• This topic has 314 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 315 total)
  • the 2018 spring classics thread
  • Klunk
    Free Member

kicks off this weekend with

Omloop Het Nieuwsblad on saturday

and

Kuurne-Bruxelles-Kuurne on Sunday

Klunk
    Free Member

looks like it’s going to be sunny but cold with a stiff easterly breeze

Klunk
    Free Member
    chakaping
    Free Member

Oh yes. Eurosport Player primed and ready here.

🙂

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Nice one – thanks for the heads-up….Every year I seem to forget the classics start this early….or is it just that the first 2 months of each year flashes by…who knows…

I’d love to see Stannard **** everyone over again at the Omloop (watch with about 5km to go):

Klunk
    Free Member

looks like the kind of day to hide in the pack 🙂

mrblobby
    Free Member

Good viewing this despite the commentary not having kicked in yet. 60k to go and it feels like it’s simmering nicely.

Klunk
    Free Member

bergs and narrow roads makes it very difficult for any one team to dominate, makes for good racing

legend
    Free Member

Steephill.tv again I assume?

EDIT: no dodgy English feed, might have to actually pay again this year

ugarizza
    Free Member

Is the lack of commentary normal? It’s a bit ghostly.

legend
    Free Member

I’ve commentary……. unfortunately it’s in Dutch. Check to see if another Eurosport channel is also showing it, sometimes commentary only comes through on one of the channels

mrblobby
    Free Member

Eurposport. They show the whole race on the player but the commentary only kicks in when it comes on the telly.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Some of those chaps aren’t wearing gloves ..

SaxonRider

Thank you so much for the reminder! I’ve got it streaming now.

legend
    Free Member

Anyone watching via Amazon? Can’t see it listed there which seems odd

mrblobby
    Free Member

Can you watch Eurosport via Amazon with a Eurosport player subscription or do you need to have purchased it via Amazon?

Good race btw, please not Astana though 🙁

legend
    Free Member

Needs a separate subscription through Amazon unfortunately. I had a grumble at them about this when it first came out. Annoying as it’s more expensive to add it to Amazon than it is to get Eurosport Player on its own – OTOH Id be able to watch via any TV/laptop/tablet/phone in the house.

Still don’t think today’s race was available through amazon anyway, which makes me reluctant to sign up

kilo

Kind of fizzled out over the last couple of km or so, shame Wout couldn’t place, I never like to see a winner from that team are we avoiding spoilers?

legend
    Free Member

Nah, spoilers allowed. You’re right about it fizzling out, wondered if it was just a language thing but doubted it

kilo

Astana played it well but they’ve been a dirty team who should have been binned years ago, maybe they’ve changed but I find it very difficult to enjoy any victory by them

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well Astana are in financial difficulty having not received their Government funding, possible they may fold… So Vino says.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Despite the Astana thing I quite like Valgren, mostly for his comments about Aru last year. Think they had 3 in the break so it was theirs to lose really. Good to see WVA at the sharp end too.

Klunk
    Free Member
    Klunk
    Free Member

last years winner of Kuurne

altitude training in spain 🙁

Klunk
    Free Member

the 2015 winner, out sprinting viviani and kristof

kilo

Good to see the evergreen, nearly 38 years old Valverde winnning in the desert and set well for the spring classics – how does he do it? I’d do the rolls eyes emoji if I knew how to:)

stevew
    Free Member

Eurosport player is no longer available on firestick but you can use it as an add on in the kodi app, still need a subscription tho but it works well.

Klunk
    Free Member

Omloop pics

kilo

Was quite a good race, so it’s Strada Bianchi and Dwars door West-Vlaanderen on the one day side and Paris Nice up next

scaredypants

Just watched the replay of K-B-K, that was some speed difference between Groenewegen and Demare in the sprint – either the latter’s off form (or was knackered) or else…

Klunk
    Free Member
    Klunk
    Free Member

le Samyn tomorrow

looking like a race for the hard men with temps not getting above freezing for the whole race

Klunk
    Free Member

nasty crash, not the kind of day to end up in a roadside ditch full of water. Again there  are riders with no gloves !

1x with discs in the break, crazy days we are living in 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

blimey some severe cobbleage there, nearly turfed the motocycle cameraman of his bike 🙂

mrblobby
    Free Member

Good racing there, enjoyed that. Gaudin got a right working over.

Now for SB and MSR 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Nice ride by Nikki..

Now looking forward to Strade Bianche (my favourite race of the season)

dovebiker

Strade Bianchi well-deserving of a modern monument because it’s such a great course – sector 7 from Asciano / Mt St Anne is brutal – the pros are on the big ring, in L’Eroica many amateurs are walking. What we really need some rain like the 2007 Giro and Wout Van Aert displaying his Flemish mud-riding stylee!

aP
    Free Member

What we really need some rain like the 2007 Giro and Wout Van Aert displaying his Flemish mud-riding stylee!

The weather forecast is for damp for the rest of the week in Siena…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 315 total)

The topic ‘the 2018 spring classics thread’ is closed to new replies.