Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 104 total)
  • The after life
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

anyone here believe in this stuff :::
    i do… heres one for you…one of my dogs passed away 2 year ago and the anniversary has recently passed of that…. this morning i woke up in floods of tears…i dreamt about my dog and at the end of my dream it was so real like she was realy there and for a split second there was an aura of light when i awoke…wierd but so real….
    in the passed in my house ive seen a wierd mist a couple of times very unexplainable… and when i told my hubby about it he said he had seen the same mist previously but hadnt wanted to tell me…lol….. there are things out there just watching and coming to see you at the rite times…. 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

dont believe but if it gives you comfort ..will this be rainbow bridge again?

tazzymtb

nah, everything we “see” is processed data from our perceptual buffers, social conditioning and our brains will try and make sense or patterns out of chaos, you are basically just a mentalist 😀

iDave
    Free Member

no need for a kettle, i have a flask

KT1973
    Free Member

Bless

HermanShake
    Free Member

After losing a friend I kept “seeing” him (similar looking strangers) for ages afterwards. We perceive the reality we want/need/are told to. If that is yours and it works for you then go with it, I fear there may be a rather opposing retort from teh forum.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Last night I dreamt I was running on all fours after a beautiful lady on a bike. I kept running and bounding and leaping, I was literally biting at her heels. As I got closer and closer I could smell her feet, then she rode past a butchers and I got distracted, then I caught site of a marxist cat called ernie and got distracted again.

compositepro
    Free Member

I think the idea of conservation of energy could be applied

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

it was so real like she was realy there and for a split second there was an aura of light when i awoke…wierd but so real….

If she comes back tonight do you think you could ask if she’s seen my cat ?

He is tabby, goes by the name of Ernie, and he died on the 17th of Nov at 11am.

Ta.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

I believe in reintarnation – coming back to life as a hillbilly.

KT1973
    Free Member

stuartie_c – Member

I believe in reintarnation – coming back to life as a hillbilly.

pmsl. goldarnit!

chewkw
    Free Member

According to my Jewish engineering mate when we died we turn into carbon. End off. But then he refused to will me his property and refused to tell me his future arrangement once he is died. Weird because I am sure he cannot live in the same property once he turns carbon.

elaine anne,

Yes, they will come back for a visit. Some might stay for a while others will be back to say the last goodbye before moving on.

🙂

scaredypants

I believe in reintarnation – coming back to life as a hillbilly

Did you make that up – it’s splendid !

iDave
    Free Member

elaine anne,

Yes, they will come back for a visit. Some might stay for a while others will be back to say the last goodbye before moving on.

And you think this because??

As a matter of interest, where are they coming back from?

tazzymtb

where are they coming back from?

have you not read “pet cemetery”? LOCK THE DOORS!

iDave
    Free Member

Actually I remembered I was told my first dog went to a nicer farm with more dogs to play with…..

Spin
    Free Member

At times like this it pays to ask yourself ‘What Would Feynman Say’

This is an account of a conversation with the great man:

Once we were talking about the supernatural and the following anecdote involving his first wife Arline came up. Arline had tuberculosis and was confined to a hospital while Feynman was at Los Alamos. Next to her bed was an old clock. Arline told Feynman that the clock was a symbol of the time that they had together and that he should always remember that. Always look at the clock to remember the time we have together, she said. The day that Arline died in the hospital, Feynman was given a note from the nurse that indicated the time of death. Feynman noted that the clock had stopped at exactly that time. It was as if the clock, which had been a symbol of their time together, had stopped at the moment of her death. Did you make a connection? I asked “NO! NOT FOR A SECOND!” he said “I immediately began to think how this could have happened. And I realized that the clock was old and was always breaking. That the clock probably stopped some time before and the nurse coming in to the room to record the time of death would have looked at the clock and jotted down the time from that. I never made any supernatural connection, not even for a second. I just wanted to figure out how it happened.”

Hohum
    Free Member

I am going to be cremated when I die (I told my wife that tonight and she wasn’t very happy), so I reckon there isn’t going to be much left of me to come back.

Then again, that conflicts with some of the stuff I have learned about spirituality.

Hmmm, I am confused.

chewkw
    Free Member

So for you scientists I suggest you try out this experiment if you have a pet which is near departing.

By a bottle of perfume with scent that you never associate with (try not to smell it just in case you bias the experiment) then just before your pet draw its last breath spray some onto its body. But cover your nose etc so you’re not contaminated with the scent. Take shower immediately after. Do not tell anyone in the family that you have scent marked the body of your dead pet. Do not use the perfume as it might bias the experiment.

The next test … sit and wait for the next few days to see if the scent come back to your house. If any of your family members smell the scent then you have a result.

If so then you pet is back to say the last good bye. If not then you are a tight bar-Stewarts that never treated it well while it was alive.

Same technique can be applied to human … 🙂

marvincooper

Why is the dream about the dog not just a dream about a dog? And why is the mist not just mist? Can’t see anything too weird about either.

tazzymtb

Chewkw- why would an animal come back to it’s captors, you’ve denied it’s freedom to roam, hunt in packs, and it’s probably a hideous genetic mutant through some evil selective breeding program and then to top it all off you want to spray it with a human scent so even if there was an “afterlife” it gets to spend it not being able to hunt the heavenly rabbits, ‘cos it smells like a tarts boudoir.

chewkw
    Free Member

iDave – Member

And you think this because??

As a matter of interest, where are they coming back from?

…. Attachment.

Past life association i.e. when it was alive it had a loving family.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So perfume can cross from this life, to the afterlife, and then back again chewkw ? Well I never knew that.

I shall take a bottle of perfume with me next time I visit someone on their deathbed.

Thanks for the tip 8)

chewkw
    Free Member

tazzymtb – Member

Chewkw- why would an animal come back to it’s captors, …

Not all captors are of vile nature. Some are rescued animals and lovingly taken care of like a member of the family.

ernie_lynch – Member

So perfume can cross from this life, to the afterlife, and then back again chewkw ? Well I never knew that.

I am no scientist so not sure how that works but try it out. Experiment it yourself to find out if that is true or false.

Or try another technique. Use baby powder and sprinkle it on the floor where you can see paw prints. See if there is paw prints but if there is other prints … if other prints appeared … then freak out.

🙂

marvincooper

Why don’t wasps come back smelling of wasp-killer spray I wonder…

tazzymtb

or cows come back smelling of burger?

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

chewkw – Member

So for you scientists I suggest you try out this experiment if you have a pet which is near departing.

By a bottle of perfume with scent that you never associate with (try not to smell it just in case you bias the experiment) then just before your pet draw its last breath spray some onto its body. But cover your nose etc so you’re not contaminated with the scent. Take shower immediately after. Do not tell anyone in the family that you have scent marked the body of your dead pet. Do not use the perfume as it might bias the experiment.

The next test … sit and wait for the next few days to see if the scent come back to your house. If any of your family members smell the scent then you have a result.

Whatever you’ve been smoking must be good stuff 😆

chewkw
    Free Member

marvincooper – Member

Why don’t wasps come back smelling of wasp-killer spray I wonder…

They might have but perhaps they could not be bothered as there is not immediately attachment or association with you. i.e. life’s too short to bother with and they have move on.

tazzymtb – Member

or cows come back smelling of burger?

Applying scientific rationality … do you have cows as pets in your house? 😆

MarkBrewer – Member

Whatever you’ve been smoking must be good stuff

LOL! Try the experiment yourself but try not to freak out if it appears to be true. Yes, try not to smoke some shite as that will bias the experiment.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I am no scientist

I guessed that you might not have been.

“Intuition” you could say.

duntstick
    Free Member

Oh dear…… get a grip!

chewkw
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member

I guessed that you might not have been.

“Intuition” you could say.

But isn’t applying scientific inquiry the way forward?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Absolutely. I’ll buy some baby powder tomorrow.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

I am no scientist

Applying scientific rationality

So, are you a boffin or not? I’m having trouble deciding.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

“Aspiring scientist” I think.

chewkw
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member

Absolutely. I’ll buy some baby powder tomorrow.

What are you trying to investigate? Strange anomaly in your house?

chewkw
    Free Member

stuartie_c – Member

So, are you a boffin or not? I’m having trouble deciding.

Nope. Am not a boffin.

But am I wrong in saying that it can be “scientifically”, in a control environment, tested?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

What are you trying to investigate? Strange anomaly in your house?

Well yeah of course……I want to know if my cat is coming back a night to see me.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

“The product of delta x and delta p is greater than equal to h-bar divided by two”

Was that Werner Heisenberg or Mystic Meg?

stuartie_c
    Free Member

But am I wrong in saying that it can be “scientifically”, in a control environment, tested?

Probably, though I’m not sure what the question means.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

BTW RE :

See if there is paw prints but if there is other prints … if other prints appeared … then freak out.

What “other prints” might I see ?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘The after life’ is closed to new replies.