Viewing 40 posts - 1,001 through 1,040 (of 1,802 total)
  • Thatcher's died according to BBC
  • paulwilsonmtb
    Free Member

Well she did at least inspire a huge thread on here about herself!

I’m concerned that holding her funeral in such a place could create problems, not just for all the businesses in that are which will be disrupted, but because of the possibility of any protest becoming violent. Wouldn’t it have been better to hold it somewhere a lot quieter and easier to police?

Aren’t the current Pendelino trains an engineering descendent of the APT?

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Stop being so bloody neutral junkyard!

wwaswas

1003!

oh.

*waits for 2000 to come up*

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kimbers

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Just ask Veolia to do the job.

tiggs121
    Free Member

Nice one Kimbers. Like it.

whitegoodman
    Free Member

We’re going to need a very big wall to keep them all in/out if he gets his way..

yunki
    Free Member

rudebwoy
    Free Member

top man Yunki !!

julianwilson
    Free Member

Been on nights so lots of catching up on this thread. Heard and read lots more about her in last few days of course.

The bit that stood out for me was the soundbite from sometime after she left no 10 where she talks about how every politician can understand that one might be stabbed in the back, but she couldn’t get over or forgive how it happened to her.

For me that brought it all home that irrespective of her policies (which as part of the stupid and impertinent lefty club I of course mostly didn’t agree with), she was driven beyond all common sense. No doubt that the 150 or so Conservative MP’s in less than safe seats and her own cabinet were right to get her out before she lost them the next election and still she couldn’t see how she had brought this ousting upon herself. We don’t need political changelings like Blair, Clegg and Cameron, but we really don’t need rigid and uncompromising ones either.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

….. she talks about how every politician can understand that one might be stabbed in the back, but she couldn’t get over or forgive how it happened to her.

Well that is something she had in common with Ted Heath then. He too couldn’t get over or forgive how she stabbed him in the back.

But I’m surprised to hear that she was surprised.

After all, I would have expected that she, of all people, would have been fully aware of just how cold and ruthless Tory politicians can be.

The only tears she is known to have shed were ones of self pity.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

that odious son — embodies all her instincts and attributes– selfishness, arrogance, conceit, and more bad habits than a coprophillic priest.

mt
    Free Member

Do mean you don’t like him then?

rudebwoy
    Free Member

they say time is a great healer– well this proves that its not the case…..the outpouring of hate towards her and her ilk is necessary

whitegoodman
    Free Member

rudebwoy – Member
    they say time is a great healer– well this proves that its not the case…..the outpouring of hate towards her and her ilk is necessary

All very well if correct and informed, but I’ve seen and heard her criticised for planning to nuke Bueonos Aries invading Iraq, causing the ERM crash and a whole host of other bollox that Lefties love to spiel and blame anyone for with no basis in fact. Half those dancing in the streets were not even born during the good bit of her influence.

Baying ‘Thatcher Thatcher Thatcher Dead Dead Dead,’ is just crass and certainly not the sort of behaviour a fair society would wish to tolerate.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

All very well if correct and informed, but I’ve seen and heard her criticised for planning to nuke Bueonos Aries invading Iraq, causing the ERM crash and a whole host of other bollox that Lefties love to spiel and blame anyone for with no basis in fact. Half those dancing in the streets were not even born during the good bit of her influence.

Well, i’ve seen and heard her praised for curing cancer, inventing the internet and having a great pair of baps and a whole host of other etc. etc.

Though the baps bit might be true

Baying ‘Thatcher Thatcher Thatcher Dead Dead Dead,’ is just crass and certainly not the sort of behaviour a fair society would wish to tolerate.

Unfortunately, we don’t have a fair society.

Tum ti tum…

AdamW
    Free Member

Half those dancing in the streets were not even born during the good bit of her influence.

That may be true, together with the other half eulogising her not even being born during her influence.

Which “good bit” was that? The leaving of Downing Street?

yunki
    Free Member

‘Thatcher Thatcher Thatcher Dead Dead Dead,’

that’s pretty catchy actually.. 😀

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I lived and suffered through the Thatcher era, and I’m celebrating the fact that the Great Leveller finally caught up with her.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Half those dancing in the streets were not even born during the good bit of her influence.

So you think Britain is no longer influenced by that “unique and towering figure” ?

Well that’s very much a minority point of view – both the Government and HM Opposition’s official position is that her legacy lives on.

And I think it is probably fair to say that even the lives of young people today have been affected by her premiership.

gordimhor

Let’s not forget the role (s) played by her colleagues in the cabinet. Messrs Howe, Lawson, Major and lamont. Mr Tebbit, Mr Fowler, Mr Parkinson, Mr Hurd Mr Redwood. Mr Whitelaw, Mr Heseltine, Mr Clarke Mrs Currie, Mr Pym. I could go on.. they’re all to blame along with the conservative party financiers

allthepies
    Free Member

Dont’ forget Humphrey the cat

camo16
    Free Member

So we can look forward to another 14 threads like this one then, gordimhor? 😉

Can we make it 13? Hesaltine looks exactly like my granddad, so he can’t be all bad.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

they’re all to blame along with the conservative party financiers

Very true. And I also like to remember the responsibility of those who voted Conservative, without them none of it would have been possible.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Glenda does well, Bercow is cool

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDtClJYJBj8&sns=em [/video]

deviant
    Free Member

Is Glenda drunk there or is that her normal mannerisms?….frightening if that gets to vote on policy!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

that

Classy as ever.

somafunk

frightening if that gets to vote on policy!

As opposed to the baying sycophantic amoebas (or in my words **** tory wankstains) on the opposite bench?, give me 650 “Glenda Jacksons” to populate the house of commons and i’ll give you a fair and just society

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Is Glenda drunk there or is that her normal mannerisms?….frightening if that gets to vote on policy!

Yeahh, her mannerisms are the relevant 🙄

Did you find it difficult to understand?

gordimhor

Hopefully there will be no more threads like this, all our politicians from now on will be honest, intelligent and compassionate, they will be voted for by a pub lic who like and respect them and we will all be slim biking wonder kids riding dry trails:-)

El-bent
    Free Member

We don’t have a fair society. She had a major hand in how the people of this country behave.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

We don’t have a fair society.

We don’t have a society, there is no such thing, only individuals.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Scotland requested that they be allowed to do the honors, specifically because they wished to ensure that Thatcher had actually died. Plans for the Scottish funeral involved a 21 cannon salute carried out by the artillery detachment of the Black Watch. Rather than use blanks, the Black Watch would fire live high explosive shells directly into Thatcher’s coffin. The coffin’s remains would then be gleefully urinated upon by drunken members of the Scottish public. Most Scots feel that this would be an appropriately solemn farewell to the dictator they so adore.

The way in which Thatcher’s corpse will be disposed has not yet been decided. A whitepaper published in Science in 2009 discussed the viability of a number of options. On cremation, it stated that the corpse of a lich is notoriously difficult to burn, and attempting to burn the body of the arch-lich herself would undoubtedly result in failure. Burial was also considered, but the estimated cost to prevent the inevitable haunting of the area surrounding the burial site was deemed to be too high. The subject would need to be buried below a bloodstone 2.5km in diameter, which itself would need to be sealed via sacrificing the lives of 250 union members atop the aforementioned stone. Experts in the field are currently looking towards recent advancements in nuclear waste storage, and 2.5% of the UK budget is put aside annually for ongoing research and development into the potential solutions to Thatcher Storage.

On uncyclopedia…I lol’d.

Coyote
    Free Member

Hmmm… My respect for Glenda Jackson has just increased massively.

Deviant, are you from the 1970s?

athgray
    Free Member

Just seen it on the news. Agree with Coyote about Glenda Jackson. At least she is stopping the specially convened session of parliament sounding like a 7 hour love in.

yunki
    Free Member

Glenda Jackson.. what a woman

That took some real integrity – obviously completely inspired by the late great maggie fatcha

mefty
    Free Member

10 key quotes from Glenda Jackson’s speech on the former Prime Minister

Typical, shortchanging us again there are only 9 quotes.

footflaps

Well the good news is that Ding Dong The wicked Witch is Dead is now number 1 in iTunes chart and looking set to be the UK number 1 for next week 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

But I’m surprised to hear that she was surprised.

That surprises me, ernie, as I thought it was well known that she was so sure of her victory in the leadership election that she didn’t even bother attending in person.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,001 through 1,040 (of 1,802 total)

The topic ‘Thatcher's died according to BBC’ is closed to new replies.