Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • That's the way to get rich…
  • neilthewheel

my wife has keft a shopping list on the kitchen table, after some research on the web this morning. It reads:
    Golden jojoba oil 100ml £12
    Hand wash Rose and Geranium 2×1 Litre £42
    Etc
    Etc
    Not sure why golden jojoba oil is £120 a litre but i suspect the phrase “complete ****’ rip-off” might feature in any answer.

ThePinkster

Womens ‘care’ products are a law unto themselves.

How they can justify spending so much on snake oil. while us trying to spend a reasonable amount on bike bits that will make an actual measurable difference is a no-no beyond all comprehension baffles me completely.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Get your own back by leaving a shopping list of bike parts on the kitchen table.

mj27
    Free Member

Buy them in 5 litre quantities and they get much cheaper, the packaging and convenient size increase the price massively.

Same for shimano brake oil though!

wwaswas

My wife considered buying this sampler of M&S eye treatment.

£1500/litre!

DezB
    Free Member

I wish I could invent something like this –
    http://www.boots.com/en/Elizabeth-Arden-PREVAGE-Deep-Wrinkle-Filler-15ml_1697254/

£65 for 15ml 😯

women are nuts aren’t they

dknwhy

My friend’s wife uses some ridiculous face cream at £90ish which contains snake venom!

DezB
    Free Member

They fall for this crap:

Now, advanced with our exclusive ChronoluxCB ™ Technology, it helps significantly inhibit the appearance of visible damage: fine lines, crow’s feet, dark circles, puffiness, dryness and uneven texture. Rich, silky, gel creme leaves the entire eye area looking more youthful, vibrant and brighter.

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Synchronized Complex II 15ml
    Only £40

Check the Q&A with their scientist at the bottom of this page:
    http://www.boots.com/en/Estee-Lauder/Discover-Improved-New-Advanced-Night-Repair/

I Lol’ed

globalti
    Free Member

I work in the industry and I know the true cost of the raw materials that go into your personal care products. The trouble is, if the products were cheap nobody would think they were any good!

Just been looking at this bar of soap: http://www.muazo.co.uk/apothecary-c6/triumph-and-disaster-shearers-exfoliating-soap-p216

£9.95 a bar and it’s bog standard soap base (about £0.02 worth) perfumed with lemon terpenes (citrus degreaser) and some thyme oil but quite smart packaging and a smart price! The finished cost of that soap must be less than ten pence!

DezB
    Free Member

triumph-and-disaster-shearers-exfoliating-soap-p216

Ah, which brings us into “Old fashioned shaving”… 😆

cranberry
    Free Member

We really could do with a google translate setting for women’s beauty products over-priced gunk

‘Shearer’s Soap’ is made from a translucent base high in glycerin that makes it incredibly gentle on your skin.

It is soap

Poppy seeds assist exfoliation and provide a massaging effect that works

Made a bit gritty

in combination with our bespoke natural fragrance to create a complete cleansing experience.

We made it smell

‘Shearers soap’ is safe for the environment, Gentle on skin and strong on the nose.

It really is just soap

Use Daily for a superb all over body exfoliation.

If you don’t use it frequently you’ll smell, and not of lemons.

johndoh
    Free Member

Deep-Wrinkle-Filler-15ml

DezB
    Free Member

Meet Estée Lauder’s skincare expert
    We asked Dr. Nadine Pernodet, Executive Director of Skin Biology for Estée Lauder to tell us more about the new formulation in Advanced Night Repair.

Q: Why make your number one selling serum even better?
    At Estée Lauder, we never stop researching. It’s really important to us that we give women the very best products possible, so whenever we find a scientific innovation that could improve our products, we upgrade our formulas.

So we could put the price up and make some more dosh

Q: How long did it take to get this new improved formula?
    We started research on the natural skin renewal process four years ago. Once we made the breakthrough, we then had to create a new technology to address it, and then we had a testing phase, to make sure it had all the benefits we wanted.

Couple of mins really. to get it smelling nice

Q: What are the new benefits versus the old formula?
    By adding our new ChronoluxCBTM technology to the formula, we are now providing more comprehensive purification and synchronization technology designed to help the skin’s nightly renewal, so your skin looks smoother, more radiant and younger.

Are you having a laugh?

Q: What do you love most about this new product?
    I love the fact that this is something really innovative, that women are going to be able to see and feel the benefits. At the same time, we’ve managed to keep the texture, the scent and everything else women love about it exactly the same.

I bought a bigger house.

maccruiskeen

Not sure why golden jojoba oil is £120 a litre

I’ve just weighed the glueless puncture patches I’ve just bought and calculated they cost £1500/kilo

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve just weighed the glueless puncture patches I’ve just bought and calculated they cost £1500/kilo

You don’t smear them over your face on a daily basis though eh?

joshvegas
    Free Member

An espresso is 60quid a litre and you only get one use out of that!

bearnecessities

He does you know.

maccruiskeen

You don’t smear them over your face on a daily basis though eh?

Not my own face no.

I’m a barber. I’m just not a very good one

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘That's the way to get rich…’ is closed to new replies.