Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • That Zee mech with Sram shifter combination??
  • st

Is Anyone here successfully running a Zee 10 speed rear much with a SRAM 9 speed shifter?

I bought a short cage mesh to replace my knackered SRAM X9 to run on an 11-28 9 speed cassette but can’t get it working right. I’ made a 6mm spacer (the cable sits slightly less than this in a groove I’ve filed into the spacer).

It’s mostly working on the way up the cassette with just a couple of hang ups but not so well coming back down.

Should,d I expect it to work just fine or is it a bit of a compromise / fudge that you have to live with?

I’ve also tried it without the spacer as some threads on line suggest but that was a mess.

Ta.

scruff
    Free Member

Mines fine. You must be a thicko.

st

Clearly

Tnuc…

sam123
    Free Member

I got mine shifting perfect both down and up using an x7 shifter and a 11-32 cassette. I do not use a spacer.

All I had to do was play around with the limit screws

Speeder

Mine’s perfect up and down same Zee/X9 with a spacer. Check your cable.

Northwind

Yeah, something wrong, if it works one way but not the other I’d suspect cable too. I’ve got 3 of these set up, and one proper 10-speed bike, they work much the same.

100mphplus
    Free Member

Works spot on with my X9 shifter and saint mech with spacer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘That Zee mech with Sram shifter combination??’ is closed to new replies.