• This topic has 34 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Caher.
Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • That’s me done.
  • ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Not back to work until the 2nd Jan 🙂

oldtennisshoes

I’m on the wind down – can’t imagine much getting done between now and mid January TBH.

spawnofyorkshire

Urgh I’ve got loads of work on till the 21st, at least I get two weeks off and a week in the lakes to look forward to!

Kryton57

Urgh I’ve got loads of work on till the 21st

+1

at least I get two weeks off and a week in the lakes to look forward to!

Not 🙁

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Ive got issues of the paper going out as usual, including on on the day after Boxing Day.

Joy!

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I’m done til May.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m on the wind down – can’t imagine much getting done between now and mid January TBH.

This week is a heavy week for me, then i’m off on hols until 5th Jan 👍😜

scotroutes

Work?

I remember that…

FuzzyWuzzy

I’m stupid busy (not even time to browse a cycling forum honest…) as the customer has implemented a change freeze on the 21st Dec but not also decided to try and implement several projects before then ffs.

the-muffin-man

I’m moving business premises the week before Christmas – just planning the necessary engineers for each bit of kit!

wrightyson
    Free Member

As I’ve got to get this **** finished for the second week in March we’ll probably be working Christmas Day!!!

Houns

Pffh I finished on 10th November and don’t go back until Feb.

giz a job someone 😕

P-Jay
    Free Member

A lot of the people / organisations we work with have pretty much said they’re on wind down now for Christmas. I think they’ve lost their collective minds. How any one can pretty much sign off 10% of the year (give or take) to eat Quality Street and listen to The Pogues is completely beyond me.

This week is ‘normal’ as is next week, and the week after.

I’ll wind down on the 24th, go home early, and come back on the 2nd, although I wonder if it’s worth it, the same people who like to give up on work for all of December, don’t really like to do much the first week back.

(I might admit I wind down about Easter until September)

phil5556

I’m working Nightshift of Christmas Eve and Christmas Night. So yeah, can’t get too excited about Christmas.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>Houns
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Member</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

Pffh I finished on 10th November and don’t go back until Feb.

giz a job someone 😕

</div>

Can you fly a drone? 😉    Your passport up to date?

It was 10 years ago you last dropped by…..  🙁

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Stuff all needs delivering before Christmas and then straight back into it after, only plus was I was meant to be on a course this week which was cancelled so I’m taking a couple of days in lieu back while I can

sadexpunk

id rather have my time off in summer rather than december.  cant see any reason at all to have more than a couple of days off at christmas.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Back to work tomorrow after 10 weeks at home.

The job is supposed to last 2 weeks.

It better.

mattbee

Would normally be pretty much done with site work at the end of this week but have had a few extra jobs booked in so now busy until the 21st then got a nicely blank diary until last week of Jan when it’s full again.  So barring any emergency leak fixing jobs I’ll be able to do bugger all except for a bit of paperwork. I tend to use the first few weeks of Jan for reviewing RaMs etc and our LOLER inspections fall then too so enough to keep me mildly busy but plenty of time free.

robbo1234biking

Work seems to be winding down already which doesn’t help with motivation at this time of the year! Finish on the 20th but using up some holiday on Fridays so only 11 days left in the office.

I like having time of at Christmas. Everyone else in the industry is off so you don’t get back to hundreds of emails as no one has been at work so you get a true break without having a ton of stuff to come back to.

senorj

21st for me, not had a full weekend off for a while , I can’t wait.

Plus, I also have a week in Cumbria to look forward too. Hurrah.

ooh…just checked…I have 2.5 days leave left to fritter away on riding bikes before 21st…double hurrah.

oldfart

Agree with Sadexpunk, time off when the days get longer and warmer 😎

nixie

Would normally be pretty much done with site work at the end of this week but have had a few extra jobs booked in so now busy until the 21st then got a nicely blank diary until last week of Jan when it’s full again.  So barring any emergency leak fixing jobs I’ll be able to do bugger all except for a bit of paperwork. I tend to use the first few weeks of Jan for reviewing RaMs etc and our LOLER inspections fall then too so enough to keep me mildly busy but plenty of time free.

Yet you still don’t manage to come out riding!

ads678

id rather have my time off in summer rather than december.  cant see any reason at all to have more than a couple of days off at christmas.

Snowboarding. Woop Woop, can’t wait for the drive to the Pyrenees on Boxing day!!

plumber
    Free Member

7 working days left for me 🙂

ThePinkster

Other than the public holidays I have 1 day off over the Christmas period.

Would rather save my time for when I can enjoy being outside 😀

phiiiiil

I don’t reckon much to wrightyson’s lawn…

SaxonRider

My Christmas holiday started on 30 October, and will probably last until sometime in late January/early February.

Yay.

trail_rat
    Free Member

We have been informed to expect consultancy letters for a restructure…..and reapplication for the available.jobs -less jobs than there are people of course.

Happy **** Xmas.

How ever the biggest question I’ve heard since the meeting is …. Do I really want to apply for these jobs :/

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I actually like the fact we have some proper down time this end of the year, reckon it would be fairly grim without the break, falls quite nicely this year for a Friday finish and get away.

colp

@trail_rat

I know I give you loads on the ebike threads but fingers crossed mate.

flange
    Free Member

I’ve got two massive projects to deliver off the back of three consecutive 70 hour weeks. I’ve just cancelled my leave at Xmas…

trail_rat
    Free Member

Ha cheers colp .

Ordinarily I wouldn’t be bothered but that has to be a record from employment in the department  to consultancy of 34 days.

Either they knew it was coming and my old boss wanted shot of me or I’m part of the new big picture.

Either way that’s 30 odd days I have not been applying too and going to interviews as per previous November like

stumpyjon

I’m just going back, been out of work since the end of September, induction tomorrow although I’ve only got to do 5 days between now and Christmas, tried to get a January start but they wanted me so much they needed me before, nice to be wanted…..I think.

Caher

Got to pop over to Germany next week but finished on the Friday 14th until the 3rd.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘That’s me done.’ is closed to new replies.