Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • That’s it I’ve had it – TFIF
  • stumpyjon

Long rubbish week, I’m sacking it off at 3 to go ride my bike. Just been asked if I was doing anything exciting the this weekend, like what!!!! I’m knackered, I’m in a loop, and the weather forecast promised sunshine that hasn’t materialised, a ride might wake me up.

Anyone else the same or have you all had spectacular weeks with amazing weekend plans?

bearnecessities

What’s a weekend?

Kuco

Been off all week, today’s been really sunny and mild, had my first Covid jab this morning, been for a spin on the bike for an hour early on, and got a bottle of wine waiting for later. Next week will be back to shit when I go back to work.

Hope you enjoy your ride stumpyjon.

Houns

It’s my Sunday

ads678

I flipped a bit yesterday. Work crap, been having major works at home that have been delayed due to covid so been living in a broken house for what seems like ages. Getting there but it’s taking its toll. Wife and two kids also work/schooling at home. Fortunately I don’t work Fridays so been doing useful stuff today to try and get my head in a better place. At least it’s sunny here so might go for a ride in a minute, with a stop off at B&Q for a door handle….

All first world problems but it’s getting on top of me a bit.

13thfloormonk

I keep saying I’ve had it, but then realise that nobody has noticed and that expectations have remained unchanged, then I bottle it as I decide that trying to meet deadlines is easier than explaining why I haven’t, even though I won’t meet them anyway which makes me wonder why I’m bothering.

Nice bike ride planned for tomorrow AM, then wife will of course expect a few hours to herself, so for the sake of a morning bike ride I’ve effectively written off another day I should be working to meet the deadline on Sunday (I don’t think client was looking at his calendar when he set that date…).

Happy days, maybe it’s an important life skill to learn to stop giving a shit, I don’t *think* they can fire me…

mattbee

Been working away all week, got home this lunchtime and am now regretting having persuaded the guys to work this weekend to catch up on some stuff delayed by the weather, as it means I need to go in too. At least it’s double bubble…

airvent
    Free Member

Not had a spectacular week no, work crap, always get issues on a Friday that need resolved before the weekend, this time two mistakes i’ve made that i need to put right. Already put the beers in the fridge ready for 5pm. Enjoy your bike ride!

thols2

I’m in a loop

This is the only bit that made sense to me..

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Lovely weather here in Wales, work! what’s that?!
    I’m watching the sun setting over the sea from my garden after a tough week of pottering and playing my guitar (reaches for bottle of quality ale) 😁
    We’re probably going to get the scooters out tomorrow for a tazz to the beach.
    Hang in there, it will get better; maybe.

Kryton57

Great week at work, Mrs K has been offered 2 jobs, going for an MTB ride tomorrow, hot dogs for Tea, its sunny, I have a pint of Wainwright’s in my hand.

I think I’ve waited about a year for a day like this.

reluctantjumper

I struggle to know what day it is right now, they all blend into one when you don’t really have any reason to get out of bed!

I’m presuming it’s Friday.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Utterly crap week, I’m hovering above rock bottom I know a decent ride will sort me out but I had to sell my bikes to afford a house when my wife left.

woe is me I know. I’m trying to be very positive but it’s bloody hard isn’t it.

Im going to go for a walk tomorrow, try and drag me out of this funk. Keep trucking op, we’ll get through this.

chrishc777
    Free Member

I sent a grenade email out at 6 then switched everything off

Monday will be bad but it’s sunny down here and I have bikes in the shed

scaredypants

Just sent my last email of the week – been bloody hectic but not all COVID, which made a nice change.
    Wife & daughter sorting a curry.
    Day off the exercise too, for me.

Hang in there everyone

stumpyjon

Well I went for the ride, got back to hear my work phone buzzing so did another 30 mins work, weather brightened up and the rest of the family decided it was a takeaway night so things improved.

When done Kryton and Mrs K, you’ve had a rough year.

This is the only bit that made sense to me..

Kinda the point, but yes reading it back it was a bit incoherent but obviously resonated with a few.

toby1

Had my first individual consultation meeting for redundancy this week, second likely to be with er then of next week, it early week after. It looks like a forgone conclusion really company needs to cut 30 people and to be honest I’m ready to go.

This week has been acting as a rep for the collective consultation, job hunting, job applications, an interview, meetings and lots of dog walks, a mixed bag.

I’m relatively lucky in that there seem to be jobs around and I have a decent set of contacts. I’m a bit unlucky in that post Pandemic a lot of those jobs all still seem to be London based and I’m in a village out of Cambridge, I did the commute before and will not go back to it full-time, need to decide if I want to go back to it part time though.

Oh and to top it all off I think I have to admit that something in beer triggers ibs in me, I had one last night and here I am in the bog again early the next morning.

stumpyjon

toby1 getting job applications in and an interview before being confirmed redundant is excellent, well done, something to be proud of. Unlucky about the beer though.

dudeofdoom

Oh and to top it all off I think I have to admit that something in beer triggers ibs in me, I had one last night and here I am in the bog again early the next morning.

Meh good excuse to try all the beers until you find one that doesn’t trigger.

Adult huggies are also available if all else fails 🙂

footflaps

Work have been pestering us to use our holiday evenly throughout the year, rather than waiting for lockdown etc to all be over and buggering off for 6 weeks etc. So I took Friday off on the spur of the moment as it was a lovely day. Went off exploring random roads I’d not ridden according to Strava’s heat map, ticked off a few more…

Am slightly disappointed Cambridge isn’t named ‘Big Cambridge’, would make a good set…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kFo7RP]Friday ride[/url] by Ben Freeman, on Flickr

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘That’s it I’ve had it – TFIF’ is closed to new replies.