Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • That was unusual – ebike content
  • muddyground
    Free Member

Two cyclists coming towards me, first one around 35 years old on an e-bike. Second one, around 70, pedal powered. I asked if they’d got things the right way around? 70 year old: Only way I can get the young ‘un out.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Agreed was unusual that you thought you needed to question it.

handybendyhendo
    Free Member

I imagine it was a jokey comment…….eye rolling smiley

simondbarnes

E-bike are pedal powered too.

convert

I’m kind of hoping that if I play my card right healthwise the retired 70 yr old version of me wih plenty of time on my hands might be fitter than the 45 yr old version (35yr old version was fit as, 45 not so much). Of course fit and 70 might still be down a bit on power but I’m hoping he could give a desk bound stressed 35yr old a run for his money.

FOG

I am the 70 year old version of me and recently bought an ebike as I was feeling a bit pathetic and slow. However I go out on the other bikes more than the ebike so perhaps the psychology is working and I am getting fitter!

Klunk
    Free Member

E-bike are pedal powered too.

lol yeah right…. seen 3 so far this year and no pedaling involved.

simondbarnes

lol yeah right…. seen 3 so far this year and no pedaling involved.

An e-bike doesn’t function without pedalling. If they do then they are an e-motorbike. HTH.

Klunk
    Free Member

If they do then they are an e-motorbike.

what with no helmet lights and registration tut tut ICYAT

theboatman
    Free Member

E-bike are pedal powered too

trail_rat
    Free Member

E bikes function perfectly well without actually applying any force to the pedals.

*Softpedaling*

tomhoward

I see this thread started from a predictable position and is continuing down a predictable path.

chevychase

Obese sister got on an ebike in the lakes along with 9 other family members this Xmas. Me on my Ti hardtail.

She’d not ridden a bike of any kind in 5 years. Dropped me for dead, did 3 times the miles (on road). Finished the climb up to the dog and duck from low wray in a time that’d make some roadies weep.

She **** loved it (great) – “and I didn’t even blow that hard”.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘That was unusual – ebike content’ is closed to new replies.