Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • "That yorkshire rose is a deal breaker for me"
  • wwaswas

from the on-one site and regarding their new colour schemes.

I'm a bit non-plussed, personally, but wondered what would need to be on the headbadge of a bike before anyone else would 'not buy it'?

tinsy
    Free Member

Ammaco?

trailmonkey

a saltire 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Link?

wwaswas
    whytetrash

Flag of St George/Nazi symbols/Carrera….probably quite a list

Olly
    Free Member

someone pointed out, that that on-one star, is actually the centre of the rose, and always has been.
    dunno if on-one know that?

still waiting on the pre order to arrive……

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Having read the comments, I can't believe people can be quite so absurdly petty. FFS get over yourselves

Olly
    Free Member

just strikes me as an excuse to get a custom headbadge?
    surely?

snowslave

Buy the bike and thrash it to an inch of it's life. Then everyone's happy.

Solo
    Free Member

Interesting and I can't help but wonder:

So for example, Hope putting the flag of the Union on some of their product would actually put you off buying their items ?.

🙂

S.

Surfr
    Free Member

I never noticed that about the star, but it clearly is the centre of the rose isn't it. You learn something every day.

Olly
    Free Member

i never noticed either, but my special friend, is a bit special, so sees things like that :s (special means "artistic")

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I never noticed that about the star, but it clearly is the centre of the rose isn't it. You learn something every day.

Indeed, I always thought it was a sphincter muscle.

AndyP
    Free Member

Indeed, I always thought it was a sphincter muscle.
    that was the Kona one wasn't it? Inspired by a stripper's hoop.

So for example, Hope putting the flag of the Union on some of their product would actually put you off buying their items ?.
    Were you not from the UK, it might well do.
    Personally, Hope stuff putting the word 'Hope' on their products puts me off buying their items…

AdeC
    Free Member

I know for a fact that there are riders from Northern Ireland that would not use Hope brakes because of the Union Jack and would not ride Orange bikes.
    hmmmmm? make of that what you will

rkk01
    Free Member

Hmmm,

Not overly keen on Pace's use of the St George's flag on their products – unnecessary really

BigDummy
    Free Member

I think I could get over what stickers a bike had on it, generally. If it was actually made by bona fide nazis and the profits were used for a policy of genocide that would put me off certainly, but if it was simply adorned with nazi images I reckon I'd get another sticker to stick over the top.

RestlessNative
    Free Member

How bizzare.

uplink
    Free Member

If it was actually made by bona fide nazis and the profits were used for a policy of genocide that would put me off certainly

It's worse than that BD – we're talking Lancs & Yorkists here, they hold a grudge!

It'd be like Maggie getting a hammer & sickle tattooed on her forehead

alpin
    Free Member

the union jack is, in my opinion, quite well liked outside of the UK (england).

see lots of kids and grown ups wearing clothing with a Jack printed across the front, the back, on the arse etc….

i quite like the little union jack on my Sanderson. just a shame it's so low down and almost covered by the front mech. i'd quite like it if all UK frame manufacturers/designers stuck a trendy Jack on their frame.

the UK is seen as a very cool and happening place. and the Jack is instantly recogniseable. not like the german/belgian flag, italian/irish flag, french/flag of surrender flag (JOKE!!!!).

Olly
    Free Member

[pedant]that would be the union flag i THINK your refering to?

strictly spreaking "THE union jack" looks like this?

being both a "jack" and "of the union" [/pedant]

the flying of a union flag on a non UK naval ship is striclty speaking, illegal,

still, the union flag is cool. ide buy a bike with one on,

the st georges cross however makes me cringe, mainly because of things like:

miketually
    Free Member

My Inbred's gone all incognito:

You'd never know 🙂

I'd always assumed the 'flash' on the On-One logo was a rusty sheriff's badge.

wwaswas

other than the seat clamp and the chain tensioner 😉

Olly
    Free Member

ure little inbred boy made it into the SAS?

miketually
    Free Member

other than the seat clamp and the chain tensioner

And the stem and the bars and the hubs and the rims and the bottle cages 🙂 Actually, I think the hubs and bottle cages are Planet X.

wwaswas

well, as long as it's not all on-one kit you'll get away with it…

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘"That yorkshire rose is a deal breaker for me"’ is closed to new replies.