Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 156 total)
  • The 2021 BLACK FRIDAY-TRACKWORLD thread
  • neilnevill
    Free Member

It’s not far off, I’ve already had an email about early deals, that weekend that’s now at least a week of rather disappointing (but yet everyone has heard of somebody that got a 60″ TV for a tenner) deals. Black Friday!

I am never bothered, but this year o is have a couple of things in looking for a couple of things anyway so if I can save a few quid, brilliant.

So, post up and share your best bargain deals, and what you’re hunting for in they hope others may help you find they bargain.

I’m after a dualit toaster, Nevill towers is sans toast until we get a new one.

Also on the hunt for a quality 1/2″ router.

kirkg
    Free Member

On the hunt for a deal on a Apple 4K tv for zwift and a barbie dream house this year.

Can’t bring myself to pay £250 for a big lump of plastic.

woody2000

@kirkg – I’ve got an apple TV 4k for sale, drop me a message if you’re interested 👍

ElShalimo

It’s just another rubbish festival of consumerism where the vendors offload crap we don’t need, at not much of a bargain prices….and we wonder why the planet is doomed

🤦

I’ve only ever bought 1 thing in a BF “sale” which was a Canon digicam I was going to buy any way

davros

Crap we don’t need like bike bits. Here’s some crap someone might need want:

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/spank-oozy-35-mtb-handlebar-with-split-35-stem/rp-prod202939

One of the better bike bits deals I’ve seen.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

If anyone sees a good deal on 18v DeWalt XR tools, especially the SDS drill or multitool please post.

Or a plunge saw though don’t need cordless there

Also a security camera with a floodlight.

weeksy

Mostly Silverstone GP on the motorbike…

lunge

It’s just another rubbish festival of consumerism where the vendors offload crap we don’t need, at not much of a bargain prices….and we wonder why the planet is doomed

There is some truth in thus.
    But.
    If there’s something specific you want and would buy anyway, and Black Friday enables you to get it at a cheaper price then that’s no bad thing.
    For me, there’s a couple of Garmin products I’d like (a fitness band and a running watch) and some new running shoes.

matt_outandabout

^ that.

Tracey

Had some good deals in the past, Lyriks, Carbon wheels and a Tourneo custom. Cant think of anything we need at the moment and have had two cracking deals this month on 40% of some Fox 36s and 50% of a 2022 FOX Factory X2.

flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

Nukeproof carbon bars for £50
    31.8mm diameter from chain reaction.
    I bought some last year for the p7 and very impressed with them

Carbon bars

DickBarton

As much as I hate this thought of falling in to the trap of buying stuff at reduced prices, I’m keen to see if there will be any deals on a Garmin InReach Mini as I’m keen to get one. I hate that I’m joining the ranks of looking to get a bargain price but at the same time, I’m moe than happy to save a few quid when it is a lot of cash.

zilog6128

If there’s something specific you want and would buy anyway, and Black Friday enables you to get it at a cheaper price then that’s no bad thing.

yeah exactly. IME it’s just an excuse for bigger retailers (supermarkets, currys, wiggle etc) to offload shite that hasn’t sold. Some of them even specifically manufacturer cheaper goods to sell at a “discount” on BF. However, now a lot of smaller/indie retailers, shops etc – who rarely or never discount normally – feel they have to get in on the act too so there are genuine discounts to be had. I’ve got a list of stuff I’m going to buy anyway at some point, so if I see any of it discounted on BF I’ll pull the trigger!

Going to keep an eye on some shiny home-brewing gear as I can see from google that some of the online shops have done nice BF deals in the past. 😃

Cougar

Last-gen Echo Dots are 2-for-1 at the moment.

Bugger off with your cynicism, don’t read threads you aren’t interested in.

ElShalimo

@Cougar – I don’t think I’m alone in thinking BF is mostly rubbish. If you’re looking for something specific and can manage get a good deal then great, otherwise it’s all a bit crap.

Has anyone seen any good deals on left knees? Mine is goosed.

☹️

andybrad

line them up!!!

BillOddie

If i can get 1/3 off a big ticket item that WASN’T discounted previously I’m all for it.

However, it’s not always the case…always check the camel

e.g.

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/product/B00OP26T4K

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/product/B07HYX9P88

Also, know what you want (down to the manufacturers part numbers) and don’t get suckered in!

andrewreay

Rutland offering to price match BF deals.

Rutland Cycles Black Friday Price Match Promise

grum
    Free Member

I’m a terrible online shopping bargain hunter magpie due to my ADD tendencies but I was massively underwhelmed by Black Friday last year – just seemed like a huge amount of hype and very few genuine/decent discounts.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Had some good deals in the past, …. 50% of a 2022 FOX Factory X2.

Perfect example of how crap Black Friday is, when else would you waste perfectly good money on half a shock?

reluctantjumper

I’m watching the pennies so no big purchases planned in the near future and all the stuff I need (29er tyres, chains and brake pads) are all in high demand with limited stock so no hope of any deals there. Also I learned a few years ago that you can usually find the bargains cheaper after Christmas anyway or even just before. Will keep an eye on the thread though as you never know what random deal some shop might throw out to get some traffic to their website!

Cougar

I don’t think I’m alone in thinking BF is mostly rubbish. If you’re looking for something specific and can manage get a good deal then great, otherwise it’s all a bit crap.

Hm. In that case, maybe it’d be useful if someone started a thread on an Internet forum somewhere in order to shout out any great bargains they find…?

scaled
    Free Member

Actually, i’ve been waiting for BF for months to buy the shit that I actually need.

I’ve had to rewrite this about 5 times because my keyboard keeps missing out letters and is completely fckd

lucky7500

I’ve been holding out to see if any firestick deals pop up. Thinking about it I picked up my Ion Scrub Amp shoes discounted last year and could maybe do with a backup pair.

ElShalimo

@scaled – the “u” and “e” key are working on your keyboard 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

all the stuff I need (29er tyres, chains and brake pads) are all in high demand with limited stock so no hope of any deals there

Superstar are doing 20% off brake pads for the rest of the month (code: BRAKE2021).

Think they have decent stock as they’ve not long re-started selling pads.

mashr

BillOddie
    However, it’s not always the case…always check the camel

Just checked the camel for the first time – possibly the last. Item I’m looking at says £224 on there, but £179 when I look at Amazon myself (not signed in, so nothing to do with Prime). Is it always like that?

LAT

but buying things you want and are going to buy anyway isn’t a defence against an accusation of consumerism.

Northwind

Got some socks from Wiggle. Good price for some woolie boolies and also the popular 100% Brisker glove.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

CRC actually have any of the 29 quid XTR cranks or 200 quid fox forks or was it just to draw to the site?

DT78
    Free Member

I’m after some 100mm 29er rebas or sids if anyone spots a decent deal.

If anyone is after a floodlight cam, eufy on Amazon is pretty well priced

rOcKeTdOg

I’ve knocked £5 off all the T shirts in my shop with a discount code, can’t link as not affiliated to STW and not fair to advertise on the back of their popularity.

oh and I’m looking for a podcast quality microphone (yeti blue or similar) if anyone sees one at a decent price, current RRP around £100

paulneenan76
    Free Member

I’d like an echo show 10 and a new Firestick.

5lab

Kinda want an echo show 15 but i doubt they’ll be discounted

weeksy
    whatgoesup

@DT78

I’m after some 100mm 29er rebas or sids if anyone spots a decent deal.

I’ve got a pair of 100mm Rebas on my Scandal SS that I’m contemplating selling swap to rigids if a used pair is of any interest. Bought in 2012 but in good condition and well maintained etc. 1/8 steerer, QR.

bikesandboots

ShockWiz £225 at Wiggle/CRC, caught my eye. It is a better price than usual, although they’ve been down to £180 before going by previous PSA threads on here.

doomanic

I got my Mobi for 50 quid a couple of years ago. I’ve seen it at full price briefly in the intervening years. It’s usually around £70-80 though.

Daffy

CRC Wiggle are doing some good deals on Selle saddles.

TiRed

Cycliq have their front and rear bike cams on offer. I left my old Fly 6 in France and the mark 1 Fly 12 is bricked, but I have ordered a new rear Fly 6. To be fair, they’ve now fixed the dreadful rear mounting that saw my original fall off and get lost. And they sent me a free replacement when I complained. But I left it in Albi by mistake.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 156 total)

The topic ‘The 2021 BLACK FRIDAY-TRACKWORLD thread’ is closed to new replies.