Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Thats it, I give up climbing!
  • deep_river
    Free Member

I am now purely a mountain biker!

When I want to climb, its either wet, too cold, forcast to be wet, or theirs no one to climb with!

What a waste of time!

dorkingtrailpixie
    Free Member

Don’t do it deep river!
    I have huge sympathy with you. I’m a climber/mountaineer etc and get bloody pissed off by the same things. I started biking around 5 yrs ago now and actually ride much more than I climb as I have great riding on my doorstep (Surrey Hills) and no ‘proper’ crags within 3 hours (Swanage and Portland).
    Now then, the trick is balance in these things. Just ’cause I ride more now than I climb, doesn’t mean I don’t actually love climbing a whole lot more. I gonna take a guess here that even though the riding gives you a buzz, it’s nowhere near the buzz you get from topping out on a great multi-pitch mountain route in the middle of nowhere? Cliche yes, but I feel most alive when I’ve been closest to death (dodgy gear, hanging belays, rockfall etc)
    Re-think it – you’ll miss it mate!

lipseal
    Free Member

You can ride up them now. 😉

binners

I gave up climbing ages ago. I now push my bike up every hill. I get to ride down them though. Which is fun 😀

deep_river
    Free Member

I moved from hope in derbyshire to shropshire a bit back, that didnt help! from heaven to hell as far as climbing is concerned, but one type of heaven to another as far as mtb’ing.

molgrips
    Free Member

I have not climbed for years.

Too many fear issues caused in part by not having anyone to go with regularly enough to a) get a grip of myself and b) get fit enough not to get into fear territory.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’m not really a keen rock climber, prefer mountaineering. if I was offered the choice to go to the alps on a mountaineering trip or a MTB trip, I’d chose mountaineering without hesitation for the same reasons as dtp^ (maybe taking a bike just in case of rain).

jameso

Climbing’s so much harder to do regularly compared to riding, but ditto above I’d love to be able to be on a basic mountain route more often, learning faster. Up high in the alps on a route, even at my bumbling level, beats riding – surprised me to realise that as I utterly love riding!

Don’t give up just yet..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Thats it, I give up climbing!’ is closed to new replies.