Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 161 total)
  • The A&A/Kylie thread (again)…. A VOTE
  • fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

b and please can we give this up now please for the sake of the children 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

Can someone please total up the votes now.

Ta

Lifer
    Free Member

Any vote is invalid unless there’s at least 50% turnout, surely? 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

Since when?

Lifer
    Free Member

Well you’ve got to have rules for these things, if nobody called it at the beginning that’s just tough!

hugorune

B / C

Arguing with TJ is in itself the definition of insanity – repeating the same thing over and over and expecting different results every time. He has an opinion which is frequently different from the majority (for whatever reason) and he will not change it. Have a few deep breaths, accept this as innevitable and move on.

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

B

luked2
    Free Member

Good grief.

I go away for a weekend’s cycling and come back to this nonsense!

stumpynya12
    Free Member

E

footflaps

B and D

sharkbait
    Free Member

B baby

Who’s TJ?

DezB
    Free Member

C

But if A&A is banned it has to be a better reason than either
    1. It’s sexist (it’s not) or
    2. TJ doesn’t like it because he still thinks he’s a “new man”

OP needs to now count the votes.

DezB
    Free Member

He has an opinion which is frequently different from the majority (for whatever reason) and he will not change it.

Preeeecisely – however, you forgot ” but he expects other people to change their’s.”

Junkyard
    Free Member

Dez Can you not just read nuts magazine every Friday rather than have A & A …you will probably approve of it’s non sexist libertarian approach to women in the 21st Century.

donsimon
    Free Member

Dez Can you not just read nuts magazine every Friday rather than have A & A

Can all the photography questioners go to DPReview?
    Can all the car questioners go to Pistonheads?
    Can all the hi-fi/TV questioners go to AVforums?
    Can all the what Welsh trail questioners ro to MTBWales?
    Etc, etc.
    The mix is what makes this place intersting and the only forum I frequent, the tolerance is what has made it tick over for the last few years.
    Mark has given his reaction and reasons. That should be enough, if anyone is not happy with the rules, they have the right to cancel their account and not participate.
    Asking for the A&A thread to be removed is not a sign of tolerance. 😥
    Live and let live.
    I bring you peas. 😕

pault41
    Free Member

B most definetly ,livens friday up . 🙂 🙂 😉

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

B

jeff

B/C

beamers

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA(rrrrrgggghhhhhhh)

Oh, hang on I mean B.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Asking for the A&A thread to be removed is not a sign of tolerance

Wow can you tell me it is a form of censorship as well in case I have not noticed.
    Oh right they are asking questions on A & A then are they? – ok that is my pedantic point over with as well as my sarccy one.

I see what you mean Don and it is just a matter of taste opinion. I dont get all irate and in a twiss over A & A I just ignore it. I do find it odd that it exists whilst STW are trying to clean up the family forum and ban swearing etc. Diversity is good but I just find that is an excuse to have a bit of a perv /leer over the female form. You either think that is ok or not basically. I dont have a massive problem with that either but there are other far more suitable places to do that IMHO than on here. There are very few female MTBers and very few women on here. I dont think this encourages them to join in any more than a thread with innuendo about Nigella Lawson breasts when she cooks etc
    Of course STW do not agree so it is a pointless debate.

donsimon
    Free Member

Of course STW do not agree so it is a pointless debate.

Now you’ve got it. 😉

DezB
    Free Member

Junkyard – Member
    Dez Can you not just read nuts magazine every Friday rather than have A & A …you will probably approve of it’s non sexist libertarian approach to women in the 21st Century.

I hope that’s a joke !

You may (or probably not) notice that I hardly ever contribute to the actual sexist threads (eg. the Nigella ones).

The A&A isn’t sexist. You can stick your Nuts magazine up your backside. (Maybe you already do?)

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

do you really mean Libertarian? not Liberal or librarian?

Kevevs
    Free Member

well said Donsimon

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Right I’ve just counted up the votes.

A = 3
    B = 692 (this includes Sandi Toksvig’s et al)
    C = 215

Can we stop now please?

johnners
    Free Member

Right I’ve just counted up the votes.

A = 3
    B = 692 (this includes Sandi Toksvig’s et al)
    C = 215

There are 40 posts per page, and less than 4 full pages (so far).

Where do you get 910 votes from?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

He bought some from the internet.

Kevevs
    Free Member

haha get a life.. sun’s out, I’m off for a spin…. (but I posted this)

Junkyard
    Free Member

Dez the nigella bit was a reply to another poster and only indicative of threads on here I have no idea why you might think that was aimed at you tbh.
    Personally I am more offended that you think I buy Nuts magazine than where you think I store it but it seemed a tad unecessary comment just because we disagree over where the sexism line should be drawn

do you really mean Libertarian? not Liberal or librarian?

Having just checked what it meant NO 😳

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Liberian?

clubber
    Free Member
    TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

There are 40 posts per page, and less than 4 full pages (so far).

Where do you get 910 votes from?

I got them from Florida. Are you calling shenanigans on my vote count? Pah. I take some time out to add up the votes and that’s how you repay me!

*starts up flouncing music*

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpmILPAcRQo[/video]

DezB
    Free Member

Dez the nigella bit was a reply to another poster and only indicative of threads on here I have no idea why you might think that was aimed at you tbh.
    Personally I am more offended that you think I buy Nuts magazine than where you think I store it but it seemed a tad unecessary comment just because we disagree over where the sexism line should be drawn

So it’s ok for you to offend me, but not vice versa? Ah faggettaboadit.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I have no idea why that offended you or why it did to the extent you need to come out with that vitriolic* reply. Of course you can insult me if you wish I just wish I had done rather more to earn it
    * It is ok I googled it that word works fine …. I hope

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’m voting on behalf of smurfmatty as we all know he loves the A&A threads after he got my pole dancing video and myself banned.

B

as for my vote… if it can be found with google safe search turned on then i dont see why it shouldn’t be allowed on here, if people choose to respond in a sexual/non “safesearch” way then its them who need to be banned not the poster of the image.

D0NK

Dunno I try not to get worked up by it, I bow to my more PC forumites to inform me whether it’s sexist or not. The women who have voted don’t seem to mind so maybe it’s ok…..or maybe A&A/nigella threads have already alienated the ladies who do mind.

I’ve never thought of perving as a group sport TBH so I can’t see the point of it on here, there’s more suitable places etc.

Is this a family forum or not? if you lot are allowed to have a group perv on here I should be able to utter a few sweary words.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Of course you can insult me if you wish I just wish I had done rather more to earn it

It’s not too late Junkyard, it sounds to me you have some residual offending to do, for the sake of balance

epicyclo

If A&A and the Kylie thread are banned, would the female contributors to STW please wear burkas in case we get impure thoughts imagining what they look like.

STW should also then photoshop burkas onto all female cyclists shown in the mag.

The offensiveness of a proper A&A pic lies behind the eyes of the viewer.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

epicyclo, that’s why I wear these…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVcyNANK5cY[/video]

(Yes, it is safe for work)

donsimon
    Free Member

I should be able to utter a few sweary words.

But you can dear boy, it’s not prohibited.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 161 total)

The topic ‘The A&A/Kylie thread (again)…. A VOTE’ is closed to new replies.