    DUP 8 184,260 23,033 1.0
    SNP 56 1,454,426 25,972 1.1
    SDLP 3 99,809 33,270 1.4
    CON 321 11,047,519 34,416 1.5
    LAB 228 9,186,115 40,290 1.7
    SINN 4 176,232 44,058 1.9
    UUP 2 114,935 57,468 2.5
    PLYD 3 181,694 60,565 2.6
    LIB 8 2,324,349 290,544 12.6
    GRN 1 1,125,259 1,125,259 48.9
    UKIP 1 3,785,499 3,785,499 164.4
    TOTAL 635 29,680,097 46,740 2.0

mefty
    Free Member

@smudger, very interesting. Is it not to reduce 90% though, that would make more sense as to go from 10 to 9 isn’t so bad ?

No 1 in 10 I was wrong as I was about Farage coming third, hence my post about him coming second.

br
    Free Member

Are lollipop ladies still needed? In the 70’s and 80’s when primary school kids walked to school on their own, then yes they were important. But most kids of that age get dropped-off at the school gates now.

Either you don’t get out much, or you don’t get out much…

nostoc
    Free Member

Usage

Historically, the meaning of the word decimate is ‘kill one in every ten of (a group of people)’. This sense has been more or less totally superseded by the later, more general sense ‘kill, destroy, or remove a large proportion of’, as in the virus has decimated the population. Some traditionalists argue that this is incorrect, but it is clear that it is now part of standard English.

Smudger666

fist bump – pugnus gibba

Hail fellow Pedant!

hora
    Free Member

Just had a relook at the debt mountain – £1.5trillion. £500bn higher under Tories/Lib. So for lower taxes we are paying more in the future……

Another credit card economy in the making.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

so if ed is going, who are the frontrunners to replace him. Yvette Cooper has already been mentioned but who else is there?

Seriously…….Tony Blair.

ononeorange

Oh get away – that blasted crook? A sure fire way for labour to poll no votes at all.

Smudger666

come on Hora – even you can do better maths than that!

of course the debt is higher – we’ve been running a DEFICIT.

reduce the deficit to zero THEN you can start reducing the debt.

the point is that the deficit wouldn’t have been reduced as much as it has/will be if we had tax/borrow and spend labour Govt meaning more borrowing in the future.

aracer
    Free Member

Oh balls (no, not that one, he’s gone). Labour overtook the LibDems as I predicted, but I forgot about UKIP, they’re in second place. Tory majority as huge as predicted.

Hoping the local election results don’t mirror that at all…

AdamW
    Free Member

Before I sign off and do some real work, I’d like to remind all the tories here:

IT’S ALL YOUR FAULT WE NOW HAVE TO KEEP KATIE HOPKINS IN THIS COUNTRY.

Talk about dominatrix-fetishes, I reckon that’s the only reason they vote that way! 😉

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Oh get away – that blasted crook? A sure fire way for labour to poll no votes at all.

At the very least, Mandy running as a close adviser to David Milliband.

Besides the Brits like a crook.

We won’t see Labour get in until the mid 2030’s with the other lot.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

hora – Member
    Just had a relook at the debt mountain – £1.5trillion. £500bn higher under Tories/Lib.

Bloody austerity hey!?!

mefty
    Free Member

Big increase in majority for Danczuk in Rochdale, one of the few Labour MPs to understand the UKIP threat.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Before I sign off and do some real work, I’d like to remind all the tories Scots here:

Talk about dominatrix-fetishes, I reckon that’s the only reason they vote that way!

Stockholm syndrome ?

wwaswas

Farage has resigned.

ninfan
    Free Member

No we don’t, we’re sending her to Scotland as head of PR!

bencooper
    Free Member

No we don’t, we’re sending her to Scotland as head of PR!

Fantastic, better get started on the Wicker Man. Is bile flammable?

ransos
    Free Member

Big increase in majority for Danczuk in Rochdale, one of the few Labour MPs to understand the UKIP threat.

What did he do to counter it?

D0NK

Nate Silver didn’t do too well did he?

digga
    Free Member

teamhurtmore – Member

hora – Member
    Just had a relook at the debt mountain – £1.5trillion. £500bn higher under Tories/Lib.

Bloody austerity hey!?[/quote]One possible scenario is that with a clear playing field, the Cons may now set to work addressing this issue with more urgency – get the pain out of the way early on in their new term of office.

IMHO one thing for sure is that we have no right to expect future generations to cover the cost of our current mess.

bencooper
    Free Member

get the pain out of the way

That’s a good euphemism for “make sure many more people die without help and many more children are in poverty”.

jambalaya
    Free Member

UKIP polled more votes than Lib Dems and SNP combined. Lib Dems close to double SNP vote. SNP about same as Greens.

jambalaya
    Free Member

That’s a good euphemism for “make sure many more people die without help and many more children are in poverty”.

£550bn spent on welfare in the last 5 years. £150bn a year in welfare going forward. Perhaps we need to spend that a bit better rather than just thinking the solution is to spend more ?

Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 885 total)

The topic ‘The All Night Election Results Thread’ is closed to new replies.