• This topic has 28 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by fossy.
Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • That was embarrassing…
  • Kryton57

Out last night catching with two old mates. Of a young couple sitting next to us, the young man goes off to the Gents. His girlfriend starts giggling so my mate says with a grin, “Whats up, you ok”?

“yeah” she says with a laugh

“The things is, you three sitting there talking about your sons & daughters, ballet classes, rugby games and sounds like my dad and his mates talking at their weekly Card game at home”.

Sigh… Branded as “old” and earmarked as “dad”.

jekkyl

Anchor

derek_starship
    Free Member

Did you expect a beej?

Kryton57

a beej

non comprendes…

legend
    Free Member

I always figured you were ancient too

rene59
    Free Member

You can be old and a dad or established and a daddy. Your choice.

DickBarton

Clearly old as your hearing isn’t working as you’ve all been shouting so another table also gets your updates…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Phew.

Thought you were gonna say you ended up in spoons with the grotty working classes.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I am left wonder why you care what others think of you.

We are born, we grow old. The bit in between we choose to live.

neilwheel
    Free Member

Talk about celebrities next time to avoid age-barrassment.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Should’ve posted an insta of your pint and crisps.

nealglover
    Free Member

Talk about celebrities next time to avoid age-barrassment

I don’t think talking about the Cannon and Ball Christmas special would have helped tbh.

neilwheel
    Free Member

Okay, how about Joe Cocker then?

funkmasterp

I’m failing to see the embarrassing part here. Unless, were you talking about your shared love for Sons & Daughters the soap opera?

Rubber_Buccaneer

So the 57 in your name is not the year you were born?

kayak23

What were they talking about?. Power Rangers or some shit?

Pah. Don’t know they’re born innit..

ads678

I reckon she was well up for it!!

nealglover
    Free Member

Wasn’t she a bit old for ballet lessons ?

beej

Sorry, got here a bit late.

Drac

😂

northernsoul

Almost the funniest post ever…

I teach students who are the same age as my friends children. Quite amusing in many ways, but whilst I never thought I’d enjoy being middle aged, it’s actually great – disposable income and enough health to do something useful with it.

I am conscious though that many coffee conversations at work become child oriented, which must be boring as **** for those without children…

rene59
    Free Member

Well, you came, that’s the main thing.

I am conscious though that many coffee conversations at work become child oriented, which must be boring as **** for those without children…

The worst are those who have their first child a bit later in life, nothing more tedious than a 40year old becoming a parent for the first time rambling on as if theirs is the most unique, precious baby that’s ever existed.

Poopscoop

Lol, great thread. Had a proper laugh out load moment!😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

proper laugh out load moment

Erm…

northernsoul

^ Freudian…

nothing more tedious than a 40year old becoming a parent for the first time rambling on as if theirs is the most unique, precious baby that’s ever existed.

I do agree, although I’m one of those who arrived later to parenting. I’ve no illusions that my kids are any different to anyone else’s though. I’m more annoyed by those who know everything about parenting on the basis of a sample size of 1.

takisawa2

The perfect retort:-
    “When your boyfriend is our age he too will have many leather bound books, & an apartment that smells of Mahogany wood”.

arrpee
    Free Member

Dude, you are old.

And it’s fine.

What would you rather be, a millenial?

You should have immediately seized upon the obvious piss-taking opportunity and started telling her about how the intrnet used to be in black and white.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Edit.

fossy

You are a cool dad – you ride a bike. The kids in our office don’t do anything ‘sporty’ never mind throwing yourself down mountains on a push bike (even after breaking my spine on a road bike).

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘That was embarrassing…’ is closed to new replies.