Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • That was a great Dakar
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Cracking race, Pierre Cherpin RIP

Peterhansel wins again, the man is a bonafide legend.

Bikes very close, Knighter a good first effort.

trail_rat
    Free Member

what coverage did you watch ?

I tried to watch the RBTV coverage…… frankly it was shit – the race hadnt even finished before they did that days coverage so they couldnt do results . i gave up on it after a couple of days .

is it still on eurosport ? yes their coverage wasnt great but it was better than that of the RBTV

IdleJon

yes their coverage wasn’t great but it was better than that of the RBTV

RBTV must really be bad then. I gave up on Eurosport after a few days – their coverage seems to get worse every year. Is it really too much to ask for some real highlights, rather than a whizz through the front-runners followed by an embedded extended advert for Saudi? I’m not sure why it needs to be less than 30 minutes a day, including breaks? Why it barely touches on the private racers? Why it jumps around the schedule so that my series link occasionally misses it and I have no idea whether I’m watching today’s, yesterday’s or the day before’s stage? It’s not like the Eurosport schedule is rammed with live sports at this time of year and they can’t fit decent coverage in.

brads
    Free Member

Loved the Dakar but lost interest when they decided to run it in that shithole.

Money talks.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Sounds like it might be similar footage and it’s the year on year degredation I’m.noticing.

Was bad last year. Was unwatchable this year. I knew less about the race having watched the program than I’d picked up reading the news.

onewheelgood

I thought the Dakar Daily with Mike Chen on RBTV was OK. Would have liked a bit more of the action and a bit less of the ‘magazine’ items, but overall it was OK. I tended to watch the next morning, but I think it was online at 18:00 UK time each day. All episodes still available at https://www.redbull.com/int-en/events/dakar-rally

All that said, I am quite uncomfortable with the sportwashing aspect of this. Saudi Arabia is not a nice country, however spectacular its landscape might be.

hugo
    Free Member

They took the cash from Saudi for sportswashing a brutal dictatorship so I’m out.

Pigface
    Free Member

The fact that it is now held in Saudi is something I wrestle with. A vile regime.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘That was a great Dakar’ is closed to new replies.