Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • That zwift thing is now open beta…
  • AdamW
    Free Member

Anyone here on it? You likey?

midlifecrashes

Wot izzit?

righog
    Free Member

Looks interesting !

Zwift

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I’ve been on it since Januaryish, it’s brilliant and it’s set to get even better once training plans and organized races etc come online.

Even in it’s present state which is essentially just free-ride you can easily get into impromptu races or chaingangs if you’re that way inclined or just cruise about the place chatting.

I was previously a big user of Sufferfest but now I’d much rather go zwifting instead. If you’re actually training then Trainerroad (&Sufferfest) is a simpler workout but probably not for long.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I was on since January too. I don’t like it. I though the graphics were poor by modern standards and there seemed to be a lag between putting me putting the power down and the avatar responding.

I was using it with a non powered turbo trainer which meant that it didn’t auto adjust for hills so the only difference between going up a hill and riding on the flat was that the on screen speed would drop. I basically sat riding at the same power output for the whole ride so although the chart of the ride showed I’d gone faster on some sections and slower on others all I actually felt like I’d done was a completely steady 40 minute effort.

Hopefully the training programmes will address this but until then I’d much rather follow the graph on TrainerRoad. Despite it setting out to be less immersive I find TrainerRoad more involving. I did put in a feature request to trainerRoad to see if they could add a collaborative aspect to the training as i thought that was a particularly good thing about zwift and I got a response to say that it’s something that they are in the process of adding although they didn’t give a time scale.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘That zwift thing is now open beta…’ is closed to new replies.