• This topic has 314 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 315 total)
  • the 2018 spring classics thread
  • Klunk
    Free Member

wout van aert rides into the hazard warning copper ! Don’t think luke had the legs for it losing 30secs on the first climb.

grim looking peloton 🙂

scaredypants

hmmmm, Tony hasn’t got his deep wheels on so I doubt he’s going for a 60k solo but he’s definitely testing them just now

Klunk
    Free Member

he’s, with help from bmc, smashed the peloton to bits! **** me that looked scarey!!! ;

lethal!!

this is getting brutal!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dirtyrider
    Free Member

carnage out there, no one can stay upright

Klunk
    Free Member

to busy looking over their shoulders 😉

Klunk
    Free Member

no escaping qsf on the cobbles

Klunk
    Free Member

nice weather !

scaredypants

Lol ! 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

what a bunch of muppets 🙂

another great race in atrocious conditions

scaredypants

Funny, I thought he’d been clever, going when only the sunweb guy was on his wheel (as I thought he looked the weakest).  Actually I think they ended up 1 & 2, so either the others were all knackered anyway or they CBA racing for 2nd

*shrugs*

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Not for the first time this season, there was a lot of ‘after you’ in the final today. I can’t remember it being this cagey – Milan San Remo when Nibbles slipped off the front, E3 with Terpstra, Valgren at Omloop and today. It makes for unpredictable results and might – might be an indication of how even the top end of the peloton are. The days of the likes of Boonen or Cancellara just riding people off their wheel have gone.

Who’s your money on for Sunday then? GVA seems to be lacking a little but could be a good bluffer, Sagan is coming into form, Naessens and Van Aert outside options for a Belgian win? Phil Gil seems strong but won’t be allowed to go on the Kwaremont like he did last year. Or even Valverde for an outside bet. It’ll be really open.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

It was a sneaky move, switching across the road to eye up the opposition. I liked that!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Valverde for De Ronde..

Van Aert in the top ten, GVA third.. unknown in second..

scaredypants

Hoping that 20 flat km at the end will be too much for valverde

If the weather’s bad, Van Aert might be a shout (though I reckon quite a few will be good enough at getting up slippy cobbled climbs and, again, 20km flat…)

Looks like weather will be relatively dry, wind “only” 10ish kmh.  Pete then, unless quickstep can pull a stunt in a gusty crosswind

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Quickstep have that many cards to play but they’ve screwed up in the past because they haven’t committed to a leader. They’ve had 7 winners of Belgian races this spring already. I’m gonna stick a tenner of Phil Gilbert doing it again.

Klunk
    Free Member

jobro
    Free Member

I would love to see van Wert win on Sunday but I’m going for the chap who beat him in Tuscany, Tiesj Benoot as my pick for the top spot. Having said that I would be very happy to see Sagan win after doing something bonkers as well.

jobro
    Free Member

They’ve had 7 winners of Belgian races this spring already. I’m gonna stick a tenner of Phil Gilbert doing it again.

Isn’t Gilbert saving himself for Roubaix to help him win the five monuments?

Klunk
    Free Member

what coming on sunday 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

more cobbled climbs

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve ridden the De Ronde course, it’s actually a really beautiful course. The landscape isn’t too dissimilar to the flatter lands of Lincolnshire then heading up North to the NYM’s and cobbled sectors. The climbs aren’t that hard, or long. Obvz that depends on what wattage you are pumping out at the time, but they only go on for about a couple of minutes or so if you attack them.

It’s a lovely route, one that I recommend anyone riding for a “to do” trip.

Klunk
    Free Member

bikebouy
    Free Member

ValvPiti’s out, Kwiak’s in so I shall just replace one with t’other..

Klunk
    Free Member

the cobbles await

nibbles on the recon

s

ky chatting about an early shower 😉

wout looking confident

and thinking kerching with a good or bad showing 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

Klunk
    Free Member

Klunk
    Free Member

damp & chilly start, the peloton doesn’t too keen to see bahrain merida going up the road 🙂

beej

Great how the coverage is from the very start, although not much early action. I’ll let it run in the background until the last 60km when I might start paying attention.

Klunk
    Free Member

bloody sunday drivers !

Klunk
    Free Member

obstinate peloton 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

sky are at the front of the peloton, have they been keeping their “powder dry” for today ?

Klunk
    Free Member

cobbles on the kwaremont looked rough 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

ds’s have cracked the whip on the peloton all on the drops and on the gas 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

qsf driving on the front after a big crash 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

the climbs are brutal but short, but having to keep on the gas over the top when well into the red must be must be a killer. still very open at the moment

chipster

Sagan’s been sitting on wheels all day. My tip for the win. 😊

Klunk
    Free Member

he’s ever present just behind the front 3 or 4 of the group of favourites it’s very ominous 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

here’s terpstra!

chipster

I saw Terpstra win the other week. It’ll be difficult for them to catch him.

Klunk
    Free Member

qsf making the wc work!

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 315 total)

The topic ‘the 2018 spring classics thread’ is closed to new replies.